Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad CC - Instructions on how to find it and how to get rid of it (including list)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I'm not sure where mine would fall. It's frozen on the load screen for CAH, but when I checked under the stuff that freezes/crashes the game, I know for a fact that I never downloaded any of that stuff. What else might mine fall under, anyone know?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    The list is not conclusive. There could be many more

I would suggest trying this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html to see if the problem goes away. If it does. You can start searching.

Make sure to backup the folder in Downloads
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• edited March 2013
    Okay, thanks, I really appreciate it! My Sims and I thank you. XP
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict I had uploaded a sim and didn't realize at the time that a cabinet was attached to her from TSR. I have no idea how this is even on my sim but the file name is for the cabinet is 0xee20737c7dc80e00dec6f0b2c262a36 I used the CC cleaner. There are a couple items I am not sure where they came from the hair and the formal wear. but here is the link to the sim http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7063853
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2013
    The cabinet is a pain. I still haven't gotten around to make a post about it. Just make sure to empty out your DCCache folder (except ccmerged) and stuff should not attach except of course the stuff that does anyways.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have issues wondering if this is CC related needing suggestions

my sims is stuck in labor aka she won't have her baby. She is a single parent this is her first child and I went to send her to the hospital she went in and then all of the sudden the game gltiched and i get the message that she was error trapped. She then was back at her house trying to have the baby. She just keeps error trapping(appearing and reappearing) (those of you that didn't know error trap is on of twallans mods)

Thing I have tried
    .Resetting her
    .Resetting the lot
    .Moving her out/moving her back in
    .Editing her in CAS
    .Moving her out WITH her home
    .Closing the game without saving and bringing it back up
    .tried leaving her at home (not taking her to the hospital)
    .took out my mods folder

nothing I tried has worked I may just have to delete her :/

I actually downloaded her from the exchange (or some CC site) A LONG time ago and i used her CC on other sims but never actually played her. I wanted to play her and send her to university cause i just got it. But it wouldn't let me place her and i looked and it said she was pregnant so she couldn't move there. I downloaded her and the description didn't say ANYTHING about her being pregnant and she has no family tree or nothing. So do you think it is because she has been in the library while pregnant cause I can't change that because she was downloaded pregnant ? Maybe I should just delete her sucks though cause she is involved with another sim :/

But thought i'd post this to see if anyone had any other suggestions/solution
  • MupsidedownMupsidedown Posts: 46
    edited March 2013
    THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A SAINT
  • AyanaAyana Posts: 26 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi crinrict, I'm not sure if you answered this before, but not all of my installed CC will show up under the "Installed Content" tab in the launcher anymore, so I'm not able to find any of the bad CC icons to delete them. Any idea on how to get them to show back up?
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Help!

this trench coat that goes with a naked bottom is infesting my town. I cant locate it n launcher.

bad-cc.jpg
    edited April 2013
    @Ayana: Use the method by Mel described in on the first page

@albertwhisker: That's a new one. Could you please upload a Sim with it on to the Exchange (please make a note that it contains bad cc and that it's for me to check on) and then post the link here. Thanks.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited April 2013
    I hope no one will download it.... okay I wil upload it for the sake of finding out to get rid of it. this quote is also automatically worn by male sims while taking a shower.
    edited April 2013
    Link to the bad cc, I am afraid to upload it to the exchange so:

deletes
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2013
    I've downloaded. You can remove the link.

I took a quick look and all the Sim has is some stuff that attaches to it directly so it might be that you need to remove your savedSims folder and see if it's gone then. That or it didn't transfer. Do you delete your DCBackup folder content ?

I'll check in game tomorrow.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited April 2013
    I always delete stuff in dcbackup...

