The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~WrathofCath~ New~ BREE'S BREEZE pg. 36

WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
Okay. I am going to try my hand at this. I will start with my newest home and work backward with some of my favorites.

This home is called: "The Executive". It was designed for those hard working young couples climbing their way up the corporate ladder. It's main function is to make a sim's life as simple and uncomplicated as possible. The interior is artfully designed and the outdoor area is a veritable paradise, with a beautiful waterfall splashing into the swimming pool. There is an outdoor kitchen, hot tub, fire pit overlooking the waterfall, separate garden area for entertaining, and a play area reminiscent of a castle for your little king and queen. All appliances, electronics and plumbing have been upgraded to unbreakable. I forgot to mention that in my upload. :oops:

Exchange Link:

thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7115576

Screenshot-189_zpse0268c09.jpg

Screenshot-132_zps432c58ab.jpg

Screenshot-181_zps9bfb97ef.jpg

Screenshot-178_zps28e3d64c.jpg

Screenshot-160_zps1898c2c6.jpg

Screenshot-16_zpsc7900698.jpg

Screenshot-191_zps45fc5abe-1.jpg

Screenshot-79_zps36b294dd.jpg

Screenshot-136_zpsa0483355.jpg

Screenshot-73_zps3a0482ae.jpg

Screenshot-72_zps0405e075.jpg

Screenshot-46_zpsf8176fe6.jpg

Screenshot-127_zpsc3a5acd9.jpg

Screenshot-109_zps0d79b56f.jpg

Screenshot-55_zpsff626c58.jpg

Screenshot-58_zpsd2ca2128.jpg

Screenshot-52_zps70d04f31.jpg

Screenshot-111_zps2d5b79b6.jpg

Post edited by WrathofCath on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi :mrgreen:

What a lovely house. :thumbup:

Love the pink brick, the playground, and the nice decorating style. :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited March 2013
    Very lovely home! :) Very pretty flower work and the waterfall flowing into the swimming pool looks really great! All the outdoor living and dining and play areas are so well done! It is a great home to spend time relaxing, playing,or eating outdoors in such nice surroundings! Very nicely done furnishing of the interior. The indoor plants/flowers in a vase add nice touches to the rooms. The colours you have used in the loungeroom look good. When Sims first come to the lot, the front entrance would be a lovely sight to see. A very nice home! :)
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 2013
    Very nicely done, Cath! Love all the little details in the interior, and your exterior architecture is great too! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited March 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :mrgreen:

What a lovely house. :thumbup:

Love the pink brick, the playground, and the nice decorating style. :D

Thank you RFlong! I had fun building that one. :D
    edited March 2013
    BryonyRae wrote:
    Very nicely done, Cath! Love all the little details in the interior, and your exterior architecture is great too! :)

Thank you so much Bry! You know I owe a lot of how much more I put into this house because of you and your contest. You were my "inspiration". You made me push myself and see what more I am capable of doing and I thank you for that! :mrgreen:
    edited March 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Very lovely home! :) Very pretty flower work and the waterfall flowing into the swimming pool looks really great! All the outdoor living and dining and play areas are so well done! It is a great home to spend time relaxing, playing,or eating outdoors in such nice surroundings! Very nicely done furnishing of the interior. The indoor plants/flowers in a vase add nice touches to the rooms. The colours you have used in the loungeroom look good. When Sims first come to the lot, the front entrance would be a lovely sight to see. A very nice home! :)

Rose you are so sweet! You always have such nice things to say to everyone. I think you give a lot of encouragement to all the builders, so thank you very much for that! :XD:
    edited August 2014
    This is the link to my latest build "Bernal Heights Modern Mini":

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7131526

Cost: $68,586 furnished and $33,978 unfurnished.

I made this home after the Modern Multi-Level Bernal Heights House in San Francisco. I wish I had thought of it for Nini's Micro Mini contest. I followed the same guidelines for the contest anyway just to see how it would come out. It has 1br and 1ba. The office could be converted to a second br. There's an attached garage currently set up as an art studio/gym to keep costs down. Outside that level is a really cool hot tub with water feature. Second level hosts the bedroom, office and bath. Third level is an open concept living, dining, and kitchen area with a nice balcony for star gazing.

