Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• SympleSymSympleSym Posts: 124 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I made a sim and enrolled her in University. I chose a dorm facility. The play button is disabled. How do I fix this?

Glitch_zps64961af1.png
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited March 2013
    I already made seperate topic before I remembered this thread:

So my sim graduated but there was a mass of sims standing in front of the entrance to the graduation ceremony. After about 4-6 sim hours my sim finally put her graduation robe on and after 2 more hours of waiting she finally entered the building. The rest of the sims still waited outside. My sim came back out probably because it took so long for the other sims (which were still waiting). In the end I think she didn't have a succesfull graduation. She doesn't have a diploma for Uni and she didn't get an extra trait. The work panel does say she completed her degree so that's at least the one thing she got.

Anyone has a work around this? This is the only problem that I encountered during her Uni time so far.
    I would like her to have a nice ceremony and get an extra trait and diploma.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    /
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    No
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    /
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
    University Life, patched more than a week ago before installing Uni
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    Latest patch 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New game, within a saved empty world. I have save files of different worlds so that I don't need to go and edit every single time for a new game. These games are saved without having a sim being played there.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    A sim created by myself.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Lucky Palms
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    I have the disc version of Uni, only one I have a dd from is Supernatural
  • LeahLovesLeahLeahLovesLeah Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    -- No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    -- Never
    -- University Life
    -- New Game
    -- New Sim
    -- EA, Sunset Valley
    -- Win 7
    -- DVD

My main problem here is that the sims appear to just stop walking for a few seconds and then carry on. This is only happening in the university world. If I get them to go somewhere or do something they will begin walking but then stop for around 5 seconds and then carry on. Sometimes it is longer and they are starting to miss class because of it, when all they are doing is walking downstairs. It happens to the other unplayable sims aswell. It's nothing drastic I know but it is really affecting whether or not I want to play the game as it takes ages just to get the sims to go anywhere.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict

ref my last post

nope resetting the sim with the stuck ringing phone did nothing , there was still the ringing sound and the animation non stop
  • honeybee1564honeybee1564 Posts: 415 New Member
    edited March 2013
    SympleSym wrote:
    I made a sim and enrolled her in University. I chose a dorm facility. The play button is disabled. How do I fix this?

Glitch_zps64961af1.png

thats the problem i have with mine too

@honeybee1564, mqelias: I'll add you to the issue. Does your Sim have anything in his inventory or his family inventory ?

first one did. but i deleted world and tried again and still wouldnt let me choose a place to live
  • NeverlyNeverly Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone had a problem with inviting people to college graduation yet? I tried to do so a few times last night (I had to option) but my sim would jump out of the action.
  • SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi crinrict.

My roommates will get stuck in a loop, where they go inside/outside the house/appartment all day.
    They get a thought bubble (a house) above their heads, like they were going home or something.
    I tried a Factory Reset with somewhat inconclusive results.
    They would still 'reset', but less frequently.
    Also I'm not sure if it's normal, but the roommates won't appear in the left panel.

So these specs were used after the Factory reset :

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    No
    Factory Reset
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    Factory Reset
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch?
    University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at?
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    New Sim
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom?
    EA, Bridgeport
    Win 7
    Download

Thank you for taking the time crinrict.
  • strophicstrophic Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey again. So after I finished playing last night, I loaded up my save this afternoon and my goodness:

1. One of the other Sims now has trouble going to class, but it's not that she won't go- it's more so that she can't.
    She goes up to the front door, turns, and then proceeds to say that something is blocking her- although there is absolutely NOTHING around her. Sometimes, she'll go outside, past the fence gates, turn back around, and then start going on about how there's something blocking her there. I've tried resetting her, resetting the lot, deleting cache- nothing seems to be working.

2. I seem to be limited to one roommate. I have plenty of rooms, but again, no matter who my Sims ask, they'll agree, but not move in.
  • CadeMastersCadeMasters Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    -- No
    -- N/A
    -- Never
    -- N/A
    -- University Life
    -- Existing game, moved them to new lot.
    -- Existing Sim
    -- Riverview
    -- Win 8
    -- DVD

I created an apartment lot and moved my household into it. However, instead of adding room mates to my building, the game keeps creating new Sims and adding them to my active household.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Didn't have time for my re-arranging. Guess I'll do that tonight.

Did make a post on the bill issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/stuck-bills-after-returning-from-university.html

----

@PixxieBee144: I've already added you

@ANNIEOVER: Don't know what's going on. As I said, please post the crashing in the tech. That's all I have on the rabbithole issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sim-cant-enter-rabbithole.html

I've added the graduation one. The marriage is existing as I said and should be on many of the lists.