I havent deleted it,I just blocked it with nraas dresser. i think I may got this coat from a downloaded household from the exchange.
    edited April 2013
    If you delete stuff in DCBackup, it won't transfer so there might nothing I can do to find out what that is.
    AHQ Tutorial

• UshioUshio Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi I just recently found the boots in my game i took out the sim that it came with but its still in my game. I even uninstall all of my store content to try and see if it would show on the launcher. Nothing. I'm stuck i havn't had any bad cc over a year and im really not in a mood to have bad cc in my game. Please help :cry::( :roll: :oops: I have tried everything i could think of i read what you have shared and its still in my game it wasn't their till now [April 2nd]been up trying to get rid of it.
  • ArisAverronArisAverron Posts: 10 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you crinrict! :D

• catitude4catitude4 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Here is an idea. How about EA having a team that goes through CC on the exchange BEFORE it is allowed to be put out for people to download? We are not all computer geniuses. I'm sure there are many that can't make heads or tails of what you're talking about here and are stuck with these bugs.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2013
    I had to do a clean install, and I'm usually pretty good about what I let in. Alas, Now I'm finding some bad shoes and I can't seem to find them. I need to delete the file and don't know where to look. As you may have noticed these shoes show up in the wrong categories and it you click on the middle one it will change the colour of your entire sim.

lh4a5uJl.png

I did a Custard check on all the items and couldn't find the issue, and when I run the Delphy Dashboard, some of my store content comes up as corrupt because it is only in one file (namely the Go All In Compilation, which is why I had to do a clean folder install in the first place).
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013
    catitude4 wrote:
    Here is an idea. How about EA having a team that goes through CC on the exchange BEFORE it is allowed to be put out for people to download? We are not all computer geniuses. I'm sure there are many that can't make heads or tails of what you're talking about here and are stuck with these bugs.

I can hear the prices of the store items, EPs and SPs going up as I type. It would take an entire separate team of people to do this. Any idea how many things are uploaded to the exchange on a daily basis? (Already today there have been 837 sims--not including lots, hair colors, patterns, accessory items, pets, etc. JUST TODAY!!)
  • AlecxARTAlecxART Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    I have a problem with a certain content installed in my Sims 3 Ambitions.

Everything is running fine, even all the downloaded and installed contents..
    but when I click the Dressers tab in BUY Mode, there are 2 installed dressers that have no thumbnail and just freezes when I click the Dressers.

Thus making my game crash..

(btw I'm using Macbook Pro)

I tried looking for it in the downloads folder but it's not there.. I guessed it would have belonged to the modern house I installed, so i tried uninstalling it, run the game, but the no-thumbnail-crash-causing content is still there -_-

help me pleasE?! :(
    edited April 2013
    @becomingjenn: Since they have a package icon they are either in your mods folder or directly attached to a Sim (I'd guess the later). Weed through your savedSims folder

@AlecxART: What icon do they have ? Can you see that ? If it's a folder, they are either attached to a Sim and you will need to remove the Sim or in your mods folder. If it's a shopping bag, it'll be in your DCCache folder. You will need to weed through if they have no picture and can't dress a Sim with it cause it's crashing.
    AHQ Tutorial

• KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am new to custom content but i have downloaded a few sims off the exchange mostly toddlers-young adults to get the hairstyles. i only trust the ones that have gotten high recs or downloads since i figure if they weren't safe that many people wouldn't have them . now for my question since ive downloaded some cc my attempts to upload anything from houses to sims keep failing could that have anything to do with the cc?
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @becomingjenn: Since they have a package icon they are either in your mods folder or directly attached to a Sim (I'd guess the later). Weed through your savedSims folder

It appears it was directly attached to a sim. Funny thing is I checked them all via CUSTARD first and didn't get the red corrupt errors. It seems there was an outfit by lilsims that did this too. All that was showing was a hair and a lipstick, but somehow somewhere these files came along for the ride (it was from a trusted creator too). I don't know how they bypassed this, but I deleted all the sims in a mass deletion, and it seemed to take care of it. Bummed some of those sims are gone, but I DON'T want that CC in my game. It's evil I tell you...:evil: :evil: lol
  • KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2013
    crinrict wrote:

It appears it was directly attached to a sim. Funny thing is I checked them all via CUSTARD first and didn't get the red corrupt errors. It seems there was an outfit by lilsims that did this too. All that was showing was a hair and a lipstick, but somehow somewhere these files came along for the ride (it was from a trusted creator too). I don't know how they bypassed this, but I deleted all the sims in a mass deletion, and it seemed to take care of it. Bummed some of those sims are gone, but I DON'T want that CC in my game. It's evil I tell you...:evil: :evil: lol
    I had those same shoes too they came attached to the Rihanna sim so don't download that sim at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top