Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why was Education ignored for University?

I was just wondering why Education isn't a career that can be benefited from a University education? OR did I miss it? Perhaps it was supposed to be on the Communication major's list?

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited March 2013
    It's one of the few major annoyances I have with this EP.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited March 2013
    Education has always been a little-cared about extra to EA. It doesnt have a lifetime wish attached to it, and I wouldnt be surprised if theres also no achievements tied to it.

The fact that PE affects a single job is kind of annoying too.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • FrbrdPhnx1FrbrdPhnx1 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That is a bummer
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Too bad the Devs don't have an answer for this.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2013
    I really wish that all carear from all EP's would benifit from a major.... I hope they will patch it.

I understand why the self employed allways start at level 1.... but still it could affect their payment.

even selling art you could get a higer pay for it if you have a art major.

why did they choos some carers from EP's and not otheres I don't get.
    so please EA let all carers be affected by 1 or more majors.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I really wish that all carear from all EP's would benifit from a major.... I hope they will patch it.

I understand why the self employed allways start at level 1.... but still it could affect their payment.

I'm with you on this. I have one Sim who before she went to college was an architectural designer, level 3. Surely she could have benefited from increased wages along with her skills, and increased progress in her career. Maybe I might change her LTW because that's what it is.

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think Education was ignored because it's part of Generations, and in general Generations has been ignored for the same reason WA was for awhile.
    edited March 2013
    I think Education was ignored because it's part of Generations, and in general Generations has been ignored for the same reason WA was for awhile.

Education is older than generation... I belive it is from ambitions...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:

Yep it is from Ambitions.

edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:

I'm with you on this. I have one Sim who before she went to college was an architectural designer, level 3. Surely she could have benefited from increased wages along with her skills, and increased progress in her career. Maybe I might change her LTW because that's what it is.

yea it could have given her a raise... or a better chance at suchses when trying to land custumors... at higher chance they like it (if she had the art degree ofcourse)

just as a person with the PE degree should have it esier in the self employed horseman carere (educated trainers do get a better pay in real life)

and the movie carer schould be affected by art or comunication.

sure even with out direct impact the time you spend on uni skilling up WILL affect your carer...
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:

Oops... See, I'm not right on everything :lol:

Then again, they also ignored daycare, so...
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed that none of the Ambition Profession was left out as well.

Daycare, Education, Fire Fighter, Ghost Hunter, Investigator, Magician, Singer, Stylist was all left out, and including Art Appraiser, Sports Agent, and Video Game Developer was left out as well. Now I know that those three are only unlocked when your sim reaches a certain reputation level. But I think this, yes leave the to where your sim has to unlock those three, but if they had received a diploma there should be a boost in those three fields as well. A sim does not have to attend the University just to unlock the three rep. groups, and if they did not, then that is where they would start at level one.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yea well I never use the education career anyways since there is no lifetime wish for it and you have to have like 5 different skills. So no thanks.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    Yea well I never use the education career anyways since there is no lifetime wish for it and you have to have like 5 different skills. So no thanks.

It would not necessary to complete a different diploma for just the education career. But the Education Career could just be included with one of the other careers. Take for example the Fine Arts Degree it covers these careers; Culinary, Film, and Music. The same would be for the Education Career, just attach it to one of the current degrees that University Life offers. You would not have to go to school just for that alone, for the job boost. In real life Teachers have to go and learn before they can become teachers themselves.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited March 2013
    Those are all EP careers. They probably just focused on base game careers.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

Daycare, Education, Fire Fighter, Ghost Hunter, Investigator, Magician, Singer, Stylist was all left out, and including Art Appraiser, Sports Agent, and Video Game Developer was left out as well. Now I know that those three are only unlocked when your sim reaches a certain reputation level. But I think this, yes leave the to where your sim has to unlock those three, but if they had received a diploma there should be a boost in those three fields as well. A sim does not have to attend the University just to unlock the three rep. groups, and if they did not, then that is where they would start at level one.

All of them are professions besides education. So there is really no reason to benefit them with degrees(besides education)
  • JMF2K12JMF2K12 Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    The only thing i dislike about this game is that it doesnt have the same amount of degrees you can get like in sims 2 where you had maths,business,drama etc... that is the only thing i dislike about this game, anything else is great! :D
  • JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:

i thought it came with LN
    edited March 2013
    Those are all EP careers. They probably just focused on base game careers.

but they didn't just focus on basegame carers... they also aded the fortuneteller from SN?! :?
    edited March 2013
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

All of them are professions besides education. So there is really no reason to benefit them with degrees(besides education)

why not in real life a person working of their own will benifit from a degree, atleast in what people are willing to pay.
    edited March 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

It would not necessary to complete a different diploma for just the education career. But the Education Career could just be included with one of the other careers. Take for example the Fine Arts Degree it covers these careers; Culinary, Film, and Music. The same would be for the Education Career, just attach it to one of the current degrees that University Life offers. You would not have to go to school just for that alone, for the job boost. In real life Teachers have to go and learn before they can become teachers themselves.

and as the care in sims puts comunication high... well that major could be the help.

• robbygordonfanrobbygordonfan Posts: 87
    edited March 2013
    As a real-life education major, this annoys me to no end. I hate that there isn't a LTW for education, and now no degree for it. I feel like that entire career path is severely underdeveloped, and has a lot of potential.

I would love to see my sims having to "grade homework" at home, offer tutoring sessions, run the school play, coach school sports, etc.
  • flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

yea it could have given her a raise... or a better chance at suchses when trying to land custumors... at higher chance they like it (if she had the art degree ofcourse)

just as a person with the PE degree should have it esier in the self employed horseman carere (educated trainers do get a better pay in real life)

sure even with out direct impact the time you spend on uni skilling up WILL affect your carer...

I thought the Film career was connected to the Fine Arts degree.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

I thought the Film career was connected to the Fine Arts degree.
    Film is in the Fine Arts degree.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • kushakusha Posts: 2,465 New Member
    edited March 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Education
    It's only charisma and logic :roll: