March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @kellza: Do you have a link to those T-Shirts ?

Unfortnately I don't, sorry :( I got them a long time ago. Will try to search them out, but I put a sim in the exact same t-shirt for three different outfits in my other game game to see if the same thing happened. Everything worked fine so not sure if it was a random problem or related to the t-shirt.
  • AventerraAventerra Posts: 46
    edited March 2013
    I see that this thread mentioned Error Trap. Has anyone had this issue where if they tried to use their smart phones in their dorms and the Sim glitches and resets? Error trap records it. Sadly, this weird error prevented my sims from inviting family to the graduation ceremony and it also prevented them from going to their class, if they used their phone before then. I will try to grab a screen shot of this.
  • OnirinOnirin Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    @crinrict

Thank you for adding me. Yes I am willing to try a mod, anything that might fix this. I've never had the interest to mod so I would need to know here might I find these mods and how they are installed/accessed.
  • ZozsieZozsie Posts: 16 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crinrict,

*EDIT - This error occurred after using the "relationship transmogrifier" app on the smartphone (this app is a reward for reaching level7 social networking skill). Seems it's created double relationships & resurrected an old game bug.*

My UI has corrupted across all my save games & backups, after playing a vanilla game glitch free for nearly two weeks. This occurred in the home world, & not during or after any travel.

I have lost the two sims from my homeworld, while in the homeworld, post visiting a routine party, saving, quitting the game, & reloading today.

I have added two sims to the family from Uni world, a plantsim & regular sim, they are not corrupt. One more child sim from original family is currently at boarding school. Cannot tell if corrupt also.

I have tried quitting the game & clearing all caches, this results in additionally losing the UI for a third sim, the regular sim from the Uni world. The plantsim is unaffected. Have also noticed the guitar object one sim is playing is also invisible/corrupted. Cannot control or reset these sims they are stuck in their current interaction, with a blank green in the portrait panel.

**UPDATE - I just tried installing Error Trap, Overwatch, & Master Controller to revive my green-blanked zombified sims, only to have the game completely remove the UI for all my sims except for the girl at boarding school, it then ran at super-speed in a bizarre hibernated state for two sim days before the game crashed to desktop.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    All removed on this PC. Vanilla game (factory reset).

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    Not on this computer. I do use them on another PC without UL installed yet.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) All mods/CC all removed & checked with Delphy's Dashboard.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? I look forward to doing this, when we truly have "the flipside".

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? I have both.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Brand new "test" game (although have become quite attached to these sims who are now corrupted)

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Viktor & Jesper from Aurora Skies world. (not transferred)

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA - Aurora Skies

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7 64bit

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download

In addition, unrelated to my problem but will help another reported problem:
    The plant sim has successfully "tried for baby" 3x & has 3x forbidden fruit in her inventory ready to plant. "Baby-bells" is not a glitch!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GrandmaSnoodleGrandmaSnoodle Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello sweetie,
    I have a jump bug issue when negotiating contracts. My Sim will jump across the room and anything I have Q up is gone.

Also the Chemistry station adds a new career outfit every time I use it. I now have over 20 career outfits to delete in plan outfit.

crinrict wrote:

@GrandmaSnoodle: I need you to answer the questions in the second post.

no mods ever
    patch up to date
    EP installed
    New game
    playing in Monte Vista not uni town yet
    Win 7 DVD Version
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @SapphireDCM: Don't think that OW will make it show up if it's not there in the first place. Just wanted to make sure you use the newest version of OW cause the other one had other issues

@hawaiianpunchgirl: See Zozsie post to see how they work. SimsVIP's guide also has info: http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-university-life/

@Dianna: Did you update them to the latest versions ? There have been a few mods that got updated the other day cause they were causing issues

@kellza: No prob. The whole issue is just 'zum Mäuse melken' as I would say.

@Aventerra: Did you update to the latest version ? If so, please post your ScriptErrors over at Twallans so he can tell you what's going on (you don't wanna invite anyone anyways. It only causes issues)

@Onirin: Try either Traveler or ErrorTrap (both by Twallan). If it throws any errors, you'll find files called scriptErrors_something. You can post those at his wiki and he can tell you what's going on.

Here's the link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

He also has instructions how to install.

