Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traveling to the future and..back? We want to hear more from you!

Comments

• CatherineannejaneCatherineannejane Posts: 15
    edited March 2013
    I know this has nothing to do with the future ep! But please for so many simmers across the world...

BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!

Like from sims 2. It'll add so much for people who like story telling!

Thank you :)
    edited March 2013
    I know this has nothing to do with the future ep! But please for so many simmers across the world...

BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!

edited March 2013

BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!
    BRING BACK CRUSHES!!!!

• 4eee54eee5 Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2013
    A time traveler has landed on your lot and tells you about a future world! This world exists a couple of generations into the future and is significantly different from present day worlds.
    1. If your Sim could change the future from the present, which of the following effects are most interesting? Elaborate on these ideas:
    o The future town is taken over by Bots.

This could be interesting. Maybe you should start doing thing without electronics or if you have a really high inventing skill you should build a machine to stop the bots otherwise sims would be enslaved by them. Sims would have to work as maids, robotsitters,(for little robots :)) repairman/women, ect and sims will only be paid in horrible/wonderful tasting meals depending on the job and how nice the bots are :twisted: but if they don't do their job or the bots just don't like them the robots can electrocute them and possible kill them
    o The sky has changed to a bizarre color.

This could happen because of pollution. If your sim never cleans up or litters. the air and water would get more and more polluted which would cause sims to get sick and die easier. food could be harder to find and more expensive. some sims might have to go days without eating swimming would be dangerous do to water pollution which could cause skin burning. Sims would have to wear masks to breathe and can only go outside at night or else they'll burn up do to no protection from the sun
    o The way Sims look, act or walk.

For this i imagine their clothes to have lights that change colors depending on their mood or the event for example they turn yellow if they're happy or their favorite color if they're getting married ect. Maybe sims could jump in the tv and interact with the characters and maybe bring one back. If robots don't take over then robots could be maids, babysitters, ect. Maybe if your sim designs clothes or marries another being ghost, alien, plantsim, ect this would happen in the furture
    2. How do you think present day relationships between Sims will affect their future descendants?

if two sims are enemies their their children will try to destroy your kids lives by stealing their boyfriend/girlfriend maybe even murder them (too violent perhaps just a thought). They could destroy your sims garden, friendships ect maybe even get your sim fired. they could poison your food. they could find away to have your taken away. your enemies could prevent you from achieving your LTW if you're friends with someone their children could help yours find a boyfriend/girlfriend. they could warn when your enemies are coming or did something. they could help you get promoted, job offers, ect your friends could help you achieve your LTW
    3. What kind of things would you expect your Sims to do in the present, to affect change in the future?

gaining friends/enemies, littering or cleaning up, marrying ghosts, genie, aliens, ect. having kids, building, designing outfits,
    4. How would the future world visually change based on your actions in the present?

If you litter the world would be dull and lifeless. Designing would make the world full of color. build things and the world would be high tech
  • amyrosewinksamyrosewinks Posts: 76 New Member
    edited March 2013

A time traveler has landed on your lot and tells you about a future world! This world exists a couple of generations into the future and is significantly different from present day worlds.

1. If your Sim could change the future from the present, which of the following effects are most interesting? Elaborate on these ideas:
    o Your Descendants are fading from existence.
    o Your Descendants have instantly gone from poverty to riches.
    o The names of buildings in the future have been changed.

2. How do you think present day relationships between Sims will affect their future descendants?

3. What kind of things would you expect your Sims to do in the present, to affect change in the future?

4. How would the future world visually change based on your actions in the present?

Sorry SimGuruSNelson but this sounds like instructions for a creative writing assignment in English lol, just the way its set out. Anyways a timetravel themed EP sounds awesome, I would def buy it.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2013
    ^ :lol::lol::lol:
  • Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited March 2013
    the only thing i want for this EP is a sense of progression like Simcity
  • greekgirl30greekgirl30 Posts: 41
    edited March 2013
    I think it would be the way your sims look or act. Also it would be cool to have a bot invasion. It would be amazing if you went into the future and llamas ruled the world. What about traveling to different planets-almost like worlds that you can explore. I know it doesn't really follow into the time travel expansion pack but think about it. What would blow my MIND is if the world looked totally different and all the houses were different. If I went into the future I would expect to see gadgets that weren't there before and new clothing, hair, interactions, etc.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is this object from ''University life'' a hint from this expansion. :)

