Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove Ex-Boyfriend/Girlfriend status?

I had my sim break up with Blair and now she want Jacob to be her boyfriend but the option to date him won't come up and the clean slate lifetime reward didn't clear up her relationship with Blair it still says ex-boyfriend. I kept doing friendly interactions with Blair but the option to "just be friends" hasn't come up.

Comments

• smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think (it's been a while, so I can't be positive) that "Just be Friends" is under the "Mean" interactions.
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    edited March 2013
    No, it's definitely under the friendly interactions. Not sure if you have to have the "X Sim thinks Y Sim is being sociable/friendly" thingy first though.
  • perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just Be Friends won't work because they are already broken up. Their relationship will always show as "ex-boyfriend" because that's what they are, but that doesn't affect her ability to date another person. Otherwise, the Heartbreaker lifetime want would be impossible, hehe.

If she can't date Jacob ... are you sure Jacob is single? Are you doing only romantic actions to get "ask to go steady" to show up?
  • KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just Be Friends won't work because they are already broken up. Their relationship will always show as "ex-boyfriend" because that's what they are, but that doesn't affect her ability to date another person.

You CAN ask to "Just Be Friends" with an ex to change the relationship to friends instead of exes. The option is under the mean interactions when you are still romantically involved with the sim. However, once you become exes it shows up in the friendly interactions, but only after the other sim thinks your sim is being friendly with at least three positive interactions.

However, like the poster said, ultimately it shouldn't hinder her ability to go steady with another sim.
  • perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    KSpencer wrote:
    Just Be Friends won't work because they are already broken up. Their relationship will always show as "ex-boyfriend" because that's what they are, but that doesn't affect her ability to date another person.

You CAN ask to "Just Be Friends" with an ex to change the relationship to friends instead of exes. The option is under the mean interactions when you are still romantically involved with the sim. However, once you become exes it shows up in the friendly interactions, but only after the other sim thinks your sim is being friendly with at least three positive interactions.

Ah, good to know - thanks!
  • Lonelyno1Lonelyno1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Be mean to your ex boyfriend/girlfriend until you can declare them as nemesis then just be friends with them after if you want. Hope it helps.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing your workaround Lonelyno1. I'll lock the thread from here seeing as it's a bit of an oldie.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top