Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited April 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    All three of these builds are so well designed, built, furnished and landscaped. :) Willow Wayside looks oo beautiful inside, exterior and outside, a very lovely elegant home. Your renovated Mosquito Cove build is done so very well to cater to Mark and his interests/lifestyle, and would be a home that Mark would be so delighted to enjoy living in, so very much improved on the way it used to be! Your sunnyside up home has such a great colour scheme with nice use of patterns, and is a very sunny nice beach home to enjoy living in!
    Great builds!

Thank you Rose for your thoughtful comments. I'm really itchin' to start something new, although I do have a house a barely started that was meant for BryonyRae's single level home building contest, but never had time to finish it in time for the contest deadline, so I suppose I should get back to it. Thanks again!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2013
    WOW! :D 3 new builds! All of them looks lovely! My favourite are the beach house and the plantation style house. Love the pool area, the living room, art room, kitchen and dining room in the plantation house. Love the beachy decor and the lovely vibrant yellow you have used for the beach house. The renovated house I have seen before! Very nicely done Sandraelle! Recommended all your lovely builds. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi Sandraelle!

I went and rec'd the builds, they all look great! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Will
    edited April 2013
    Thanks a bunch Yanti and Will! I appreciate the recs and that you took the time to visit my thread. :)
    edited February 15
    MODERN VACATION HOME, 40x40 residential lot, 5/2/13

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

PICTURES

This house was entered in Whatsociallife's "Cool Conversion" Contest. For Round 1 we were supposed to submit a grunged up property that we would later turn into something livable. Instead of doing an old abandoned building, I chose to do a tropical gym that suffered major damage from a hurricane. We were not allowed to move any outside walls, so I had to use the existing outer walls but we could add and move interior walls. For Round 2, I converted it to a modern vacation home.

dP8LeOq.jpg

This is what the property looked like before the renovation -- a gym that suffered hurricane damage.

yw4yGgh.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's really striking with the black trim Sandra! I loved te living room and kitchen especially!

Rec'd!

T
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great conversion of the gym to a very nice home ! :)It looks great! Very nicely done outdoor areas, and a great choice and placement of the interior furnishings. The covered over hot tub area looks good, and very nice pool area. The rocks and fountain looks great. The plant and flower work is done well. It looks great how you have incorporated many aspects of the Swiss couple's life and interests and friends/family consideration into their home. With them being world travellers, it looks great how you have done the African animal themed entertainment room, and the 2 themed guest bedrooms. Great way you have done the Mexican and Asian themed rooms/areas with the furnishings! They look good. Great colours and pattern that you have used for these 3 themed rooms/areas! The gaming area would be a great place to enjoy playing pool and the arcade games. Great that you have brought in that as it is a vacation home, they wish to have friends to stay over and so that is why you have the guest bedrooms. The guest house, which suits their mother/mother-in-law is done well. Lovely shade of purple/maroon that you have used there! Very nicely done veranda to sit out on and relax or play chess or do star gazing. Great decks to enjoy the outdoors too. The outdoor kitchen deck would be a great place to do some cooking and then eat outdoors, Very nice photos of the build at night. Great layout of the build and the way you have chosen the uses of the rooms/area when converting it from what they were used for in the old gym, and now in the newly renovated home.
    A great conversion build, and a nice vacation home to stay in!
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love it, it really suits its surroundings and the backstory and before pictures really bring the transformation to life. Rec'd.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great job renovating the house! :D It looks gorgeous! The architecture is cute and I love the balcony and pool area. Good job with the landscaping too. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a beautiful build, I really like the layout, the way you have staggered the car parking spaces is great! The architecture is really funky and I like the palette you have chosen. Recommended!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh Sandraelle... this came out beautifully! :thumbup: The outdoor areas are lovely! I love the way you themed out the bedrooms. Each is so unique and pretty. I really like that outdoor cooking area on the raised platform. The cabana and hot tub look awesome. What a fabulous make over! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edit: misspelling on area, Lol! :lol:
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,761 Member
    edited May 2013

Hey I found you thanks to rose's comment, well this is what I wrote on the contest page....
    Yours well where to begin as I Love so much of it, I have Rec'd and just had to Fave it too. It deserves its own forum thread as so much to see and admire the work in each space. The Mexican room made me smile its so cheerful and a whole house like that would be fab. The Tv room is so cosy and I have a big love of elephants so I would love a room like that. The bedroom with the leaves is gorgeous, another pattern of yours I would use so well done. The Pinky colour with black seating is stunning btw. I loved the bathroom flooring and colour sort of greeny and ocean if you get me as I am still waking up Lol. The reading helped though very well done, makes mine boring to read lol. Oh I love the fountain over the pool a brilliant idea..must nick that some time. All in all I love the idea of diff room themes no wonder you kept secret and that made me very impatient to see it :)
    Hill
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sandraelle, I absolutely love your conversion -- saw your entry in GG. It's so beautiful -- but my favorite part is the way you described what the new owners did to transform it. Excellent work!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    edited May 2013
    Oh wow, just checking back in and came back to so many nice comments!!!

@Taryn, thanks for visiting and for the rec…I’ve always liked the black and white combo.

@Rosemow, thanks for all of your nice detailed comments! I’m glad you liked the themed rooms, I was a little hesitant at first because I wanted the whole house to have that modern feel, but thought it was appropriate for their story. On the guest house, I wished it had been bigger, but since we couldn’t move the walls, I had to go with that size. But thanks for liking my color scheme and for thinking it was a good conversion.