8522816833_d43e8de71d_o.png
  • benboy200benboy200 Posts: 220
    edited March 2013
    I say that in this EP there should be adventures. The adventures would be able to go from the future to the past to past and future university and the future, past world adventure worlds. Making for epic storytelling, game play, and adventures.
    edited March 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Is this object from ''University life'' a hint from this expansion. :)

8522816833_d43e8de71d_o.png

The blue and green makes me think of some sort of importance between water and earth. :shock:
  • norahmargaret_bnorahmargaret_b Posts: 9
    edited March 2013

1. I think these two are the most interesting, because I think they'd have the most interesting effects on gameplay.
    o The way Sims look, act or walk - maybe they could be able to fly in the future? Or people had gotten so lazy in the future that no one could walk and everyone was in a wheelchair.

How good they are to others could affect the way their offspring are viewed by other Sims.

Eco-friendliness, social interactions (kindness to others could affect how offspring are viewed)

Maybe it could be a lot less green or a lot more green depending on how eco-friendly your Sims are. So more trees/grass/flowers vs. fewer of them.
  • kshb2kshb2 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It's really strange what some people think of when they're told to think of the "future" - hover cars exist now, they just can't think of a way to make them desirable to (and priced for) the public yet - it skims over I think four inches of air.
    Basically, if I were to think of the future, I think of all my Sim's actions and compound them. If she's a gardener, the town's over populated with edible plants, everyone's well fed. If she's an angler, none of the waters have fish in them. If she's the one I made the fertility and (will make) grandparent achievements with, no one in town doesn't have her name and inbreeding flaws are everywhere. If she was a recluse who only filled her social meter by chatting on the computer, and fixed her stir crazy by taking a jog to the beach behind her house, in the future no one's ever heard of her, her property's been taken over by squatters, the grass is six feet tall... If she were the Legacy family I started with, where she was leader of the free world and her ex-husband was the emperor of evil... well, everyone's heard of them, their fall out, the resultant bloodbath between law enforcement officers and outlaws. Strangely though, their kids were less memorable.
    Like I said, compounded. It might be impossible to make a unique outcome for every action in a day, much less the lifetime of a given Sim Household. What if the future were instead based on the character sheet - the gender and species, the zodiac, favorites, traits, and lifetime goal? Suppose a Sim could dial an "if" into their future predictor and see what their town would look like "if such and such happened" (if I married George, if I rose to the top of my career, if I continue shunning folks, if I had been voted Prom King, etc.) This could even be explained away like a trip from World Adventures by using a simple "Dream About" function on an adult.
  • JudzJudz Posts: 31 New Member
    edited March 2013

I really don't care for the idea of my sims descendants. I would love to see more Bots, though. I also thought it would be cool to have Half sims/bots.

Perhaps if a sim has reached level 10 in a career, then the future bases most of the work in that career off of you.

World war if you're an evil sim and peace if you're not?
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like this idea for an expansion.
    I think it'll be fun to play in a sci-fi environment.
    The Sims just wasn't the plateform to do so until now :)

But I think having a visitor from the future knocking on our door to introduce us to the expansion is lame. Remember that guy on youtube who told the world he traveled through time via his dishwasher? I think it would be funny to make that part of the game. Just add an ultra modern dishwasher to the buy options, and voila, a time machine is born.

The sky has changed to a bizarre color.

Make it rain soap bubbles.

How would the future world visually change based on your actions in the present?

Add colored dishwashing liquid to change the color of the sky. lol!

But seriously, I think EA is heading in a good direction with this ep.
    I love the idea of having bots ruling over the cities. I would make the sims be slaves, homogenised, living in slums. Slaving for the bots, they would be rewarded with enhanced limbs. The only way to earn their freedom would be to become a cyborg.

So I guess I'd go for an apocalyptic scenario, and have my sim work hard at becoming free, rich, and enhanced.

http://mylionsden.blogspot.ca/2007/04/story-of-hkan-nordkvist-time-traveller.html
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2013
    kshb2 wrote:
    It's really strange what some people think of when they're told to think of the "future" - hover cars exist now, they just can't think of a way to make them desirable to (and priced for) the public yet - it skims over I think four inches of air.