@Zozsie: That too ? Once you have double relationships, the game is corrupted. ErrorTrap can clean them but if you already traveled to and from worlds, it seems messed up. Depending on where you are atm, your game might not be savable the way the mods handle thing atm.

I would suggest to go over to twallans and ask him if there's anything you can do or if he wants to take a look at your savegame.

Thanks for the clearing up on the PlantSims.

@GrandmaSnoodle: I'll add the jumping issue

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===

As always, if you posted your info (whether your issue got added or not), make sure I've added you to this post: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page#10303278

If you are on that list, there is no need to repost your info but if something changes, please edit said post or make a new one so I can re-link you.

If I said, I'll add, please make sure you did get added and that I understood your issue correctly.

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

Here's the deal with how I'm going to proceed with this thread:

I'll be answering and adding new issue till Thursday, March 21st, evening my time. I'll be away for a long weekend following that, returning Sunday evening.

So, since this thread has already slowed down considerably, I will check back on Sunday, March 24th to see if there is anything major that needs adding but I won't answer everyone anymore. I know the time invested is shorted then in previous bug threads but I have planned this weekend a long while ago and I really don't feel like answering 3 days worth of new posts, especially on a weekend so I think this is a good point to wrap things up.

The bad bugs have been identified and now I will try to find infos on how we can prevent them. I am still checking in on those two other threads and see if we can find a common denominator. Also watch my blog for new info.

I also wanna talk about the Island Paradise Bug Thread. I'm actually pretty exited about that EP and would love to do the bug thread but as things are now, I don't think I can. Release date is June 25th so if they go on like they did, the patch will be out two weeks before which is beginning of June.

June is always a pretty busy month for me since the little one is wrapping up her school year. This year will be even worse since she'll be starting School in August so this is her final kindergarten days. Vacation here starts the middle of July. We'll be also going on a trip (coming to the US actually) and the planning is also going to be taking up my time and depending on how much work the thread gives, I'll be just overwhelmed with trying to please everyone.

So, long story short: Anyone willing to take over for the IP bug thread ? It doesn't have to be the same style at all, I just think it's important to add issues to the first page. You don't need to know a whole lot about bugs and solving them, you just need the willingness to spend time and compile a list. I'll make sure that the Gurus know who does it and that it gets sticked as well (as far as that is in my power).

I also don't think that needs deciding now and just because I did it the past EPs doesn't mean I have any right to tell you guys how it should work. I just wanted everyone to know what the deal is.

I think it has proven useful and it doesn't really matter if the gurus actually read it or not. In my opinion, the bug thread has been important to keep thinks calm around here - to see that others have the same issue and that it has been added to a list, seems to go a long way.

If I have the time, I'll pop in and answer questions and add solutions if I find any but not being responsible would ease my mind with everything else that will be going on then.

Oh, and the adding of everyone's info in the first post: Not recommending to anyone. It's too much work. Better have people repeat their info (or link themselves if the repost) cause that's balancing the work better.

Crin out.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks crinrict for all of your help! :)
  • GrandmaSnoodleGrandmaSnoodle Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello sweetie,
    I have a jump bug issue when negotiating contracts. My Sim will jump across the room and anything I have Q up is gone.

Also the Chemistry station adds a new career outfit every time I use it. I now have over 20 career outfits to delete in plan outfit.

crinrict wrote:

@GrandmaSnoodle: I need you to answer the questions in the second post.

no mods ever
    patch up to date
    EP installed
    New game
    playing in Monte Vista not uni town yet
    Win 7 DVD Version

NEW PROBLEM

After getting back from uni my sim wont go to work.(job she had before leaving-jock job)
    I lost items in inventory. All my DNA samples.
    I put in gem and insect cupboard before leaving they are now gone.

Starting new game in SV

• kobit555kobit555 Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2013
    I saw that someone had already reported this problem, but it's a really annoying bug: my sims' schedule is empty.... help please? :(
  • kobit555kobit555 Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2013
    kobit555 wrote:
    I saw that someone had already reported this problem, but it's a really annoying bug: my sims' schedule is empty.... help please? :(

I saw the link for that. never mind
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited March 2013
    New game in Moonlight Falls. Sim has not gone to University. At level 9 medical. I went into build/buy and sold the old book case, which had a medical journal in it and bought a new book case. The medical journal in my sim's inventory became unusable. I can't move it, I can't read it, I can't click on it at all.

