Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Being able to delete content INSIDE the game

I don't know about you but, aren't you sick of having to search through the launcher and mods folder to find the 1 piece of content you want to delete?! and 9 times out of 10 I can't find the file I was looking for. I have so much content I would like to get rid of but can never find the corresponding file in the launcher because the picture or the name is different. So please, please, I'm begging allow me to delete custom content inside the game so I don't have the frustrating moments anymore....

Comments

• SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2012
    I do agree this would make things easier to find and delete. It would also make it easier to accidently delete things you didn't necessarily mean to and could cause problems with the game.

• SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree I would love this feature (:
  • MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited August 2012
    You realize after deleting those said content, you'll have to restart the game anyway, right?
  • piccprincesspiccprincess Posts: 650 Member
    edited August 2012
    You realize after deleting those said content, you'll have to restart the game anyway, right?

This would be fine with me.
  • TtnFn04TtnFn04 Posts: 1,727 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know about you but, aren't you sick of having to search through the launcher and mods folder to find the 1 piece of content you want to delete?! and 9 times out of 10 I can't find the file I was looking for. I have so much content I would like to get rid of but can never find the corresponding file in the launcher because the picture or the name is different. So please, please, I'm begging allow me to delete custom content inside the game so I don't have the frustrating moments anymore....

Last year or so some guy made a thread very similar to this. A bunch of fan girls/boys posted stuff such as: it's not EA's fault that you downloaded CC, therefore EA should not be expected to implement such a system as this... even if Sims 2 had a way to delete cc WITHIN the game (and it did).

Just thought I'd mention that. Personally, I've always wished EA had an in-game CC deleter.
  • fordtruckluverfordtruckluver Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2013
    That I did not know, of course I don't follow these forums very often. I usually come here when I have an issue and end up posting while in the middle of searching. :lol:
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited March 2013
    when I created a thread like this, I was attacked by an army of anti-CC people. Yes we need that feature! it will make the CC using community happy. c'mon ea,you know there are players who cant play without CC.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2013
    TtnFn04 wrote:

Last year or so some guy made a thread very similar to this. A bunch of fan girls/boys posted stuff such as: it's not EA's fault that you downloaded CC, therefore EA should not be expected to implement such a system as this... even if Sims 2 had a way to delete cc WITHIN the game (and it did).

Just thought I'd mention that. Personally, I've always wished EA had an in-game CC deleter.

While that's true, what else that seems true is this: If it weren't for CC/MODS, I doubt TS series would be as popular as it is. Get rid of the CC/MODS would most likely take at least half if not more of the players along with it...leaving TS3 with not much success, in my opinion. I think the majority uses CC/MODS and it is the minority who do not.

Therefore since CC/MODS seems to help a great deal with the success of TS series, it wouldn't hurt to cater to those players who use CC/MODS since I think they are the majority of the players anyway.

So I agree with the OP, It would be very useful.

And you, TtnFn04, bring up an interesting point that I never knew.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, there have been a few pieces of really BAD dangerous custom content that has gotten installed in my game that has messed with it severely, and while I would recognize said thing in CAS I could not find it for the longest time in my downloads folder. I went months with weird looking toddlers because the townie ones invariably grew up in the shirt, and then there was the stick babies... Sims 2 had it, EA HAS to know by now, that if it wasn't for the custom content/mods people, the sims franchise would have sunk a LONG LONG LONG time ago! So why didn't they include it in sims 3? It would have made my world a whole lot simpler!
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited March 2013
    Did we have to in TS2? I think we could delete objects without having to restart.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Did we have to in TS2? I think we could delete objects without having to restart.

IIrc- we could delete the skins but not the meshes. They wouldn't show in the game but the base mesh would still be in the downloads folder- in TS2. :)

(if you had one hair style but 5 colors, deleting one color wouldn't delete all of them- the mesh and other skins were still there) :)
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've gotten cc in my game just from using the exchange, and at times I was assured that the download was cc free, when it really wasn't. Even if it was an honest mistake, it still puts my game at risk. Especially if it's one of those things that latches onto everything!
  • rachaelstar7123rachaelstar7123 Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    I would love this feature. I wouldn't care if we had to restart the game.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited March 2013
    we need this so bad, its not even funny.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited March 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    we need this so bad, its not even funny.
    Are you sure it isn't funny? :lol:
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited March 2013
    I would love this. When we had this in Sims 2 it worked for me very well. There are things I would love to delete that is not CC, its EA things I never use and is just taking up space and causes conflict with other EA items. I would love to be able to delete some of their patterns I never use. The thing is if its EA store bought items and you delete it by mistake, you can always re download it.

If EA doesn't want us to have CC, then they should pay attention to what CC is attracting the players. I no one thing that is attracting players it the fact there is some beautiful items out there that are free and don't cause conflicts. People are attracted to that since we/I have already spent a fortune on EP's and SP's and store items that we/I want, plus end up with things never used when you buy a set. Some of the items in these premium sets I never use and would love to delete but can't.

Just my opinion on the matter.

• AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2013
    I would LOVE this! I would want to be able to remove both CC AND EA items that I never use. This would be FANTASTIC!
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2013
    We could get a pop-up that said "The [insert deleted item(s) here] will be completely removed after your game is restarted. Would you like to restart now or later?" :)