Hover cars have been maybe THE hallmark of the future for almost 100 years. Ever since flight was first invented we've all wanted wings, and that personalized flying experience. So I guess that's why every time a futuristic movie comes out there's GOTTA be at least one scene with some highspeed hovercar chase--it's in the contract clause somewhere; here's a magnifying glass to read the fine print better. :lol:
    kshb2 wrote:
    If she was a recluse who only filled her social meter by chatting on the computer, and fixed her stir crazy by taking a jog to the beach behind her house, in the future no one's ever heard of her, her property's been taken over by squatters, the grass is six feet tall... If she were the Legacy family I started with, where she was leader of the free world and her ex-husband was the emperor of evil... well, everyone's heard of them, their fall out, the resultant bloodbath between law enforcement officers and outlaws. Strangely though, their kids were less memorable.

:lol: I agree. My sims are the most hermit homebodies in SimNation--they only ever leave their homes to travel to the 3 WA worlds, then come back home and grow roots in their bums. :mrgreen:

Argument for Premade Future Worlds/Subhoods and Descendants/
    kshb2 wrote:
    Like I said, compounded. It might be impossible to make a unique outcome for every action in a day, much less the lifetime of a given Sim Household. What if the future were instead based on the character sheet - the gender and species, the zodiac, favorites, traits, and lifetime goal?

I agree--there must be some sort of warning code the game will use to predetermine what kind of descendants our sims would have.

This is why I want just premade subhoods for The Future ('Good Ending' Futureshock, 'Medium Ending' Atomic Age, and 'Bad Ending' Dystopia, maybe ;) ).
    We get a new option/cheat AND object/skill/career that enables time travel. So we can either unlock the subhoods for ourselves by typing in some cheat or clicking some button in Options so the 3 world logos appear at the top of the screen the way the 3 WA worlds do, and then the sim can just travel straightaway, AND we can also go the long way around by discovering some new object or hidden reward or creation or whatever.

The descendants for each base game family would already be in each of the 3 Future worlds when you get there.

But based on the Future's type (Good, Middle, Bad) that would determine HOW the descendant is living, if they're even present there at all.... We could have maybe a National Archives community lot or option at the futurized City Hall (like the Jedi Hall of Archives in Coruscant (I think)!) where sims could Trace Their Lineage and an extended family tree would open up where they'd learn who their base game point of origin is. Surprises would ensue if their family names are different and you learn Omg! The Landgraabs and the Altos eventually made up and these are their descendants, the Tenors! :lol: Or other surprises: Omg! What the FUDGE is Don Lothario (from Riverview) doing here!? WHY is this guy STILL alive!? Or better yet.... THERE'S BELLA! :shock: WHAT!?

I'm thinking about the Altos vs the Landgraabs a LOT. Naturally, if the Future favors the Altos (a low moral industrially-focused big boom family fond of Bridgeport urban-ness) vs the Landgraabs (typical rich folk traditionalists), the Future would probably be more Atomic Age or even Dystopia, rather than the Futureshock I bet the Landgraabs would create.

In Lunar Lakes the Altos have a premade descendant, Trenton. The money seems to be all but gone now, and he's a snob, but he isn't evil. LL seems like the typical/middle ground of how the Altos ended up. They used up their money or spent it unwisely. But what if they HADN'T done that?

Think of Holly Alto (the Altos' nice daughter in SV who's friends with the Landgraabs). If you play Holly in SV and make her continue to live a good life, her Future could possibly wind up with some sort of evidence of a merger/marriage with the Landgraabs and seeing their businesses and descandants in Futureshock. She's a Vegan in SV, and her descendants in Futureshock are cultivating rare plants in her honour, living Green lives and making breakthroughs in horticulture and biology sciences. Everyone's happy and learning ways to live even Greener (there's always dissention in the ranks, however ;) ).

Play the game sadistically however, and she could turn to the dark side. In the console she's actually a rich b****!! She married some guy named Don, who took her last name. (Read brief theories about Don Alto vs Don Lothario here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Alto ). Their motto is "Rich, Rich, Rich!" So taking that vein, in a Bad Future you could learn that Holly ran afoul of some mysterious golddigging scoundrel during an ill-advised trip to Riverview, who married her for her inheritance, and together they took over the family business and turned SV into a nuclear waste dump of a place with the glories of urbanization and industrialism, where their descendants are proably at 'war' with the surviving Landgraabs who are trying to preserve endangered natural resources who dream of a better future (hint hint--play them, and their actions should THEY travel to the Future could bounce you to Futureshock!).

I like having a Middle Ground world option (Atomic Age--rocket science, radiation breakthroughs, etc) because sometimes it's not all good or all bad, and with One wrong/right move the balance can be tipped in either direction.

The middle direction can have the Altos veer in a completely different direction. Holly, you learn, has ended up running away to live somewhere else where she became a frikkin starving artist (she has the Artistic trait) and married some grungey dude and their kids are just average joes in the future trying to make ends meet. They're not named Altos, of course, and you only learn they're descendnts when you check their lineage. Meanwhile, Bert Alto (the loanshark gangster from Hidden Springs) ended up with some cartel and returned to SV to have it out with Nick Alto, took over the family business, and his descendants are the ones in charge now, not Nick and Vita's. The Vanderbergs make a comeback. Remember how Sofia (from LL) & her ancestor Francisca (HS) were the freethinkers who ran away from their royal ties to live as average sims? But Sebastian was being pressured to marry well? And how Bert and the Vanderbergs got along well in HS? Maybe Bert had a daughter and married her of to Sebastian and their descendants in Atomic Age are the reps of the Vanderbergs, also working under the umbrella of Alto Inc, or maybe suffering from that freethinker trait and are starting to break away?... ;)

Get what I'm saying? :( :?

And another thing:
    TIME TRAVEL PATHS

I don't think EA should handle Future World options with a linear path, where you can ONLY travel from the base world to the future and back.

linearNO.jpg

I don't even think it should be a circle, where you start from the base world to a BAD world, then you work your sims towards progress and it gets a little better (unlocking a Medium world), until they master everything and finally unlock the BEST future.

circleNO.jpg

I think we should be able to start anywhere we want, and go anywhere!

doubletriangle.jpg

This lends to the BEST replay value, as you can have your sims start off one way, improve/worsen their lives, then completely turn the tables and have them either back at sqare one or somewhere else entirely, all based on what your townies/households are up to at a given point.

Plus, we should be able to START A NEW GAME IN FUTURE WORLDS, too.

So anyway, in essense I think EA should already have the premades for every future available from the offset.

As to what happens to our OWN sims, however, I think that's a whole other can of worms. As we'd be the ones creating our sims and probably having them have no lineage (if we're not doing legacies), or an already enormous lineage (if we're legacy players) I think EA's got a job on their hands trying to program the AI to determine FOR us via some sort of Story Progression x1000 how our sims' lines would end up--based on things like household funds, goals, lifetime wishes, traits and such. I really think the game should just randomly bunch up our sims' genes to auto-generate a descendant, and with the help of maybe new options made available it would determine if our sim has lived a Good/Medium/Bad life in favor of whatever advancements or lack thereof is made arond them -- sims of OURS should have descendants that are literally Products of their Environments.

I think. :XD:
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2013

A) The future town is taken over by Bots.- I loved the robot factory idea on this forum and the making of different bots. Robots have taken over because sims wanted to have fun instead of having kids. :shock:

B)The sky has changed to a bizarre color.- Sky is black clouds in a light grey sky. There were not enough sims who recycled, so then it changes to a sky world like the one listed on here from HollownessDevour and we build in the sky to get away from the ground polution. I saw where this could be a problem with the balloons, so maybe all of the houses are built in the air with ladders/steps going up to them looking like the sky world. Also, tree houses as a new house form(just like boats) could be added as well in the sky world and people would live in the treehouses. Basically a fat tree with a box type that can be added onto going up. That sky world looks too awsome to pass by. Hoping you build it either with this or something else. Plus, closer to the robot factory, it could look spooky and more steampunk for all of those fans, since that would fit in with robots.
    :D:mrgreen: :shock: :P 8)

C) The way Sims look, act or walk.- hybrids such as half simbot/half sim- cyborg would be the perfect lifeform for this EP, since we already have simbots. There could be only the most influential families such as the Landgrabbs, Altos and just one or two more(perhaps a popular family from the Sims 1 or 2 who I don't know about) and then the rest is populated by simbots and cyborgs. :mrgreen:

2. How do you think present day relationships between Sims will affect their future descendants? Like people today, sims from the future don't want as many kids and only have one or none. Activist sims protest against this since if the one child dies, then the family legacy is erased forever. :D

3. What kind of things would you expect your Sims to do in the present, to affect change in the future? They would encourage more recycling and having more children to further the family line.

4. How would the future world visually change based on your actions in the present? If there were more people/children then the simbots wouldn't have taken over. More kids means less taking over of simbots in the future. Also, since cyborgs/simbots don't really care about beauty, non growing/fruit/veggies plants that are used just for deco is missing. Perhaps a robot flower. No paintings. Metallic and Coppery surfaces and rusty looking surfaces for dirty places near simbot factory, with some steampunk just outside of it, and only a small neighborhood with greenery off to the side, which contains the few surviving families.

No cars or roads except for the stray families. Simbots and rich families have hover cars/small spaceships. Hoverboards for riding instead of bikes. Plus steps/stairways like in the sky city. :mrgreen:
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Have you actually considered fixing the Criminal career paths first? Like the fact that you get to level 6 in either of the Criminal career paths and on Wednesday, when you are supposed to get the day off, the game says go to work, and you get stuck at work till you die unless you force your sim out of the building - sometimes having to use "resetsim"? And if you DON'T go to work, your work performance tanks and all your co-workers and your boss hate you? And at level 8, when you ARE supposed to go to work on -I think it's a Friday - you get the "it's not your work hours" message? Very annoying that this has been going on since the base game. How about you guys fix that BEFORE doing another expansion.

Also, it would be nice if you fixed the fact that NO university majors pump up Education AT ALL. No starting at level 4 in Education with ANY major, no special traits that actually benefit going into Education as a career. Education doesn't even have it's own Lifetime Wish. I think I'll be far more receptive to any new expansion ideas AFTER these things are fixed.

Before anyone castigates me for mentioning it here - well it's been mentioned AD NAUSEUM for YEARS ... with no response from the devs at all. Not even a passing nod to ignoring it. SO -- since the devs might POSSIBLY be reading this one - there ya go.

Fix Criminal and Education and MAYBE I might like a time travel expansion IF I can turn off all technology, get an actual type writer and a note book for my sims to manually write things down in.

God Bless,
    mik
  • 4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to be realistic here since it would definitely be too much trouble for the game devs to make a fairytale EP where everything is different from the plain old TS3. So no talking pets, no gooey aliens and no intergalactic travel, or anything like that.

o Your Descendants are fading from existence.

Reading the points you listed I think it's a great idea, and I'm going to explain how it could work. So lets assume that a sim travels from the future to the present and tells my sim that the sims of the future are dying of massive air pollution/water contamination/self inflicted disease. He also says that the sims of the present have an opportunity to change it if they change their lifestyle and work together. Then my sim would have to pass on the message and start finding allies to help save the simplanet :D There would also be some "bad guys" to fight against, mad scientists and their supporters or something. So the aim is to gather as many followers as possible and beat the scientists. But it wouldn't be as simple as that because every now and then the scientists would think of something else to do and then the cycle repeats. So it wouldn't get boring.

I also like the Bot thing, it could be because the scientists wanted to create an AI to help the sims but took it too far and now thy can't control it.

Like I said, there would be two sides fighting each other. Sims on one side will also need to have good relationships with each other so that some of them wouldn't join the bad guys instead.

For starters they would hold meetings and protests, and sabotage the evil plans of the other side. They could also change sides and play as the enemies, which, in the end, would result in the extinction of the sims I guess. To help save the sims they could also plant new plants, rescue animals, recycle more, etc.

If my sims manage to save the future, it would look something like the present, only more high-tech. If not, it would be like a post-apocalyptic wasteland, similar to the swamps in Twinbrook.

This is just what I came up with after reading the first post, but I think it would be neat. I don't think we should be able to start a new game in the future world, it should remain a sub neighbourhood like WA worlds or Uni. This way sims could visit it for a few days and see what consequenses their actions have had.
  • tiemurrahtiemurrah Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2013
    travelling to the future isn't really an idea i get excited about, compared to something like exploring island or getting farm animals or something, but i want to have my say!

1. the town being taken over by bots, or my descendants fading away are the most interesting to me. to me these are significant outcomes and i'd be very interested in trying to improve the future of my family or prevent/fight against bots taking the town over. the way sims act being different would also be interesting. it would be cool to interact with future sims in a different way than to normal sims and would make the idea of it being the future feel more solid.
    i don't really care about the colour of the sky or the names of buildings, and my descendants going from poverty to riches? Omg did they teach their dog to hunt too?? not interesting. more interesting would be finding out they've somehow squandered the millions i built up for them.

2. really i don't think they would be affected by current time relationships significantly. but it would be cool if they were. i'd enjoy things like friendly, rivalry, or enemy relationships between my family and other families to be continued and have positive/negative effects on my descendants.

