Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diva and Divo - tried to purchase for free but got charged

Okayyy so, slight problem. I clicked to purchase the "Diva and Divo" set for free as stated on the page, but then noticed that my points had gone down from 2308 to 1708. Considering that I had already purchased one of the hairs at a previous date and had also refrained from purchasing the set when it was on sale (as I didn't feel I wanted to pay even that much), I'm not particularly thrilled that I have lost 600 of the points that my brother got me for my birthday.

Upon looking at my purchase history page I can see that the set appears twice, next to each other, with one saying 600 points, and the other saying it was free. I only clicked the button once and it said it was free :(

I'm assuming this must be easily fixable but please could someone tell me the best way to rectify the problem as I have never had any issue like this before(I live in the UK if that makes a difference).

If I knew how to insert a picture on this forum I could screenprint the page that shows my purchase history - I guess I need this as proof anyway, or can they check themselves?

Big thank yous in advance! :)

Comments

• danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Are you sure it's still free? I know this almost happened to me with the Waning Moon set. It was basically a glitch, and it wasn't on sale even when it said it was.
  • snowynpeppersnowynpepper Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well, I can't see the price anymore because I already downloaded it but when I clicked it, it definitely said it was free (I double checked because I'm a little OCD/neurotic lol).

I have tried to find out how I fix this but I don't understand who/how to contact anyone and the help pages on the origin website were not particulaly errr helpful haha.

Edit: thank you for replying by the way.
    edited March 2013
    Ooh okay now something even weirder is happening. My EA account balance, Simpoints and Basket all say "null" by them at the top of the page.

I am also trying to log into my origin account (as I found a link on another forum about some live chat customer service thing - not sure if this is available for British people) but the circle thingy won't stop spinning/loading on the login page.
    edited March 2013
    Anytime! :D

Honestly, with EA's policies, I think you'd better try loving that Diva/Divo set because they want to keep their money :lol:... I've heard people bought the same sets twice (because compilations don't warn you that you have those sets when buying them separately), and I don't think that they ever recovered their money or got the purchase removed.

I'm hoping someone else has better news, though :)
  • Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ooh okay now something even weirder is happening. My EA account balance, Simpoints and Basket all say "null" by them at the top of the page.

I am also trying to log into my origin account (as I found a link on another forum about some live chat customer service thing - not sure if this is available for British people) but the circle thingy won't stop spinning/loading on the login page.

I'm seeing the same so I'm guessing site glitch :-)
  • Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2013
    This happened to me too - here's the screenshot:

ea_zpsc9f9dc06.jpg

I have been on hold for EA customer service now for over 20 minutes, and also have a live chat window open - which is telling me my wait time is 45 - 50 minutes.

pullhair.gif
    edited March 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    Anytime! :D

Honestly, with EA's policies, I think you'd better try loving that Diva/Divo set because they want to keep their money :lol:... I've heard people bought the same sets twice (because compilations don't warn you that you have those sets when buying them separately), and I don't think that they ever recovered their money or got the purchase removed.

I'm hoping someone else has better news, though :)

The thing is though, as sucky as that is, I guess it's peoples own fault if they don't check they already have a set in a compilation. If the page says something is free, shouldn't I expect that it actually is free.

I know that if there is a mistake with pricing on a site like Amazon for example, they don't have to honour the incorrect price BUT at the same time, if the proper price is not acceptable to you, then you don't have to pay it and can just decide not to buy the product.

Do you know what I am suppposed to do to speak to someone please?
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well... if they charged me I got it for 4 simpoints! :lol:

Oh Hello! My 4 simpoints are back now! :lol:
    edited March 2013
    Yep Sassable1 that's exactly what I have too. I can't even figure out how to speak to someone, do I have to do it through origin because it won't ever finish logging me in :?
  • Mom50409Mom50409 Posts: 95 Member
    edited March 2013
    Me too! This stinks!!
    edited March 2013
    Well... if they charged me I got it for 4 simpoints! :lol:

Oh Hello! My 4 simpoints are back now! :lol:

Haha, I guess that you only had 4 simpoints left then. What an annoying amount, you couldn't ever spend them! :)
    edited March 2013
    Yep Sassable1 that's exactly what I have too. I can't even figure out how to speak to someone, do I have to do it through origin because it won't ever finish logging me in :?

