Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resolved.

2...Next

Comments

• bbgrad2008bbgrad2008 Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    bbgrad2008 wrote:
    It's kind of hilarious that some of you are so childish to call thoughts people have "disgusting" or "stupid". Maybe say something intelligent, like, "I don't see what you mean, but it's OK to disagree.

Angldior- Your location is "Nut House" so I don't really take anything you say with a grain of salt.

TanyaRubirose- Thanks for letting me know that; I thought maybe that's how it worked, but was sure, so thanks. And thanks for not using the word "stupid." I'll take a look to see if you have a wishlist.

Haha, no. What's hilarious is you swooping in making assumptions. The intelligent thing for YOU to do is to ask questions first. You're actting before you know any information. So, before you go around calling anyone childish and telling them what they should do, you need to check your actions and words first.

Gotta agree with the bolded. Likewise, in my opinion, it's childish to publicly reward those who agree with you by openly stating you'll "gift" the person, via their wishlist, for being nice to you or agreeable. Why advertise that unless you're making a subtle statement which, in my mind, was an underhanded way of showing your "favor" and "disfavor" and a blatant attempt at, well, sucking up. 438_rubbing_chin.gif

I didn't see TanyaRubirose as being "nice." Like many simmers, I didn't read the terms and conditions, so the info she gave me was new and I was thanking her for taking the time to explain it to me, instead of putting me down. Even if she had said, "You're stupid for not reading the terms and conditions; here they are..." I would've still be considerate to her and thanked her for the info. What would be the point of sucking up to anyone? I don't know anyone on here nor do I expect to ever interact with any same people from this thread on other threads. I don't see the point you're trying to make on that.

In life, it doesn't hurt to be polite. I don't remember the last time I called someone "stupid" in an argument. I respect that others choose to use this word or react how they like to to what I posted. Or even that some people can't spell when they are telling me I'm unintelligent.
    edited March 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    Can everyone lay off the OP? Yes, they are wrong, but no need to call their post freaking stupid or ignorant, it's not childish, just rude.

Anyways, I agree that EA is trying to get rid of CC. That Pets patch was disastrous.

I don't mean to suck up, but just thanks. I didn't come on here to offend anyone.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think it is funny how they made Sims 3 to not be able to have CC. What was it? A few hours before Prescado had a CC work around. Simmers are too smart to put those kind of limitations on them. Seriously, there aren't many people willing to play the Sims modless. Then they gave us an easier way to have mods because so many peole were messing up their computers changing program files. Now, they seem resigned to the fact that mods ae not going anywhere so they might as well embrace them. I forgot which EP it was. It was an early one where they made a serious error in the game and they had Prescado's fix linked on their site until they released an emergency patch.
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Honestly, I think EA is very kind about allowing CC to be uploaded, shared on their site at all.

Also can one even patent a hair style? I personally don't think you can but who knows in this crazy world.

I personally think that EA is trying to get rid of CC because from talking to some of my modder/creator friends they said it was alot harder this time around in the sims 3 to mod and create meshes and change coding. I don't think they want it because in a way they lose money cause some people won't buy sps when they think " i can get CC for free and its better looking" But what can they do when the game is complete and people still find a way to work around it

I think that's half true and half false. I do believe that it's much tougher to create CC than previously although I've never ventured into that but I have also read CC creators saying how more difficult it has become.

What I think is half true is: I feel many who can use FREE CC will most likely not support EA's Store, EP's, SP's.

What I think is half false is: Regardless whether CC is free and they use it, there may be some who still buy EP's, SP's and content from The Store. Plus there are some who refuse to use anything that is unofficially not from EA. Besides not everything EA creates is as replicable by the CC creator...I think. Some examples that may or may not make any sense cause I'm just winging it. :lol:

Functional Hot Air Balloon (Although not to the extent many were expecting)

The barrier system PC that comes from the movie theater venue (I read there is something similar by a CC creator but has its limits compared to the one EA has)

So basically the conclusion is: CC/MODS has its limits, now whether that is intentional or not on EA's behalf, I don't know. So therefore, EA's content does come in good use for those that wants it.

Well I for one would be the type to use CC and also buy some of the stuff packs. You have some good points cause I have corssed people who refuse to use CC in fears of ruining your game. But thats just my personal imput on it I'm not saying EA themselves said this I just think that lol
  • KenodoxKenodox Posts: 4 New Member
    edited March 2013
    No offense, but this is kind of ridiculous. You didn't know enough about this topic to rightly post this and try to call out the entire EA company for stealing.

And even now, when it has been shown that you were in the wrong here countless times over, you fall back on the defensive and act like everyone is treating you so 'meanly'. I don't think you have any right to try and claim everyone else is being rude to you when you posted this to talk badly about EA. It seems to me that everyone else is merely defending the actual facts. You were wrong, you have been shown that, the only reason people are being 'rude' is because you act ignorant even still, and are too immature to admit this.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Honestly, I think EA is very kind about allowing CC to be uploaded, shared on their site at all.