Thanks.

God Bless,
    mik
  • ZozsieZozsie Posts: 16 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for adding that @Crinrict! Although you posted under ?mod related, & I definitely was playing a vanilla game.. although can see how this bug may potentially affect mods.

I have posted this at Twallan's site, & uploaded the script errors. Clearly Twallan & helpers are super busy right now too, so will just wait.

Enjoy your much deserved break & time with your little one! Hopefully someone else is insane enough to take on the new bug thread for Island Paradise, I can't imagine how much time you contribute to this currently, but I for one am very grateful.. Thanks again!
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Smartphone won’t stop ringing

Reports

AnnieBanannie123, TRajah

Solution

Smartphone won’t stop ringing

Thank you for your work here Crinrict. One thing to note on this bug, silence/unsilence won't help. It appears it's not actually the smart phone that's ringing. It's a phantom of the old style phone, which you can't interact with at all. It's pretty much the same bug that can be seen when using SimPort where you get a phantom copy of the phone. This is far worse though since you can never answer it.

As someone who absolutely, positively, can not tolerate the sound of a ringing phone this "small" bug is a deal breaker for me. While I appreciate there are third party mods which may help, and I appreciate the work of those who created them, I don't see why it should be necessary to rely on a third-party mod to fix a bug. Why can't the actual developers fix their own bugs? I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen, as they still haven't addressed the duplicating phones from Showtime.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • sashy311sashy311 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? - I have a handful of cc items (less than ten, mostly building items) that I downloaded over a year ago; and I had about 15 mods, and all but two were from nraas. I have a number of legit Sims 3 store items, but the issues I'm having aren't with interacting with any of them.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - no, I was using, i.e. woohooer & vector

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - yes - I installed UL, had alot of glitches (especially when woohooing) and I deleted all mods except one that gives me a beetle car and one that skips the intro. I've emptied the recycle bin, updated my computer, cleaned out all my Sims 3 caches, and reset a couple times. My game is up to date.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? - No, I haven't put them back in

5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? - the game

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? - I'm not sure but the number in the bottom left corner is 18.0.126.021017 - the game literally updated while I was making this forum post!

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? - existing game, third generation sim

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? - no it was just my current game

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - Monte Vista
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? - Win7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? downloaded

** I usually run the game off of Game Booster 3

My sim isn't able to perform a queue of actions! For example, if I make her do three social interactions in a row, halfway through or immediately following the first interaction, she 'resets', ends up across the room and the entire queue of actions is gone - she's standing there like nothing ever happened. She was at the bowling alley, I asked her to greet a few sims, in several different ways (vampire with lv10 charisma so she has all the different greets), and she just kept staring at them for a few minutes before the action in the queue just disappears.

Other small issues I'm not so concerned about but might be related - I am getting the same party invitation every day to the frat house bon fire party; the coffee from the coffee house kept disappearing as soon as I grabbed it

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can give me!!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No mods, I have store content so I'm not sure if that counts as CC
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    see above
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used a mod
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    See above
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    I have both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The latest one (Can't remember the number)
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    I started playing with an existing one
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    See above
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    An EA town
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Window's 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    I have a physical copy

Hey I seem to be having these two particular problems with my game. These probably aren't UL related, but I know other people are having these bugs
    1) when my sim plays a video game the picture on the TV is black but there is sound.

2) The second one is directly involved with the Invasion of the Showtime performers, while I don't mind then they just seem to pop-up in the oddest of places (Like the cemetery or in front of the criminal hideout.However after a while, the either turn invisible or sink through the ground, you can still hear them and the interaction to watch them is there. but they themselves aren't. The seemed to have started spawning in my UL town.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LinkLink Posts: 76 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the comprehensive info. I've got one to add - When playing the firefighter career, the sim is not able to complete tasks. Clicking on the response will drop the entire queue, and the alarms will stop going off. There's a thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648124.page
    Saving/reloading does not seem to work for me, nor does spawning a disaster with testingcheatsenabled. The only time a sim was able to deal with a problem was when the disaster was next door to the station and the sim could walk there, but even that can't be repeated. This bug basically breaks the career completely

-Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Yes, but I removed all mods and store content to test and the bug still occured.

