Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Blogs - read em' & share your comments!

Hey Simmers!

We're rounding up all the Island Paradise blogs here. Feel free to share your thoughts about them!

Welcome to Paradise - SimGuruRyan
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=493029

Underwater activities - SimGuruTing
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=497606

From Roaches to Riches: A Resort Story - SimGuruMike

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=501952

Mermaid Madness! - SimGuruSarah
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=505248

The Sims 3 Island Paradise has docked! - SimGuruRyan
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=508475

Comments

• michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    Endless buffet??? I'm intrigued :)
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm intrigued by the creatures you may meet while scuba diving possibly being dangerous!

I know I'm a whole different box of crayons, but I'd love to see mer-sims with sharp. pointy phirana teeth attack random scuba divers!

Is it possible they will function like the mummies in WA, guarding sunken treasure and inflicting a bite that acts like the mummy's curse?

PLEASE say yes!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed they mentioned coffee shops. We have those in Uni. I hope that don't mean no open resturents with wait staff and hostesses.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed they mentioned coffee shops. We have those in Uni. I hope that don't mean no open resturents with wait staff and hostesses.

I was thinking the same thing. That is confusing. Will they make the barista obsolete?
  • ariesjlaariesjla Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm intrigued by the creatures you may meet while scuba diving possibly being dangerous!

I know I'm a whole different box of crayons, but I'd love to see mer-sims with sharp. pointy phirana teeth attack random scuba divers!

Is it possible they will function like the mummies in WA, guarding sunken treasure and inflicting a bite that acts like the mummy's curse?

PLEASE say yes!!!

:D I totally 2nd this!!! there's a unicorn....why not a Mer-Sim!??

also, I wish they would add a wall less shower! I know there are mods but I don't want to mess with those....way too much trouble. I would rather just pay for it.
  • The_real_raijinThe_real_raijin Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2013
    More swimming options would be nice....I like that sims can swim and earn athletic skill points but it's a bit boring that they will only swim for a short time. Splashing and holding your breath under water is nice but it would really be cool if there was something else to help keep the athletic skill running.

Learning tricks would be nice. Like (1)doggy paddle, (2)backstroke, (3)frog paddle, (4)windmill stroke {aka the normal fast stroke} and (5)float {basically with legs and arms spread to stay above water}

- A lifeguard career would be a cool loophole career.
    - Please add more braided hairstyles, there are so many left to go....
    - Please add a portable grill or crockpot.
    - Please add trailer homes
    - Please add sports wristbands, for teens and adults....
    - Please add the Justin Beiber bowl haircut....
    - An Olympian career would be nice too!

[Entering Competitions]

- Speedboat competitions
    (based on handiness, science or inventing to enhance the boat)
    - Swimming competitions
    (based on athletic ability, and ability to do swimming tricks as posted above)
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    *img
    So that's the in-pool bar?
    Not so impressive. Hopefully we got some more variations.

What a terrible fire walk pit :x That's only a small rug with new textures and 2 or 3 new walking animations, presented as a new skill :roll:

The pool slide stair backside is only a flat pic :?
    We should get one with real metal stair..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2013
    How about adding surfing as a sport to Island Paradise? :D
    edited March 2013
    More swimming options would be nice....I like that sims can swim and earn athletic skill points but it's a bit boring that they will only swim for a short time. Splashing and holding your breath under water is nice but it would really be cool if there was something else to help keep the athletic skill running.

Learning tricks would be nice. Like (1)doggy paddle, (2)backstroke, (3)frog paddle, (4)windmill stroke {aka the normal fast stroke} and (5)float {basically with legs and arms spread to stay above water}

[Entering Competitions]

- Speedboat competitions
    - Swimming competitions

The lifeguard career has already been confirmed.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited March 2013
    Open restaurants would've been WAY better than buffets. But other than that, this EP sounds good.
    edited March 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:

What is wrong with the pool bar? I mean I've been in pool bars and none of the ones I've seen are that spectacular. Plus it's what they are serving at the bar that really matters. :wink:
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited March 2013
    What is wrong with the pool bar? I mean I've been in pool bars and none of the ones I've seen are that spectacular. Plus it's what they are serving at the bar that really matters. :wink:

lol, agreed. :wink: But you've got to admit, having something like this in the game would be all kinds of awesome:

pool-bar--v1059978-31-1600.jpg
  • elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited March 2013