@walkingstick, thanks so much for the rec and your input. Where have you been, haven’t seen you around in any of the contests lately? Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying your new house.

@yanti68, thanks for taking a peek and for the rec, I appreciate it and also your nice comments. Yeah, that 2nd story veranda is so huge I was having trouble furnishing it, lol.

@FaithofKaela, I appreciate you visiting and thank you for the rec! At first I wasn’t sure how to do the layout, but it ended up flowing pretty well, especially on the first floor. Thanks again!

@WrathofCath, Thank you so much Cath. It’s always nice to get such positive feedback on a build…sometimes I think to myself, does that really look good or does that look stupid? LOL Thanks for liking the outdoor space and the bbq deck…That conversion turned out to have so much outdoor entertainment space.

@luckyheather, why thank you Hilary! I’m glad you liked my themed guest bedrooms and game room…I got the idea and just went with it, lol. I’m not sure what I did with the wallpaper pattern in the Asian themed bedroom…to be honest I don’t remember if I even recolored it or if that was how it came (I’m not at home to check at the moment). The living room color scheme was based on the painting in that room. I thought the hot pink, blacks, burgundy and orange colors were appropriate for my couple! :) If you hadn’t noticed yet, I can be very wordy and my renovation explanation was getting so lengthy, but I couldn’t trim it down, lol. Thanks again!

@Idontrcall, Aww, thanks for liking my renovation and my “long” story…I like to read other people’s stories on their builds, but always worry that people will just skip over such a lengthy story. I felt that if I didn’t explain my thoughts on how it was renovated/decorated, it wouldn’t be the same thing, so thank you for saying so.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    edited May 2013
    :) My pleasure Sandraelle as I admire your work and had a refreshed look at all of them again and saw a couple I have always loved and did not realise they were yours Lol, 1 I first saw on fidlers thread. Btw I forgot to say how much I loved the guest house and the colour and patterns are gorgeous :wink:
    Hill
    edited May 2013
    :) My pleasure Sandraelle as I admire your work and had a refreshed look at all of them again and saw a couple I have always loved and did not realise they were yours Lol, 1 I first saw on fidlers thread. Btw I forgot to say how much I loved the guest house and the colour and patterns are gorgeous :wink:
    Hill

Thanks a lot Hilary, and you know too, I admire your work very much! What is fidler's thread? Yeah the guest house came out so girly, but I was happy with my color choice.
    edited May 2013
    Anyway what are you upto atm? I am still trying to finish my WIP Alice park.
    Hill

Hi Hilary,

I'm not doing too much right now and not building for any current contests, as I'm getting ready to leave on my cruise Friday. However, last night I did have a little bit of time to work on a house that I started for ByronyRae's single level home contest.....I was never able to complete it in time for the deadline so I abandoned it, lol, but I do want to eventually finish it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2013

Hi Sandraelle I must have made a mistake as the courtyard caught my eye and yours is different, so I removed the comment, you can remove the reply too. sorry mate it looked similar. I hope you have a fantastic Cruise, its something I always fancied but cant afford, plus now I am married to a guy who is travel sick Lol.
    I did another house for that contest and left it to do the other one, glad I did Lol, cant wait to see yours when done :)
    Hill
    edited May 2013
    Hi Sandraelle I must have made a mistake as the courtyard caught my eye and yours is different, so I removed the comment, you can remove the reply too. sorry mate it looked similar. I hope you have a fantastic Cruise, its something I always fancied but cant afford, plus now I am married to a guy who is travel sick Lol.
    I did another house for that contest and left it to do the other one, glad I did Lol, cant wait to see yours when done :)
    Hill

Ok, thanks for replying Hilary. But I'm glad I found out about fidlerten's thread....I was looking through the posts and there are some amazing builds on there, so I have bookmarked the thread. I removed my reply portion in regards to your comment :)

Sorry about your hubby not being able to travel....This is my 4th cruise, I've gone on two with my hubby but the last one he got a little seasick (and he used to be in the US Navy!! LOL)

Yeah, I look forward to finishing the single level home but it will have to wait since I'm leaving on my trip tomorrow.

Have a good week!
    edited May 2013

Hi I look there now and then but dont agree with his comments Lol as he has to tell ppl to have rugs everywhere and just does not 'get' the unusual and I do lots of them :) but yes I like to see the creations there but it has slowed a lot so I only go look now and then.
    You made me laugh about your hubby :D I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip and will tell us a little about it later. x hugs
    Hill
    edited June 2013

Hello I just Rec'd and Faved your new home (not here yet) its just amazing, I love all the colours and the layout, no way does it look like a 10x10 :wink: brilliant work..as usual :mrgreen:
    Catch ya laters :) got to get on with some work er I mean play lol.
    Hill
    edited February 15
    WHITE PINE CONTEMPO, 20X30 residential lot, 6/3/13

Furnished cost: 16,324

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

PICTURES

This is a one-story contemporary wood starter home for "Lucy", created for Idontrcall's "If You Start Me Up" contest. It's decorated in pinks and browns with a laundry room, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom with all appliances upgraded to unbreakable. Out back there is a small porch, a pond and a gardening area.

hV7ix34.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top