-If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    No

-Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Yes, but bug still occurs with vanilla game

-Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    Both

-Which Patch Level are you at ?

-Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Both

-Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Tested new and EA premades

-What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA and EA Store towns

-What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Vista

-Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD of basegame and most expansions; download for Showtime, University

-Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home world

-What EPs do you own?
    All EPs, and all stuff except Diesel

Some basic Info about your Computer

Processor
    Intel Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9000 @ 2.00 GHz
    Graphics
    Radeon 3870
    Amount of RAM
    4.00 GB
    Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) and type?
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones
    Yes, I've got most of the worlds except Lucky Palms, Lunar Lakes, and Aurora Skies, and a few of the premium content (Sunlit tides spa, magic cauldron, voodoo doll, monte vista market). Problem still exists without content installed
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin,
    I noticed another small bug last night while I was playing.

When using the gardening station to talk to the plants, the megaphone was not visible, my Sim held out her hand as if she were using it but it wasn't there.

I just wanted to thank you again for all of the work you put into this thread and for all of the help you give to everyone here. You are amazing.

Enjoy your long weekend away, your time with your little girl and your vacation. You deserve it. :)
  • saiedensaieden Posts: 60 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Yes
    2. Fully updated Master Controller and Debug Enabler nothing else
    3. Before Uni. used Awesomemod as well, removed before install
    4. Yes all mods currently installed are updated
    5. University
    6. 1.50
    7. New game
    8. Newish sims (saved in create-a-sim but remade for this save)
    9. Sunset Valley
    10. Win 7
    11. DVD
    12. Homeworld

No idea if this is a bug or just a sim destined to be fat but:

I grew a plantsim baby, and noticed around midway through the teen phase that she was gaining significant weight without having eaten anything (she's a plantsim, they don't have to eat) I could have her work out for hours and she'd lose the weight but it would come back within 2-4 sim days.
    Same with opening CAS and editing her weight, it would last for a few days then revert. She's not eating a thing but I think because the hunger bar is locked to full for her as a plantsim the game may be thinking she's eating all the time (even without the stuffed buff)
  • blackwolf888888blackwolf888888 Posts: 69
    edited March 2013
    My sims and npc sims keep capturing moments and the npc's wind up starving to death and i know it is a fairly new expansion pack but this is ridiculous :evil:
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @SapphireDCM: :D

@GrandmaSnoodle:

1. This bug is usually due to a corrupt work outfit.

Take your Sim to the dresser and give her a new work outfit. If the Sim already has more than one, delete the extra ones instead.

2. I'll add.
    3. What did you put in there ? The DNA samples or something else ?

@kobit555: Glad you did

@mikitta47: I don't think you should put medical journals in cook cases. Music books had the same issue and I think you can't put those there anymore.

@Zozsie: Which one did I put under mods ? I only see the smartphone one and that's not under mods ?? Confused.

Twallan always takes Saturdays off so just be patient. He will get back to you.

@netguysteve: So none of the solutions worked for you ? Hopefully EA will fix eventually, they are just a lot slower and the solution is for those that do wanna use mods. I don't have any other solutions for the moment but maybe if you search around the forum, you'll find more.

@sashy311:

For the jumping: Did you try the factor reset described on the first page ?

NoIntro had an update to hide the the Maxis Logo as well.

Rest is on the list

@halloweenchild:

1. Did you maximize and minimize the game ? That happens to me if I do that (not for all though)
    2. Invisible and Sims in the ground is usually due to their outfits corrupting. Most of the time, resetting them should help with that.

The spawning does seem to be odd. I have seen a few round Uni. Could you describe some more what you are seeing ? Do you get new ones all the time ?

@Link: I'll add to the existing issues (heard that before), including the link

@janvel831: Girly is going to Grandma. Strictly Hubby and me :)

I'll add your issue

@saieden: I'll add. I would think the gaining weight (if the sliders aren't set to fat) should be related to the overstuffed moodlet and not the food bar being full.