This is the link I used:

https://help.ea.com/contactus/channel-offer

The live chat thingie is at the bottom of the page.
    edited March 2013
    Sassable1 wrote:

This is the link I used:

https://help.ea.com/contactus/channel-offer

The live chat thingie is at the bottom of the page.

Ea Customer service 1-866-543-5435
    edited March 2013
    Ooh thank you Sassable1. I shall try it now :D
    edited March 2013
    Oh the live chat button doesn't actually do anything when I press it lol! I thought this would be really simple to fix...
    edited March 2013
    The live chat is weird and with a little know-how, you'll get someone to talk to you in 20 minutes. Don't go to the "Sims 3" main tab, select something else like "Sims 3: Outdoor Living" or something. They'll answer the same questions there, and no one else has questions for there, so that means there's no waiting. :D

Everyone goes to the same thing... don't be a follower, ya know? So yeah. Go to another Sims 3 game for help, and you'll have someone who will do the same thing for you within 5-10 minutes.
    edited March 2013
    danivixen wrote:
    The live chat is weird and with a little know-how, you'll get someone to talk to you in 20 minutes. Don't go to the "Sims 3" main tab, select something else like "Sims 3: Outdoor Living" or something. They'll answer the same questions there, and no one else has questions for there, so that means there's no waiting. :D

Everyone goes to the same thing... don't be a follower, ya know? So yeah. Go to another Sims 3 game for help, and you'll have someone who will do the same thing for you within 5-10 minutes.

Oh I see, thank you. I just picked Sims 3 because there was no store option. It still says 60 minutes though and the button doesn't do anything. I think I'll ask my brother to take a look tomorrow. He's better at this kind of thing!
    edited March 2013
    danivixen wrote:

Oh I see, thank you. I just picked Sims 3 because there was no store option. It still says 60 minutes though and the button doesn't do anything. I think I'll ask my brother to take a look tomorrow. He's better at this kind of thing!

There should be an option for all of the EPS and SPs, like "Sims 3: 70's 80's, 90's" or "Sims 3: Generations", and then there are other options for "account information"... some such nonsense. Hopefully you get everything sorted out! <3:)
    edited March 2013
    I'm on a 'live chat' right now and a Sim guy (guru? whatever) is researching it. He seems really nice and trying to help! Don't give up!
    edited March 2013
    Glad you are having better luck than me! The problem is, I can't even get on live chat because when I press the button nothing happens :(
    edited March 2013
    A little window came up and said it would be 60 minutes. It was about 35 minutes though.
    edited March 2013
    Awhh I don't have a window come up :( I tried on Firefox and Google Chrome. There's still hope with Internet Explorer, I haven't tried that one yet! Did you get your points back yet?
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2013
    That's lame that you guys are having problems with it. I didn't have this problem yesterday when it was fresh. Maybe the store was being over zealous since it was close to the end. I hope you get your points back
    WznfzGr.gif
    edited March 2013
    Did NOT get points back. When I went to download it said 'free'. It wasn't. :cry:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited March 2013
    Okayyy so, slight problem. I clicked to purchase the "Diva and Divo" set for free as stated on the page, but then noticed that my points had gone down from 2308 to 1708. Considering that I had already purchased one of the hairs at a previous date and had also refrained from purchasing the set when it was on sale (as I didn't feel I wanted to pay even that much), I'm not particularly thrilled that I have lost 600 of the points that my brother got me for my birthday.

Upon looking at my purchase history page I can see that the set appears twice, next to each other, with one saying 600 points, and the other saying it was free. I only clicked the button once and it said it was free :(

I'm assuming this must be easily fixable but please could someone tell me the best way to rectify the problem as I have never had any issue like this before(I live in the UK if that makes a difference).

If I knew how to insert a picture on this forum I could screenprint the page that shows my purchase history - I guess I need this as proof anyway, or can they check themselves?

Big thank yous in advance! :)

I think you will have a good chance of getting a refund if you contact EA with all the details. This sort of thing happens often and people do get refunds. For some reason when you click OK to confirm purchase, their system does something else and charges you twice.

Edit: Also you may like to try this if Live Chat is being difficult to get through to.

http://help.ea.com and click on the “Contact Us – Get back in the Game” button towards the right hand side of the page

Apparently it is some sort of new help system they are setting up. I'm not sure if it is there for issues with being overcharged sim points or not though.