@georgia776: Did you try a factory reset ? The class one sounds a bit like a mod still active. Did you delete the cache files ? I'll add the moodlet one

@LunyKimberly: I'll add

@SympleSym: Please answer the questions in the second post

I do assume you chose a house to live in, right ? I'll add you to the issue

@okido1987: Not atm but I'll add you to the issue.

@LeahLovesLeah: Did you try resetting the whole hood with resetsim * to see if you have a stuck sim somewhere ?

@julienrob2004: Ok. Pity. Did you try restarting the game and deleting the caches ?

@honeybee1564: I've added you. Don't have a solution or an idea atm.

@Neverly: Yes, it's on the list. Please answer the questions in the second post

@SmokeyBearz: They don't appear. That is correct. Which house are you at ? Uni world or home world ? Did you try different houses ?

@strophic: Only when she has classes ? Can they go outside ok if you send them there ? I think I've added the room mate issue. I'll double check

@CadeMasters: In your homeworld ? I'll add
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi crinrict,

The problem appeared while playing in Monte Vista.
    But it spread to Bridgeport too. New household.

I didn't install any new mods or objects, except for the Party Bundle and School Spirit pack.
    But like I said, I did a Factory Reset, and the problem was still there.
    It wasn't as bad, but the roomates would still get a House thought bubble and go outside every so often.

I went back to playing with my saved game, and now it's as bad as before.
    They'll do one or two interactions before going outside. It's a very annoying loop.
  • MilaTamMilaTam Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I'm having trouble making lots into dorms, sororities, fraternities, etc. Anytime i'm in Edit Town and i click to either make or change a lot, none of these options pop up. I get the Student Union, the Rebel Hangout, Arcade, Nerd Shop, University Hangout, and nothing else related to this expansion pack. Why are the other lot options not popping up on the list?

-- No
    -- No
    -- N/A I've never used mods
    -- N/A
    -- University Life
    -- New Game
    -- Havent entered CAS yet
    -- Moonlight Falls
    -- Mac
    -- Download
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • prettycrazy4lifeprettycrazy4life Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    -- currently just Custom content
    -- I used both but took them out
    -- Took them out
    -- Yes
    -- University Life
    -- Existing game
    -- Existing Sim
    -- Sunset Valley
    -- Win 7
    -- DVD

Sims won't go to Uni meet and greet or Thursday class - when it comes up to go, the action drops from the queue. Also once finals are over and sim gets her report card, she isn't able to return home unless she drops out of university.
  • NeverlyNeverly Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2013
    Here is my info (sorry bout that):

- No just 3 patterns (Custom content) by SAILFINDRAGON the rest is from EA.

-No

-Took them out with the first or second EP never put them back in after that.

-Not the custom content

-University Life

-Existing one. I am currently trying out a new game to try and see if it happens with this sim as well.

-Both

-EA Sunset Valley (this is the one I was playing in when it happened) and the new game is in Bridgeport.

-Win 8

-DVD
  • JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just wanted to give an update to the issue of overcrowded doorways. My sim went home after her two terms were finished. She returned to university with her boyfriend - they have two different majors and their lectures are at different times. I noticed on Monday that they had no problem getting in their class buildings. There were a couple of sims, but not the crowd I saw the first go-around. Then at the lecture, there was no crowd at all. My sim got to the lecture, and his professor was already there. One other student joined. My other sim just now got to her lecture with no crowd outside. The only difference between this uni and the first round is that my sim is now staying in a rented house instead of a dorm. I am shocked because this is so much different than my first trip to uni. What's more is that when my sims went to the Meet & Greet, the profs were wearing robes, which they didn't wear the first time.
  • okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks crinrict. Some people answered in the topic I created before posting here.

They suggested to get to the lot early, before the action is prompted. This seemed to work for the people who suggested this. I myself haven't tried it yet.
  • strophicstrophic Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    @strophic: Only when she has classes ? Can they go outside ok if you send them there ? I think I've added the room mate issue. I'll double check

Yeah, she can go outside when I send her, but whenever I try to send her to class, she does the whole "I can't go because there's something in my way" dance.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @SmokeyBearz: So not at the Uni worlds but in the homeworlds ? I'll add

@MilaTam: Not sure how it works. I'll add

@prettycrazy4life: The meet-and-greet and possibly the thursday error are probably caused by errortrap. Are you sure that is not active anymore ?

Could you please answer the questions here if you haven't done so for the not returning home: [Error Analysis] Sim can't return home after Graduation

@Neverly: Thanks

@JustLiz87: Thanks. I think that's all stuff we still need to figure out how it works. I never had that many sims at the lectures at all and it didn't change for me but I did notice Sim wearing graduation robes.