3. i'd expect my sims to affect the future by their more significant deeds. i'd expect the lots i invested in (or didn't) to change the focus or atmosphere of my town, like if i bought parks and beaches etc and upgraded them a lot i would end up with a nice eco friendly town in the future, while if i focused on business and entertainment i would end up with a more dirty, city-like town. it would be cool if major career acheivements could affect the future too, such as a lot of scientific research resulting in future technologies. i'd also like protesting to have some future effect.

4. i think i've already described this, but anyway. i think there would be more of certain types of lots based on my actions, and they would look different. the landscape might become greener or deader looking and have more or less trees. the water might get polluted or it might clear up.
  • Vasculio294Vasculio294 Posts: 738 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just want to go on record again say i think Androids or Cyborgs would be a awsome occult addition
    edited March 2013
    I concur.
  • Lioncub190Lioncub190 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Just an idea:
    I think that there should be multiple future options that are based on your sim's decisions in the present. There should be two basic categories: A 'Bad' or 'Good' future. These futures would be stemmed off of the basic ones (But pre-made of course). If a bad future is chosen, your sim should have the opportunity to change it.

1. All of these ideas sound really interesting. I think these ideas should all be incorporated. But, honestly, having the future town be taken over by robots is a bit over-used. It would be funnier if the town would be taken over by rhinos or elephants or something completely bizarre (Still would be pretty cool if it was taken over by robots, though :P).

2. Becoming enemies with other sims could cause future generations to maybe date/marry each other against the wishes of their family (Like Romeo and Juliet) and maybe the sim could realize the differences between them and his/her enemy and make things right again (in the present).

3. I think that if, for instance, robots took over the town, you should be able to have opportunities to prevent the 'Bad' future from happening. If successful, You should be able to visit the future again to see if it has changed for the better.

4. If your sim is involved in the science career, technology could be greatly improved in the 'Good' future. If employed in politics, your sim might end up being mayor! If your sim is lazy and/or unemployed and doesn't contribute to the town, the future may be 'Bad' and may cause bad things to happen in the future town (But always have the opportunity to change it later).
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited March 2013
    If there is a past, i suggest a cowboy town or something like the Victorian era with elegant dresses and top hats

I'm glad I finally found someone who would like to see a western town theme. I would really love to see the wild west and what the frontier could bring to The Sims franchise. There are so many aspects of life there and activities that would be fun to explore. As far as the future goes, I could really be very excited, if I understood what exactly it meant. If it's just a new look, like Lunar Lakes, which I love, I guess that would be cool. We have already been there and done that, I guess. Not that I wouldn't eagerly welcome some new content for a Lunar Lakes type feel. I surmise that by "future" you mean more of a time travel affect. I would assume that you could meet your own Sim and see how they turn out? I don't know. It's hard to give ideas, when all I have is a blank canvas. Perhaps if I had a little tidbit to show where you are thinking of going with this, it might put me in the proper frame of mind to imagine.
  • Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps, in addition to the futures you have set up, you could allow the players to custom make their own times, naming that time something, and setting what the dominate and secondary transportation is in that time? Setting up a folder of the allowable dress options that are available for everyone in that town (causing the system to only pick from among those options), and allowable technology in buy mode. (it would be weird to have a modern fridge in a house of the future which can generate food from the atoms in the air around the house, for example. It might be weird to have set up a time as the roaring twenties and have computers or tvs available, for example. Also, the clothing options section would keep from having someone show up in a miniskirt in the 1900s. Or if you set up a space cowboy future, it would keep someone from showing up in the 70's clothes. One of the things this would do would be to cut down on the time people spend sorting through the many many many choices that we've built up over many different expansions, and also keeping the computer generated townies from spawning with the wrong type of clothes for the time. Also, this would enable some of us that are playing the game for some escapism to not have to be looking at the real world problems in our escapism. That way, I could set up my own Bollywood space pirates by mixing and matching the choices. Or, crazy past worlds where people are running around in stage coaches and 90's clothes, but listening to old time radios for entertainment. That sort of mixing and matching sort of thing. And as you release more sets of different times, like the Versailles set, and the roaring twenties stuff, and so forth, we could get good use out of them. Also, that might help you sell it to people who are trying to make the past too, but the distant past, and ignoring any sorts of paradoxes with their ancestors. But that way, there is still more to play with after the other runs through the future are done. (supposing that for whatever reason, you can't make the future always in flux).

I'm still hoping you do something like a time lock, that lets a person be rescued from the future and brought home, independent of whatever happens to their timeline. I like being able to get exotic wives or husbands for my family, and what is more exotic than from a different timeline?