I kept as close as possible to the original design and floor plan. Some things had to be changed due to the tiny lot size. I added the hot tub area for fun and interest. So here are a few pics:

Screenshot-34_zpsf2894e78.jpg

Screenshot-148_zps8d7047c4.jpg

Screenshot-81_zps281c65bf.jpg

Screenshot-25_zpsefce8c35.jpg

Screenshot-78_zps71c0ba0e.jpg

Screenshot-37_zpsae591afc.jpg

Screenshot-124_zps1e811c19.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsf55ac140.jpg

Screenshot-64_zpsd4e6c167.jpg

Screenshot-42_zpsa1aeb9dc.jpg

Here are the links to the real house:

http://pinterest.com/pin/16958936067194044/
    http://inthralld.com/2012/06/modern-multi-level-bernal-heights-house-in-san-francisco/

Hope you think it looks close to the real build! Enjoy!
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Gorgeous! It's simple, elegant and unique. I really like it and I really like that pool for your first house. The second one, again, is a great cozy modern with a "sheik" vibe, so it gets major points from me :lol:

Rec'ing both!
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much danivixen! I don't build many moderns but I just loved that house in San Fran when I saw it, and I had to try my hand at it. It was a really fun build.
  • nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow! All of your houses are absolutely fantastic. I especially love the modern mini :mrgreen:
    edited March 2013
    Thanks Nerdy! I can't wait to hear more of your train tales. They are so funny!
    edited March 2013
    Your house looks great! :) The hot tub with the water feature looks good! It would be very nice sitting out on the balcony on those comfortable seats and just looking at the views! You have really captured well in your building the design of the original house that you based it on! It looks just like it! Good choice and use of artwork for the walls, and the indoors plants and flowers add a nice touch to the home. A great home that captures well the original house!
  • SmCr81SmCr81 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I love your homes. The pink stones, and the colours are all really nice. bookmarking your thread so I can come back to see your lovely creations. :mrgreen:
    edited March 2013
    Hi Rosemow! Thank you so much for your lovely comments. You are such a sweetheart! I really do love that new art work that came with 70's 80's 90's, especially "Audrey". I have a feeling she'll be in a lot of my homes from now on! :D

Thank you SmCr81! I just started this with The Executive, and I will be kind of adding my builds backward unless I make something new. I'd love to have you stop in to check on things! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2014
    This is the link for "Riverwood Cottage":

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7074762

More pics can be found here:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Riverwood%20Cottage?sort=6

I built this for Nini's Micro Mini Contest. I had never done such a tiny build before and I thought it was pretty challenging yet fun. Here are some pics:

Screenshot-49_zpse19aa3a6.jpg

Screenshot-43_zps74366714.jpg

Screenshot-53_zpsbab976eb.jpg

Slide3_zps998c2543.png]

Slide2_zps47283c67.png]

Screenshot-39_zps00a219c2.jpg

Screenshot-56_zpsfa8d81e9.jpg

Slide6_zpse91a1642.png
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yay Cath!! You got a thread, and what a great start. :) Three fabulous homes. :) I love them all. That little cottage is adorable. ;) All caught up on rec's too. :)
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much Nini! I think I'll have to go back and edit a couple of pics with the blue edge, it's from the upload and I forgot to revert to original. :oops: Ah well, I'll get to it sometime, lol!
    edited March 2013
    I saw your cottage on the contest thread and thought that it had such a great exterior design. The fountain/statue/pond feature looks great and the flower garden nearby looks pretty. The interior has a very warm and homely feel with the way you have done the furnishings. The cottage looks lovely in the Wintertime photo. It's a very nice home! :)
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Rosemow! You are always so generous with your lovely comments. :) Thanks for taking the time to have a look!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2013
    That is a cute cottage. Good job. Already recommended. :D
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Yanti! And thanks so much for the Rec!
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Cath! You have such cute builds here! Rec'd them, looks good! :D

~Will
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited March 2013
    You have some VERY gorgeous lots! I love the modern one, you took advantage of the small spaces and made them look not so small! :mrgreen:

Recs for you! :thumbup:
    -DH
    edited March 2013
    Hi Will and Datahead! Thanks for taking a look and for your really nice comments and of course for the Rec's! :-)
    edited August 2014