Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Jealousy lifetime reward not working

Does the "no jealousy" reward work for the rest of you? I've read that a previous patch was supposed to fix this, and the other threads discussing this on the forum all seem to be at least a year old. I purchased the reward for the first time yesterday, and I've tried it with and without the stonehearted reward in conjunction, and tried it with no mods or custom content. I experimented in Sunset Valley and Bridgeport, all with the same results.

It seems the sim in question can flirt with others and nearby romantic interests won't get jealous, but he'll still be accused of cheating if he's witnessed kissing someone. This is something EA claimed to have fixed back in patch 1.29, but it doesn't work for me:
http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=11&selYear=2011#-1359649085

Am I the only one still having this problem?

On a side note, when this particular male sim (who currently has a Casanova reputation) asks what people say about him, he's told that people are "calling her a Natasha." :rolls eyes: Does it always say that for male sims?

EDIT: I just wanted to add that the sim in question only has romantic interests, no committed relationships.

Comments

• FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2013
    Could anyone tell me if this reward works for them or not?
  • FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2013
    Even a simple yes or no would be great.
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited March 2013
    EA's whole relationship and reputation system is messed up, at least for me. If they have a girlfriend/boyfriend and flirt or whatever with another sim they will be labelled a cheat even with no jealousy, stone-hearted and above reproach LTRs on all sims involved. I've also never successfully had multiple romantic interests without being labelled a cheat eventually either with or without the no jealousy LTR.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2013
    neon_wild wrote:
    EA's whole relationship and reputation system is messed up, at least for me. If they have a girlfriend/boyfriend and flirt or whatever with another sim they will be labelled a cheat even with no jealousy, stone-hearted and above reproach LTRs on all sims involved. I've also never successfully had multiple romantic interests without being labelled a cheat eventually either with or without the no jealousy LTR.

Ditto here! I wanted my Emperor of Evil vampire to have two "vampire brides" and thought I had this all figured out. Gave all three of the trio "no jealousy" "stone hearted" and "above reproach." Had all three of them whoo hoo with each other (yes the two girls too ya 🐸🐸🐸🐸! lol)and left them all as simply romantic interests, no exclusive relationships among them. And yet STILL as soon as one of them was seen kissing the other bythe third, BAM! Accusations and recriminations and it all ended in tears! LOL Soooo disappointing!
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same issue.... My wizard of luv'in.. aka Ferby Franklin (resident nerd) is getting all sorts of negative vibes from all of his romantic interests. He was officially proclaimed a certifiable "dirt bag" and everywhere he goes there are jealous significant others waiting in line to slap him in the face after casting accusations. All he can do now is set them on fire and hope they learn not to mess with the wizard of luv'in.
  • justbriejustbrie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Mine used to work fine and then I got a new computer and reloaded all of my games plus added showtime, university and paradise(in the right order) and now it won't work!

My vampire can no longer stray without her human husband getting mad...so frustrating!
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited July 2013
    'No Jealousy' works in my game.
    But it still needs tweaking I think (I earned the 'Eternaly Faithful' moodlet after having woohooed with 2 different sims).
    I also noticed that sims with the 'Hopeless Romantic' trait will still freak out when they catch rumour of my sim's affair.

I'll never understand how this game works at all lol.
    Some options work for some and not for others. No reasonable explanation why.
    Another example is I've never even seen the option to send a breakup text via phone.
    Why my game decided to skip that part when installing is beyond me. I even tried a Factory Reset to fix this.

EDIT : I just started a new toon, and this time the LTR isn't working. Go figure.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2013
    It does "work". For certain values of work. The other sims don't get jealous. They get mad because your other sim has a reputation for cheating on them.

You can more or less still juggle multiple lovers, and long as the un-involved party is in another room.

And yes, the romantic reputations system is all messed up. Even when you are 90 days old, that girl you flirted with once in High School still counts as a "romantic interest" unless you formally break up with her.
  • RenitaRenita Posts: 2,242 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with neon_wild. I have the 'Above Approach' LTR, and still my sims are catching on that she's showing 'romantic interest' in the other guy, and they should tone it down. She has no relationships, all I want was for her to have a child with one guy, and then a child with the other. So annoying.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've never tried it myself, but supposedly you can tour the theatre with somebody and use the Try for Baby during the tour w/o a romantic relationship.