Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is caw easy to use

Never used this before is it easy to use?

Comments

• 10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited March 2013
    No. It is complex to use. I recommend you watch a tutorial and you'll see.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited March 2013
    There is a learning curve in becoming familiar with how the various parts of the program work.

On a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty of use,I would rate CAW around a 4. The Oblivion world editor, now that was at LEAST an 8.

I would suggest you start up CAW and just play around with it. Don't go in thinking you are going to make the next World of Awesomeness. Just tinker. Learn what the various controls do. Figure out what happens when you lay a road, or put down lots, or set an object in place.

Play and tinker with it for a few days and by the time you have done that, you will be ready to start making your own world.

God Bless,
    mik
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2013
    :lol:

When you first try it you'll want to run away screaming and pulling your hair out in frustration!

But when you play around with it for a bit it gets really cool!

Try it out, watch a few tutorials (I found this one very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82j_YJ01Bac ) and don't expect too much of yourself at first! Just try out the tools and mess around before you attempt anything ambitious! :lol:
  • CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a world in CAW!

My suggestion - start small, be willing to mess up and start over from scratch. I created about half a dozen worlds before I finally got one that worked the way I wanted and relatively glitch free. And each time I made a world at some point I scrapped it all and re-made the same world again a different way.

Also, I've found every time I go into edit-in-game and save the game my file adds all sorts of junk to the global layer, and it takes forever to save. But it's nice to get a sense of how your world will work in game early on. So another suggestion is to play around a lot in edit-in-game, save everything you want to the bin, but then don't save your file from there until the very end.
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited March 2013
    thanks everyone