Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mini Golf Venue

I have a good idea for a venue, a Mini Golf one! There could be 3 holes with obstacles as premium content items, and sims could play against each other. What do you think?

*waits to be criticized by TanyaRubirose* :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    I have a good idea for a venue, a Mini Golf one! There could be 3 holes with obstacles as premium content items, and sims could play against each other. What do you think?

you can already play golf in sims 3
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited March 2013
    Corey785 wrote:

you can already play golf in sims 3

That's a driving range, I'm talking about Mini Golf here. :wink:
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited March 2013
    This actually sounds like a nifty idea and within the realm of possibility.
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited March 2013
    And there could be an option/system that allows us to build custom courses! Yes please!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yay! People like it! :D
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wouldn't mind this agree
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry double post got liamed
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited March 2013
    Do you think it would be modular like a pool or object like a stones throw greenhouse roof? Either way, I support entirely and would love this! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Do you think it would be modular like a pool or object like a stones throw greenhouse roof? Either way, I support entirely and would love this! :thumbup:

Thanks! I would say object. There could be one with a "hill" one with a little windmill, and another with a normal hole. There could also be one with a loop-de-loop. For the windmill one, sims could hit the ball too hard, and it would bounce off of the windmill and it would hit the sim in the face. :lol:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well, I'm going to add my two cents because I like this idea. My hubby is always correcting me when I call 'mini golf' putt putt. He doesn't hesitate to laugh at me and tell me I am mixing the two and they aren't the same thing.

So, for whichever it is I like the little courses that have the animals and the fountains, and the tropical trees or anykind of them. I hate to ask him again, if that is putt putt or miniature golf. :oops:

But I would like a venue of that type in the game and the ability to build those type courses in the game. And then when your Sims went to the venue (outdoors) they could ask up to four others to play in their group. I think there are not enough group activities in TS3 for my taste.

I used to love to get a big group of Sims together in TS2 and take them places, but seems later and in this game, options are narrowed down to only two playing any game, or activiity and I would prefer more group things to do like volley ball, and or soccer that wasn't just for two Sims..that seems a little silly..or groups that do go play minature golf or putt putt which ever it is, and this game really does need the ablitity to ask more than one Sim to join in those type games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Well, I'm going to add my two cents because I like this idea. My hubby is always correcting me when I call 'mini golf' putt putt. He doesn't hesitate to laugh at me and tell me I am mixing the two and they aren't the same thing.

So, for whichever it is I like the little courses that have the animals and the fountains, and the tropical trees or anykind of them. I hate to ask him again, if that is putt putt or miniature golf. :oops:

But I would like a venue of that type in the game and the ability to build those type courses in the game. And then when your Sims went to the venue (outdoors) they could ask up to four others to play in their group. I think there are not enough group activities in TS3 for my taste.

I used to love to get a big group of Sims together in TS2 and take them places, but seems later and in this game, options are narrowed down to only two playing any game, or activiity and I would prefer more group things to do like volley ball, and or soccer that wasn't just for two Sims..that seems a little silly..or groups that do go play minature golf or putt putt which ever it is, and this game really does need the ablitity to ask more than one Sim to join in those type games.

Agreed. I would like to see more than two people playing at once.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'd love this idea. I love playing miniature golf. Yet have never played a single game of "big boy" golf in my life. :lol: And yet, I know I'd be awful at it, not so good at mini golf either, but maybe my sims would be.

Something to expand on. What if, instead of it just being a buy object, it was a build object. We could literally design our own mini golf courses (to a small extent) with decorations. Just give us the ability to plop down the hole the ball goes into and pathways to go to it that we can design ourselves. Maybe a few themed decorations (wild life, world travel, kiddie stuff, fantasy, tropical, really the list for that could go on and on)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I'd love this idea. I love playing miniature golf. Yet have never played a single game of "big boy" golf in my life. :lol: And yet, I know I'd be awful at it, not so good at mini golf either, but maybe my sims would be.

Something to expand on. What if, instead of it just being a buy object, it was a build object. We could literally design our own mini golf courses (to a small extent) with decorations. Just give us the ability to plop down the hole the ball goes into and pathways to go to it that we can design ourselves. Maybe a few themed decorations (wild life, world travel, kiddie stuff, fantasy, tropical, really the list for that could go on and on)

I like that idea, but the problem is if they added it as a new option to build mode, they would charge so many Simpoints for all that content.

But, it doesn't have to be a store item. Maybe it could be part of a upcoming EP? They could add it in there.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2013
    Corey785 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I like that idea, but the problem is if they added it as a new option to build mode, they would charge so many Simpoints for all that content.

But, it doesn't have to be a store item. Maybe it could be part of a upcoming EP? They could add it in there.

I had that same thought (about the sim points) when I was typing it out. But it was one of those rare bursts of creativity I get (not all that much to write home about, right?) and I wanted to get it all down.

I do agree it would be good in an EP, otherwise if it were in the store it'd end up being as much as a gold version of a world. :roll:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Corey785 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I had that same thought (about the sim points) when I was typing it out. But it was one of those rare bursts of creativity I get (not all that much to write home about, right?) and I wanted to get it all down.
    I do agree it would be good in an EP, otherwise if it were in the store it'd end up being as much as a gold version of a world. :roll:

Yeah, don't those world cost as much as an EP? A world should be only $15 instead of $43.

It would be cool to have ponds there too. Sims could knock the ball into one the stomp their feet on the ground in frustration.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited March 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Don't worry Cinebar, I call mini golf putt putt since you are putting the ball down the course to get to the hole instead of a full hard swing to make it fly through the air to some great distance. And the fact that you are using a putter instead of an regular golf club like an iron... :wink:

I would also like to see a mini golf course or have the ability to build one in the game. I do love playing mini golf when I can find a mini golf course somewhere... :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Bump.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Another bump.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like this idea, and it'd be a good time to introduce a golf course period (maybe just call it a country club venue, since lots of those have golf courses on location). Sure we have driving ranges but I don't think we should stop there. Heck, EA didn't even stop at soccer nets, they gave us a regular soccer ball in the next EP (even if it does share animations with the hacky sack).

So long as we get a golf tee and a green/hole that can be placed, the courses can be landscaped however you want!