I thought it was great when they added the patch that allowed TS3 to start reading the Mods folder. That was a smart move. I hope TS4 eliminates the Launcher altogether, and focuses SOLELY on installation through that folder--it's WAY easier than the convoluted crap EA came up with with that daggone Launcher!
    I personally think that EA is trying to get rid of CC because from talking to some of my modder/creator friends they said it was alot harder this time around in the sims 3 to mod and create meshes and change coding. I don't think they want it because in a way they lose money cause some people won't buy sps when they think " i can get CC for free and its better looking" But what can they do when the game is complete and people still find a way to work around it

I was feeling this majorly when the Pets Patch was released and it broke ALL 3rd Party CC surfaces to hell, and EA didn't say Boo about it.

But I also noticed that the creator base for TS3 is SO much smaller than it was for TS2. It IS harder--I speak from experience :x :cry: -- and it sucks that there aren't as many TS3 creators as there were TS2 ones. :? And the TS3 ones we DO have often retire a lot quicker--they think the game is boring, and they move on to Skyrim. :lol: Honestly--I know at least 10 simmers who said this to me LAST YEAR ALONE. :shock:
    if you want my honest opinion i honestly hope they do kill custom content or update TOS to include that CC creators cant make donation only items / section.
    i have only seen donation only items for sims 3 it just makes me mad. idc how long it takes CC creators to make things they shouldn't be allowed to force payment. look at skyrim you have thousands of mods and mod creators put an optional donate button :/ with sims stuff its not even optional. and if they say it takes time to make them. ive seen some mods that take 1/2 a year or a year to make with just an optional donate so you cant pull that one on me.
    either ea updates the TOS or they kill custom content
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    murfeel wrote:

I thought it was great when they added the patch that allowed TS3 to start reading the Mods folder. That was a smart move. I hope TS4 eliminates the Launcher altogether, and focuses SOLELY on installation through that folder--it's WAY easier than the convoluted crap EA came up with with that daggone Launcher!

I was feeling this majorly when the Pets Patch was released and it broke ALL 3rd Party CC surfaces to hell, and EA didn't say Boo about it.

But I also noticed that the creator base for TS3 is SO much smaller than it was for TS2. It IS harder--I speak from experience :x :cry: -- and it sucks that there aren't as many TS3 creators as there were TS2 ones. :? And the TS3 ones we DO have often retire a lot quicker--they think the game is boring, and they move on to Skyrim. :lol: Honestly--I know at least 10 simmers who said this to me LAST YEAR ALONE. :shock:
    if you want my honest opinion i honestly hope they do kill custom content or update TOS to include that CC creators cant make donation only items / section.
    i have only seen donation only items for sims 3 it just makes me mad. idc how long it takes CC creators to make things they shouldn't be allowed to force payment. look at skyrim you have thousands of mods and mod creators put an optional donate button :/ with sims stuff its not even optional. and if they say it takes time to make them. ive seen some mods that take 1/2 a year or a year to make with just an optional donate so you cant pull that one on me.
    either ea updates the TOS or they kill custom content

EA doesn't associate themselves with 3rd party mods or CC Hell twallan could probably charge us if he wanted to(thank stars he doens't ) But I'm just saying statement from EA Custom Content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely. source http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3855398.page

In other words EA really wants nothing to do with it which goes back my theory of them trying to come out with ways to make it harder for modders nad creators to make things
    edited March 2013
    Kenodox wrote:
    No offense, but this is kind of ridiculous. You didn't know enough about this topic to rightly post this and try to call out the entire EA company for stealing.

And even now, when it has been shown that you were in the wrong here countless times over, you fall back on the defensive and act like everyone is treating you so 'meanly'. I don't think you have any right to try and claim everyone else is being rude to you when you posted this to talk badly about EA. It seems to me that everyone else is merely defending the actual facts. You were wrong, you have been shown that, the only reason people are being 'rude' is because you act ignorant even still, and are too immature to admit this.

I'm not too immature to admit anything. I thought me thanking a fellow simmer for letting me know the terms and conditions was enough. Thought most people would take that as me misunderstanding how things were set up. Didn't know me apologizing or not ruined so many people's lives. I have a life outside of this forum, so sorry that I've been going to school and taking care of my daughter, and not apologizing. I'm sure your life will go on without me literally saying sorry. Please read all posts and don't be so literal with life. Thanks.

This is my last post on this because my life has gone on since yesterday. Sorry so many of you have lives revolving around people being "wrong" and "right", and not excepting that people make mistakes. It's human nature, and I'm only human.