Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Register the game!

I got the stuff pack for free with the sims 3 pets pre order. but i cant register it on this website. What am I supposed to do? Is there another way to do it?

Comments

• Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hey the same thing happened to me. I got the digital download of Outdoor Living from my Pets purchase this morning from EA and it won't let me add it to my games on this site. I talked to Rene in live chat and they told me that sometimes that just happens and there is no way to add the game without a new serial code. I think he/she is full of it. I'm angry about this because we should be able to display all the games and packs we have. I don't like EA's we know there is a problem but no we are not going to fix it because we don't care attitude. :evil:
  • HeathhaHeathha Posts: 375 Member
    edited October 2011
    I talked to someone on origin and they said the same thing!!
  • Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    edited October 2011
    This happened to me also, however when I typed in the code it said my sims 3 game was now registered, and showed a picture of the base game. Odd. I looked at the box on my page that shows the games that I have registered, and it showed Outdoor Stuff listed.

Weird bug.
  • BullonierBullonier Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2011
    im not creating a new thread since there is this one already, hope someone sees it, the problem you listed is for a game or a content?
    Cause I'm trying to register PETS so I could get the limited edition pet shop and it says my game is already registered by someone or I put it wrong... its the same problem? If it's not anyone knows how to fix it... I can't get my limited stuff because I can't register the game...
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2012
    I can't register my digital download copy of Outdoor Living Stuff either.I tried several times.
  • montemo59montemo59 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2012
    SAME WITH ME :/ GOT IT FROM ORIGIN
  • Carah98Carah98 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Maybe it is cause if you have bought a preonwed copy or you have entered it wrong :) but i have the same problem and mine isnt a pre-owned copy :(
  • BobSim500BobSim500 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Same thing here I bought the sims 3 pet(limited edition) and generations in a combo pack,from walmart, and it won't let me register the games. I tryed everything and I'm not going to buy a new code to register it AND NOW I'M MAD! ALSO I'M SAD TOO. :x :cry:
  • LauraVMBLauraVMB Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I know this is an old thread, but I ran into this problem just this morning. It is resolved now though. I emailed the customer service chaps and now it's ok, I'm not sure if they did anything or it just took its time to show up.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to post this to this thread, because this is the first item that pops up on google when I searched.

I contacted customer service with this problem, and got some awesome results. Attached is our conversation.

Margarita: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Margarita how may I help you?
    you: Hello Margarita. I'm Kit. I am having trouble with registering my nwe World Adventures game I bought through Origin on thesims3.com
    you: New. *
    Margarita: Oh okay.
    Margarita: What kind of issues are you running into?
    you: I have the serial key, but everytime I attempt to register, it says it is invalid.
    Margarita: I can look at that for you
    Margarita: What is the key?
    you: "The serial code you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid serial code and re-submit."
    you: ********************
    Margarita: Thank you. Give me one moment.
    Margarita: I am back, thank you for holding
    Margarita: It appears that the key is already used and registered to your account
    you: But it's not showing on Thesims3.com
    Margarita: Yeah some of them won't show
    Margarita: however, you still have it on Origin
    Margarita: Were you needing to download that again?
    you: No, I have it downloaded, but I use the website. I thought you get simpoints with registered expansions?
    Margarita: Not with all of them
    you: Which ones?
    Margarita: Just the base game and World Adventures
    you: So, am I not able to get the ones for World Adventures?
    Margarita: Whenever you register the game, an email will get sent to you to claim these Sims Points. You should be able to get them
    you: Let me check.
    you: I see an order confirmation from Origin that says I get free explorers loot by logging in to Sims3.com
    you: You can download your FREE* Explorer's loot by logging in to TheSims3.com with your account.
    Margarita: Let me check on that
    Margarita: I am showing you registered today
    Margarita: for that game
    Margarita: Can you check your spam folder for me real quick?
    you: I bought it yesterday. I just tried to register on the site today.
    Margarita: Sometimes they go in there.
    Margarita: Yeah it shows you got it registered after all which is good.
    Margarita: Now we have to find your Simspoints.
    you: I'm only seeing the origin confirmation.
    Margarita: Let me see what I can do for you with these Sims points
    Margarita: Give me just a moment
    you: I have a screenshot of the reciept, if you'd like to look at it.
    Margarita: No that is fine
    Margarita: I am going to check your account. Give me a moment
    you: Kay kay. =)
    Margarita: Okay
    Margarita: So it turns out that you didnt get the points
    Margarita: I am going to make them appear along with the icon on the sims site for World Adventures
    you: Omg, I love you!
    Margarita: Give me just a few minutes to fix this
    Margarita: I will be right back
    Margarita: :)
    you: Yes ma'am.
    Margarita: Thank you for holding!
    Margarita: Go ahead and login to your account
    Margarita: You should now see the game icon on the Sims site and you should also see your 1,000 Sims Points
    you: I do indeed!
    Margarita: Great. Did you need help with anything else?
    you: Not at all. Thank you so much for your time.
    Margarita: Your welcome
    Margarita: Have a great day!
    you: You too!
  • viihamoraviihamora Posts: 5
    edited January 2013

I would like to have this conversation with customer service. How?

So I decided to spend my MYR 99 on this game and then I have to deal with some hard drive problems during installation and now this - I can't register the game. Or has mine been registered already? (If the icon appears in the "My Games" section in My Page, does it mean that the game has already been registered? Then EA has to do something about error messages lol... like "You have already registered your game" or something. That'd clear up some misunderstandings.)

Nonetheless, I'm getting to like EA less and lesser now :/ This might be my last purchase.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I spoke to someone in the live chat and he registered the game for me... and I got a 15% discount coupon.

I'm not sure why they are telling the rest of you that you need a new serial number...
  • LilWeasleyGirl24LilWeasleyGirl24 Posts: 17
    edited January 2013
    Hi, I'm new here. I bought the Sims 3 base game (CD type) for Christmas and since then, I've been trying to register my game here but it wont! It says that it's an invalid code. I already installed the game and I've been playing it a lot but it gets frustrating that I can't register it :evil: :x
  • awsom315awsom315 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME I installed the game and then I tried to register it on here and it said it was invalid. It it the base game and I don't know how to register it to here because it says I get free sim points and a new place with it? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
  • zozo_roxxzozo_roxx Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    i have the same problem. i bought pets, seasons and generations at eb games in november, 2012 and havent been able to register any of them. i cant download stuff from the exchange because the ep's aren't registered even though they've been on my computer for 3 months!!HELP!!!!!!! :evil:
  • BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited March 2013
    Still can't register Seasons and now I can't register University Life. I want my extra stuff. :'(
  • AEtheenaAEtheena Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I just got the downloadable University expansion. All my games show up under my name but this one will not register.

I too am getting fed up with EA. I have been with the company since Origin was programming Ultima Online in the 1996 beta period. Before EA fired the Origin scripting team the sky was the limit and there was no lag... but fire them they did and the EA scriptors copy and paste previous work into the game without cleaning it *removing all the unneeded code first* as a result it runs slowly trying to connect dots and scripts which do not connect. If this was a competitive game I would have long since left them.

They can buy the ORIGIN name but without the clean script all this junk will keep happening.

Atheena nicknamed the Pink Atheena by the Original ORIGIN team.
  • HanaHana Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem. Even though I pre-ordered both Seasons and University Life, I haven't been able to register either of them...it just keeps saying the code is wrong. I want my toga/masquerade parties! This is so typical.
  • whoskeyjackwhoskeyjack Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Had this issue as well. Only noticed it after recently purchasing World Adventures, but turns out my base game never got registered either. Anyway, I JUST contacted customer support and after maybe about a 20-25 min wait I got thru on Live Chat and they just gave me some new codes to enter here on the site after verifying my account.
  • SezPhezSezPhez Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

I bought the Sims 3 over a year ago but didn't register the game. I have moved house and lost the CD since then although i still have the guides / serial numbers.

Tried to register the game to re-download an online version but it says the code is invalid but doesn't give me a specific reason why.

Is there anything I can do? I really don't want to pay another £30 to buy it again!

Cheers,
    Sarah.
  • jsjacobsjsjacobs Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I am having trouble with this too. I recently bought Paranormal and Pets from origin and am trying the activation codes but they just will not work. I am really sick of all the problems I've been having with this game and this company :( .
    Is there anything I can do without having to wait to get an answer back from tech help?
    Thanks
  • bdhblubbdhblub Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    one day my compuer pc 'restarted' and updated but it froze in the middle so I just shut off my laptop and when I turned it back on I lost sims 3. I tryed to re- install it but when it asked for the code, It said it was already used and so I can't re-enter it or re-install the game ???? HELP ME ?!?!?! :(
  • mysph1tmysph1t Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2022
    (Deleted by user)
    Post edited by mysph1t on
  • SetmasterSetmaster Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here.
  • themegatwiggy101themegatwiggy101 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I know this is old but I pre ordered Island Paradise from Origin. Since I have to register it online here before I can get the free content I cant get it because it says it is an invalid product code but its right what origin is telling me!