Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a Create a Recipe tool

my idea for the future is a tool that'll allow us to create food and drink recipes for our games, allowing us to choose the plates and using pre-made meshes and texture to create our own recipes. allowing us to choose our ingredients for it

and with an open for business expansion, it can be used it to create special shops with unique food

Comments

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like it! Not necessarily tied to an ofb type pack although that would work too. But it truly is a shame that here we can grow all of these ingredients and collect the fish etc. but we cannot combine them into new foods that we choose. Perhaps a good expansion pack to fit it in would be a FARM pack, where we could also add other animals/plants that grow meat if they are squeamish about beef or chicken for instance/milk cows and gather eggs, make cheese and butter, that sort of thing. The truth is, I could readily think of at least two or three future expansion packs that could come out and make us all happy happy happy, but I have actually thought along these lines myself on the recipes.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited March 2013
    Huh? I never thought of this. Pretty creative! :thumbup:
  • Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd make more sushi recipes XD

this kind of tool can also encourage competition to create recipes: Fast food, unique Simlish food, food from other cultures, etc.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2013
    I love this idea! I'd make some new dessert recipes like apple pie, banana cream pie, lemon meringue, etc. :) Plus, if you had a good cook in the family it would be a way to give your sim a signature dish. You could even name dishes after sims. Brilliant. :thumbup:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like! :thumbup:

So, you'd have:

* Create a new recipe

* Select type of dish (soup, pasta, salad, etc)

* Select ingredients

* Name dish!

Or something along those lines?

That sounds like it would be quite simple for the devs to do, I think, because it wouldn't require any new interactions, it could just use the existing cooking ones. The dishes are also already there. So, I think all it requires is the coding to give us those choices (maybe on the fridge?) and for it to be saved like a custom book, so that it becomes an actual menu option.

I'll add a link to this in the ideas section of the OFB thread. :wink:
  • Options
    albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I want this, Just thinking about all the Goldfish and Sewer Trilobite recipes I can feed my sims excites me.
  • Options
    Hostility82Hostility82 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited March 2013
    This would be great have custom menus and dishes only you can make, a different spices do different things like make the food spicy or salty, also where you select your favorite food you could simply select whether you like spicy or mild or something along those lines.

Sign my name as a supporter!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great idea!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    and another idea of the ingredients is to include, Nectar and elixirs for the recipes XD
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    Great idea! That made me think of Sims 2 Pets on the DS. You had food in your fridge, and could make anything. You could also cook it yourself, but you had to make sure you didn't burn it or under cook it. Your sim would either A) Like it, and scarf it down, B)Like it and eat it normally, or C) Eat some, and over-dramtically, choke and fall on the ground because it was disgusting.
    But yeah, creating your own recipes would be awesome
  • Options
    jeffisdeafjeffisdeaf Posts: 81
    edited March 2013
    I am sure someone has known this before, but the sims for gamecube did have a "create-a-recipe" sort of tool. It got annoying to always have a screen pop up of ingredients putting together something when there was no option for instant, or pre choosen meals, but as long as it is just an extra thing I may use it.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd definitely enjoy this! That and being able to use spices :D

Sign me up!
  • Options
    tiemurrahtiemurrah Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2013
    oh wow i'd love this SO much!
    i love collecting ingredients and cooking with them, it would be amazing to get to be creative as well.
  • Options
    SqueeeCakesSqueeeCakes Posts: 72 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I love this idea, but I can't see it in the Sims 3. Maybe the Sims 4 would be a better place to put it into. Also maybe you would have to discover recipes using this tool, so to make Ambrosia you have to mix a life fruit and death fish and will say something like
    "After a lot of mixing and patience, your sim has learned to make Ambrosia! It is now in your sim's inventory." That would be way more cool then just magically learning how to make a food once you reach that cooking level. I would make more desserts. We barely have any in this game!
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited March 2013
    yeah they missed a great opportunity to add carrot cake to the game when they added carrots! Not much other use for them other than to eat them by themselves or to give them to the horses.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I love this idea, but I can't see it in the Sims 3. Maybe the Sims 4 would be a better place to put it into. Also maybe you would have to discover recipes using this tool, so to make Ambrosia you have to mix a life fruit and death fish and will say something like
    "After a lot of mixing and patience, your sim has learned to make Ambrosia! It is now in your sim's inventory." That would be way more cool then just magically learning how to make a food once you reach that cooking level. I would make more desserts. We barely have any in this game!

I see a more separate program, like Create a world, or create a pattern
  • Options
    SqueeeCakesSqueeeCakes Posts: 72 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I see a more separate program, like Create a world, or create a pattern
    I had to think about this one for a while. To me Create a world and create a pattern aren't too important to game play, but this tool would be so helpful that you almost need it. After sleeping on it (not really, just coming back to it later) I agreed that it would be a very nice tool. A little off topic but is it just me or is it strange that your sim magically can read certain recipes. Is there a magical invisible key that your sim gets and the book has a hidden lock? I feel crazy for thinking so, but does anyone agree? I wish your sim would have to mix different ingredients and discover foods like I said earlier. Maybe the sim gurus will see this post and make it happen! :)
  • Options
    SimCitySouthSimCitySouth Posts: 339 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hmm. Well, I don't know about this. It's a good idea, but I don't really know how the game producers can pull this off.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hmm. Well, I don't know about this. It's a good idea, but I don't really know how the game producers can pull this off.

I do agree, but the Game Producers have pulled off things that I never thought was possible, such as, the Houseboats they are working on, if they are successful, then they would have pull off and amazing accomplishment. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    but the challenge would be to decide how it has to be prepared for the recipes, and how it is cooked
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2013
    I love this Idea! I have been thinking about something like this too. It would also be great if we could design cakes, pies and desserts with it. Imagine all the beautiful cakes! I am totally supporting this thread!
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited March 2013
    love this idea, though the game developers have already made this for playstation 2 version, called The Sims 2 on PS2, this game already has the create a recipe function, and the results are endless in this game, they (sims) can make pizza, pasta using unusual combinations of food, and it still turns out like it's supposed to.

example:

9t372s.jpg

but this would be ideal for TS3 version or maybe in the next sim game TS4, who knows! I still would love this tool! :)

• Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I like the idea. :thumbup: Especially since they've done it already, I don't know why they haven't for TS3. And being able to sell or have your unique recipes in a restaurant, to make money off of them, and to be recognized for the recipe for its taste and uniqueness would add a lot to the game.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2013
    midnightpearl, that tool looks awesome! I hope they will make it to sims 3. I think that could work with OFB, bakeries and restaurants.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2013
    :D Yes! Yes! I'm totally onboard with this idea. In fact, I thought when I first got the game that we would be able to make our own unique recipes and was very disappointed when I discovered we couldn't. I think it was a rumor - or something I heard about from that PS2 game of Sims2.

I would love to just be able to add some of our fruits, vegetables, and meat that we grow or buy from the market to existing recipes. Like you do with the pancakes, for instance. We could have pumpkin waffles or lobster mac and cheese.

Good idea for an add-on feature. Hope it makes it to the devs.
    Screenshot-5.jpg