Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe it's Apple?

For months, we've been having issues. Have we ever thought anything like, "it's apple, not ea"?
OS X 10.8.2 is the worst release ever and is very problematic. Maybe if Apple updated it to 10.8.3, everything may come back to normal again?
I don't know about Lion users, but it is a thought.

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited March 2013
    What problems have you had with 10.8.2? I'm looking forward to the graphics updates with 10.8.3 but apart from that my Mac is very stable.

And hundreds of other games work in OS X. Cider is the problem. Simple.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited March 2013
    It sometimes become irresponsive and I have to force the game to quit. Also, I have the. Graphics issue that you mentioned in your own tread.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That will be Cider hanging, not your OS.

Hopefully with the updated drivers in 10.8.3 our graphics issues may be fixed :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    virginblue4virginblue4 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2013
    yenial wrote:
    For months, we've been having issues. Have we ever thought anything like, "it's apple, not ea"?
    OS X 10.8.2 is the worst release ever and is very problematic. Maybe if Apple updated it to 10.8.3, everything may come back to normal again?

I have had no problems with 10.8.2 at all, it's actually a very stable release. It's Cider, plain and simple.
  • Options
    SimmerGirl20SimmerGirl20 Posts: 532 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm on Lion, and I didn't start having problems until Showtime. It's Cider's issue.
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is anybody on Snow Leoperd having problems? I've noticed that many people have OS Lion/Mountain Lion installed, and they are having problems.

It's EA's fault. They said the OS had to be Leoperd or newer.
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited March 2013
    My old Snow Leopard couldn't handle the sims anymore. Now I play on mountain lion. But I've heard people with lion (and some with Snow Leopard, I think) have issues too.
  • Options
    billoy123billoy123 Posts: 22
    edited March 2013
    It cant be Apple's fault the reasoning behind the problems is because EA doesn't code Sims 3 for Mac but for PC. EA put's a wrapper on Sims so that the game is tricked into thinking that it's being run on a PC even though it's not, and that causes the problems.
    EA and Maxis is fixing this problem with SimCity. SimCity for Mac is coming out later because Maxis and EA are spending more time for coding the mac
  • Options
    gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited March 2013
    That will be Cider hanging, not your OS.

Hopefully with the updated drivers in 10.8.3 our graphics issues may be fixed :)

Is there a date set or estimate for when the update is coming out for Mountain Lion? I've haven't had any issues, but I'm interested in anything that might be helpful in any way.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No, it's still in beta unfortunately. This update is taking ages it seems :(
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    ezuhbollaezuhbolla Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2013
    yenial wrote:

This MIGHT be possible.
    I am on OS 7.5 and as OF THIS MOMENT, 1.50 + University Life have been my absolutely smoothest gaming experience ever.

Not a single crash, lag, exception, ERROR whatsover have come between my game and I have been playing for hours.
    My graphics and settings are NOT even on minimal setting and I play on a 2011 mid year MBP!
  • Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited March 2013
    ezuhbolla wrote:
    This MIGHT be possible.
    I am on OS 7.5 and as OF THIS MOMENT, 1.50 + University Life have been my absolutely smoothest gaming experience ever.

Not a single crash, lag, exception, ERROR whatsover have come between my game and I have been playing for hours.
    My graphics and settings are NOT even on minimal setting and I play on a 2011 mid year MBP!

Well, that's sounds interesting. Another interesting thing happened to me is that I was able to play the game for about 40 minutes before the game froze. It wasn't that smooth, but compared to the other experiences, it was really good. At the 40th minute, the game froze and I only could move the mouse. I consider this as good luck but still, the game is problematic. I am playing UL by the way.
  • Options
    frog7886frog7886 Posts: 41
    edited March 2013
    After I finally got it installed from Origin to get rid of the disk reading error I've had no problems. Smoothest it's ever run in my computer- and including all expansion packs (Seasons, Supernatural and UL are in- and they seem to be the ones causing most people problems). I've not had a crash at all with it. I have 10.8.2.
  • Options
    erowland93erowland93 Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    This might be a little off topic, but my Macbook is a 2012 (I got it in August of 2012 for college) and my version is 10.7.5
    How do I get the latest update? Everytime I have it look for a new software update, it says that it is up to date.
  • Options
    LeeshaNickelsLeeshaNickels Posts: 101 New Member
    edited March 2013
    erowland93 wrote:
    This might be a little off topic, but my Macbook is a 2012 (I got it in August of 2012 for college) and my version is 10.7.5
    How do I get the latest update? Everytime I have it look for a new software update, it says that it is up to date.
    If you want to get updates for your Mac you have to go to Apple's website. Be warned, it costs money to upgrade. I bought my Macbook Pro in 2011 right before Lion came out and it was going to cost me $40. Now we are on Mountain Lion and it's only $20 but I think it's because they are going to have a new OSX when the ne Macs come out later this year.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ML has always been that price. Apple have never charged a lot for OSs compared to Windows.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ML has always been that price. Apple have never charged a lot for OSs compared to Windows.
    Really? When I went to buy Lion it was going to cost me $39.99.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yep. Lion was more than Mountain Lion. Still pretty cheap for a major OS upgrade though.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    khamernebtikhamernebti Posts: 14
    edited March 2013
    It can't be Apple because I have absolutely No Problems with any other software I have on my computers! And I have a lot of software.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yep. Lion was more than Mountain Lion. Still pretty cheap for a major OS upgrade though.
    Cheaper than Windows, that's for sure!! But I don't have a ton of money so I am hoping the next OS is $19.99 too.