@okido1987: Seems a reasonable solution

@strophic: Move her outside manually for the moment and then send to class to see if that works. I'll add

Calling it a night. Haven't had the energy to update the first page. Not sure how much time I will have tomorrow since I have some RL work to finish up (and also my house needs some attention too). I'll check in in the morning though.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you Crin, you really do deserve a big gold star and a thank you for all your hard work and helping the community. I am appreciative that The Sims 3 community has people such as yourself.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited March 2013
    Got a new Build/Buy bug for you!

Seems all the Sectional Seating objects are broken now.

You can put down one, and it will appear. But put down a second one next to it to start constructing a Sectional Sofa, and both pieces end up going invisible. Worst of all, you can't delete them and those squares end up being occupied by an invisible object.
  • MilaTamMilaTam Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @SmokeyBearz: So not at the Uni worlds but in the homeworlds ? I'll add

@MilaTam: Not sure how it works. I'll add

@prettycrazy4life: The meet-and-greet and possibly the thursday error are probably caused by errortrap. Are you sure that is not active anymore ?

Could you please answer the questions here if you haven't done so for the not returning home: [Error Analysis] Sim can't return home after Graduation

@Neverly: Thanks

@JustLiz87: Thanks. I think that's all stuff we still need to figure out how it works. I never had that many sims at the lectures at all and it didn't change for me but I did notice Sim wearing graduation robes.

@okido1987: Seems a reasonable solution

@strophic: Move her outside manually for the moment and then send to class to see if that works. I'll add

Calling it a night. Haven't had the energy to update the first page. Not sure how much time I will have tomorrow since I have some RL work to finish up (and also my house needs some attention too). I'll check in in the morning though.

Thank you! :)
  • greenstripes4evergreenstripes4ever Posts: 23
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? I have Twallan's MC, SP, and Relativity, if that one matters?
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods... yeah
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do). I did take them off and test UL, and it was fine so I downloaded the new versions and played fine with those.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? ...yeah
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? Latest
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Starlight Shores or whatever it's called
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows XP
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD? I bought it from the store.

Everything was going fine and dandy while my sim was at Uni. Upon returning home from uni, my sim invited her Uni BF to visit and proposed marriage. Had to send her to bed, and she went to work in the morning. Her BF stayed for most the morning and left around noon.

I figured to marry him I'd have to invite him to visit again, but the option is greyed out and it says:

"Only one group of friends can visit at once. Wait until the group leaves before Inviting a group to Visit again."

I've been looking far and wide for any sims from Uni that my sim knows, but none are there and I dont know how to get her BF around to marry them :/

EDIT:: Nevermind, this was a stupid question that was easily solved b/c i'm a nincompoop :| sorry for bogging up your thread...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • zombiemanzombieman Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I've been having a couple problems with University Life. My sim got through the first 2 terms fine and returned home for a break. When I brought him back and tried to pick a place for him to live, the game froze. It does this every time. Also, I noticed that the NPCs are not taking care of their needs. Some of them have a stink cloud following them everywhere, and others will complain about being hungry but go to do something else. I hope there will be another patch soon to fix this.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited March 2013
    mikitta47 (I run The Sims 3 Apocalypse Challenge - http://ts3ac.wikispaces.com )

1. No mods or hacks
    2. Only Base + all expansions installed off DVD. No stuff packs currently installed.
    3. Only Lunar Lakes and Monte Vista store stuff installed
    4. Only two custom worlds (ONLY EA content in them) installed
    5. No 3rd party CC
    6. I recently completely deleted all Sims 3 content from this machine and re-installed just the base game+expansions
    7. I am patched to current
    8. I am on Win 7
    9. I have started new sims in Twinbrook, Moonlight Falls and Twinbrook

1st Issue - Upon returning from University into the home neighborhood, I get a message that I picked up all the mail and I get stuck with anywhere between 2 and 20 "Bill"s (it says Bill - but there are many of them). I cannot remove them, I cannot pay them.

2nd Issue - Upon arriving in the University neighborhood, the only houses available are a few of the pre-built houses, the dorms and Sorority/Fraternity houses. None of the empty lots are available to rent. SOMETIMES on a second trip for another term, the empty lots will be available, but other empty houses won't.

3rd Issue - Inviting sims over - forced into a group, they will come, stay for 2 interactions, and storm off talking about the worst date ever.

Thanks for taking a look. Hopefully we'll see a patch that fixes these issues soon :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am glad I am not the only one with disappearing drinks from the barista bar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top