Yes! That would be awsome! How about Glass floors and glass walls? (brick style glass or plain).Colorable plants,Flowers and colorable Roofs?.. :lol:
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited March 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Really? :mrgreen:
    Because you asked.. I did a simple google search about pool bar and you could imagine the result :)
    Well, that's my opinion. Even if you don't concern with it's design we still need a longer pool bar for more sims.
    They said that we could build a luxurious mega resort and this little hole beside one pool looked so plain.
  • dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh I totally agree and I love all your ideas.. =) Jess

[Entering Competitions]

- Speedboat competitions
    - Swimming competitions
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~
    edited March 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Really? :mrgreen:
    Because you asked.. I did a simple google search about pool bar and you could imagine the result :)
    Well, that's my opinion. Even if you don't concern with it's design we still need a longer pool bar for more sims.
    They said that we could build a luxurious mega resort and this little hole beside one pool looked so plain.

Well I've never been to a mega resort, as those two words together scream overcrowded beach to me. And it might look plain, but I'm sure it's reclorable and all. Plus if you want a longer bar, just put two bars down beside one another. We'll probably get more than one style anyway. Even with LN we got two different bar types.

ETA: We also don't know if that is one object or not. I just looked at the pic again and it looks like it could be that the bar itself is just the lower part next to the pool. And you have to add columns around it, bar stools in the pool, and roofing. Which if this is the case, there should be no problem with everyone getting the type of look they want for their pool bar.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    I would love to see more pictures please!! ... Can we get a picture of the water pier/port lots? ... and info on how to place them in other worlds like Sunset Valley, Barnacle Bay, and all the other worlds! :mrgreen:
  • PlayItLoud25PlayItLoud25 Posts: 70 New Member
    edited March 2013
    The blog has me more excited then I was when they announced their plans for this one. I can't wait to hear more in the coming weeks.
  • stephen113stephen113 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    elsievdm wrote:
    Yes! That would be awsome! How about Glass floors and glass walls? (brick style glass or plain).Colorable plants,Flowers and colorable Roofs?.. :lol:

The one thing I've been waiting for in The Sims 3 is being able to colour roofs, this would make building so much more imaginative :D
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited March 2013
    How about some pearls? Please, clothing with pearls, jewellery and all sorts of stuff with pearls :lol::mrgreen:
    edited March 2013

The lifeguard career has already been confirmed.

That's awesome! :D
    edited March 2013
    Oh I totally agree and I love all your ideas.. =) Jess

[Entering Competitions]

- Speedboat competitions
    - Swimming competitions

Hahaha. Thanks!
    I must add 1 more thing to my list that I thought of today.
    - It would be really nice if a Harp and a Flute were added as new musical instruments. (we haven't had any new music stuff since "late night" EP to my knowledge, I'm really looking for more "play for tips" talents that can be done away from home)

Hairstyle Ideas

Braid_Short_Hair_16.jpg
    (hover over URL to view image or click on link)http://i-moc.com/wallpaper/2012/10/-Blondes-Women-Models-Jennifer-Hawkins-Smiling-Faces-Flower-In-Hair-New-Hd-Wallpaper--.jpg
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    If you didn't add it yet, please add Amusement Park type ideas so we can build:

-Zoos
    -Circus
    -Farms
    -Aquariums
    -Nature Parks
    -Water Parks

And please allow us the option of making our own gift shops, open restaurants, cotton candy and popcorn machines, and customizable Aquariums!

An attraction system for these things, so we can make more money with better items that have a higher "attraction" score would also be great! Rides, shops, animals, restaurants, size of the park, event-based attractions (booking celebrities, paying for fishing classes and offering lessons for your park, hiring performers, ), etc all add to the attraction score. The more money you make, the better attractions you can pay for, and the better your park will do!

I know you guys at EA would love playing a game that had all of these fun features, so please introduce it into IP!

I also like the competition ideas. I'd love to see yoga classes, mats, incense, tea sets, tennis courts, mermaids with different types of fins (including octopus tentacles!) would be awesome. I love everyone's ideas and some are thrown into what I've posted. Hear our pleas, EA! :lol:
  • Vase8981Vase8981 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I want them to add-

-baseball
    -braces
    -more glasses
    -fancy hairstyles
    -better shoes
    -cool stuff for the KIDS to do
    edited March 2013
    Vase8981 wrote:
    I want them to add-

-baseball
    -braces
    -more glasses
    -fancy hairstyles
    -better shoes
    -cool stuff for the KIDS to do

Don't forget about peircings and also new sunglasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top