@blackwolf888888: Please answer the questions in the second post

No idea what you mean by this:
    My sims and npc sims keep capturing moments

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• alisonk98alisonk98 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @alisonk98: Do you have any pictures in the camera at all ? What if you remove the ones you already took and place them in your inventory ? Does this happen at Uni or at home or both ? I'll add

There are no pictures at all on the camera. I tried with another sim at university hoping it was just a glitch with the one sim, so I had her take a selfie and pictures with other sims and no pictures will appear in the smartphone camera. I haven't tried at home yet but I'll test it out and get back to you.
  • EnliezEnliez Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    After some issues with installing the game I managed to finally install it properly after restarting my computer twice.

I decided to use a family I just made before UL came out. I had just made a home for her and after that I quit the game. This would be the first time I'd play it after that. I let her take the aptitude test but considering she was a new sim she didn't have any skills. So no scholarship for her. After I shrugged my shoulders I went to the computer and I let her enroll into university and I chose the Communication profile for her with 24 credits and a duration of 2 terms.

Off she went, and after having waited for an excruciating amount of time the University finally loaded and I was able to choose a house for her. I chose a pre-built house and I decorated it myself. After that I went to see what kind of schedule she had and that's where the nightmare began.

First thing I noticed was that the icon was a person behind a desk, instead of the study-hat kind of icon it was supposed to be. My roommate was playing the exact same game ( but another disk) and she did have the study icon. Not the work icon I had. I then decided to restart the game without saving.

After I restarted, when I clicked the work icon it said that the term had ended and that I had to re-enroll at home. So I hesistantly chose to let her drop out of university and she returned home. After loading, I suddenly had TWO identical sims. I got a bit frustrated so I deleted the whole family and I made a new one.

I got her a piece of land without a house because I wanted her to go to Uni right away anyway. I enrolled her into the same course as the previous sim and when the Uni had loaded I chose a dormitory for her this time and I started the game. Suddenly my sim was gone, invisible, no square with her head on the left, no miniature-head a tad bit to the right and when I chose 'Sit' on a chair, I suddenly controlled a random guy from the dormitory but my own sim was nowhere to be found.. That's when I rage quitted. I spent 6 hours trying to figure it out and I didn't even actually play for 2 minutes..

Does anyone else have similar bugs? Can somebody help? I hope they'll come up with a patch REALLY soon, I paid good money for this game and it hasn't been worth it so far. This is the first time I have encountered so many and heavy bugs in an expansion pack..
  • serenamoonrose20serenamoonrose20 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    okay now i am playing a diffrent sim due to the loss of my last one she had an alien move in but kicked him out when he left her picture was replaced with one of him and she lost all her friends ect. the only things that stayed the same were her inventory and her job.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2013
    Crin I've read about sims smartphone pics dissappearing when leaving the uni town and going to the home world but I'd like to report they also disappear when you leave the home world to go to the uni one unless you move them to their inventory. It happened to me last night.

I had my sim take a pic with their spouse so they could hang it on the wall in the dorm in the uni town but I didn't move it to the inventory and it disappeared when I got to the uni town and dorm. No cc or mods and latest patch.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm starting to notice a trend with how Error 12 keeps popping up in my games, and from what I've been able to determine, it all steams from the Photography skill.

It seems that if I use any of the WA cameras, Error 12 happens shortly afterwards. One of the big tell tale signs of this is the fact that Memories will show nothing but a black interface with the UI text. I can still take a picture of a Memory just fine, but the entire UI is black.

Interestingly enough, I can take as many pictures as I want with the Smartphone, provided they are all "selfies." (i.e. Take picture of Self, Take Romantic Picture, Take Picture Together) Since this action doesn't contribute to the Photography Skill, it doesn't trigger Error 12 unless I take too many pictures (which is normal for that Error to begin with). Other image-capturing actions like the Memorize Scene option for Painters and the Scrapbook Memories feature work fine as well and don't trigger the error at all.

I kind of want to see/find out if this is reproducible for anyone else with a similar installation set up. Like I said, this is mainly involving the WA cameras, and given the fact that your Sims are given one of those as part of the University Freebies from the Welcome Kit, I'd like to see if those cameras really are the problem or not.

In the meantime, I've got 2 hours of game play I need to redo... mostly to get my PlantSim to become a Socially Awkward Teen again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top