Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR PROBLEM~ pre-ordered University cant get items

Comments

• PharseerPharseer Posts: 66 New Member
    edited March 2013
    My retailer is Greenman Gaming. I sent email to their support team, thanks for your help!
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    My retailer is Greenman Gaming. I sent email to their support team, thanks for your help!

No problem, let me know if they helped you. If not on this thread on my page is fine =)
  • abugsmomabugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2013
    I tried reading through the forum here, but can't tell if there have been definite results. I can't register my game or redeem my packs. I tried at least two different links posted in this thread to try to redeem them in the right place, but to no avail. I understand that Origin is supposed to automatically register your game when you purchase from them (as it has happened before), but UL is not showing up on my Sims page as a game that I have, nor will it let me register it manually. I can't get any response from the system, just "invalid codes". Not to mention that apparently the game is buggy because I don't get a class schedule when I begin university. Darn. And I was so excited about this game. :?

• AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2013
    I didn't receive either my email for the bonus content (Origin Exclusive School Spirit Pack and Limited Edition Content Partaeus Maximus statue)...

:(
  • FinneganFinnegan Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well, I just checked My Page and it says that I have Seasons and UL registered, which is good because it wasn't showing up before. I've already downloaded and installed my game, but I have simply never received my e-mails with codes for my bonus content. This happens to me every time I pre-order through Origin. The Live Chat wait says 345 minutes and there's no way I have time to wait for that.

I guess it's not too bad - I have the game and it plays relatively smoothly. Guess I'll just have to wait for them to get their heads out of their ***** and e-mail me.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    It does register but items are not automatic.
    If this is the case, then why aren't the EPs showing up in my registered games? As everyone else has stated, I am getting the 'already registered or invalid' error. And I've still never been able to register Late Night. Nor do they show up in my registered games on this site.

I did manage to register something recently - I think it was Late Night. It took me 9 mo the or more before it finally got registered and I tried a few times during that period.

Seasons and the decades SP are still not showing as registered in My Page and I've been locked out of My Srudio for most of the last month +

• MajesticGMajesticG Posts: 285 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Antonouza wrote:
    I didn't receive either my email for the bonus content (Origin Exclusive School Spirit Pack and Limited Edition Content Partaeus Maximus statue)...

Just contact customer service live chat and they will give them to you. Make sure you have your order number with you.
    edited March 2013
    abugsmom wrote:
    I tried reading through the forum here, but can't tell if there have been definite results. I can't register my game or redeem my packs. I tried at least two different links posted in this thread to try to redeem them in the right place, but to no avail. I understand that Origin is supposed to automatically register your game when you purchase from them (as it has happened before), but UL is not showing up on my Sims page as a game that I have, nor will it let me register it manually. I can't get any response from the system, just "invalid codes". Not to mention that apparently the game is buggy because I don't get a class schedule when I begin university. Darn. And I was so excited about this game. :?

Hi there,

So your game is already registered, but the icon is not showing up, did you try logging out and then back in?

Even though the image for the icon doesn't show you are registered on the backend. So that is why it is saying "it is already in use".

When you redeem your 16 digit codes for the packs, are you saying that you get a "invalid code" error?

The university game bugs that you mentioned, the game team is aware of this and looking into it.

Thanks
    edited March 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    It does register but items are not automatic.
    If this is the case, then why aren't the EPs showing up in my registered games? As everyone else has stated, I am getting the 'already registered or invalid' error. And I've still never been able to register Late Night. Nor do they show up in my registered games on this site.

I did manage to register something recently - I think it was Late Night. It took me 9 mo the or more before it finally got registered and I tried a few times during that period.

Seasons and the decades SP are still not showing as registered in My Page and I've been locked out of My Srudio for most of the last month +

You may have an account problem.
    I will forward your case to my engineer.
    Thanks!
  • AntonouzaAntonouza Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2013
    MajesticG wrote:
    Antonouza wrote:

Just contact customer service live chat and they will give them to you. Make sure you have your order number with you.

I tried ... But after connecting, I get this message:
    "Thank you for contacting EA
    Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.
    Your approximate wait time is between 350 - 355 minutes."

350 - 355 minutes!!!!

- - -

I'll try again tomorrow ... Just wanted to share this problem ...

edited March 2013
    Finnegan wrote:
    Well, I just checked My Page and it says that I have Seasons and UL registered, which is good because it wasn't showing up before. I've already downloaded and installed my game, but I have simply never received my e-mails with codes for my bonus content. This happens to me every time I pre-order through Origin. The Live Chat wait says 345 minutes and there's no way I have time to wait for that.

I guess it's not too bad - I have the game and it plays relatively smoothly. Guess I'll just have to wait for them to get their heads out of their ***** and e-mail me.

yes sometimes it takes a bit to Sync to get the image, but as a FYI once that code is consumed you are already registered, so the icon on my page is just an image (it doesn't entitle you to anything) what entitles you is the code itself.

So if the code is used, you are already registered (unless you didn't use it of course).
    I know the image signifies as visual feedback that you are registered, but letting you guys know it is just an image.

My engineer is trying to figure out why this happens to some users and not all. So that is why it is taking a while.

For the other codes, I would speak to CS they should be able to see your order number that you should have received those codes and give you some.

Thanks

edited March 2013
    Antonouza wrote:
    MajesticG wrote:
    Antonouza wrote:

I tried ... But after connecting, I get this message:
    "Thank you for contacting EA
    Please wait while we connect you to the next available advisor.
    Your approximate wait time is between 350 - 355 minutes."

350 - 355 minutes!!!!

- - -

I'll try again tomorrow ... Just wanted to share this problem ...

=(( Sorry about that, I have been trying to get an actual wait time, it looks like Simcity + University has made a toll on CS.

But yes, for your problem just a little bit of patience, they will help you.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited March 2013
    bluegayle_ wrote:
    Sorry for double post"

Russki I now have Spirit & Party Pack on purchase history.

However neither will download. I cannot log into my launcher.
    Tired of being told i am "not online" or my log in is invalid.

I can only on occasion actually log into this site. This has been going
    on since last evening although the launcher has done this before.

I have checked with my QA. He did mention that he didn't reproduce this issue, but he did say that installing ep9 first then trying to download the content.
    Can you try that and see what happens?
    if you have already let me know.

I already have the ep installed before i tried the bonuses. The launcher won't let me log into it either so that may be part of the problem? However i did try downloading a couple of other things from my purchase history and they downloaded fine so i am really puzzled over all this.
    I can't access mypage at the moment but earlier UNI icon was not showing.
    update: I reaffirmed/reset my password and have been able to log into launcher again. :D However still no luck with downloading the packs. They start but then only get about 35% of the way then stop.
    I am going to try uninstalling uni and see if that helps. Wish me luck. :shock:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited March 2013
    abugsmom wrote:

Hi there,

So your game is already registered, but the icon is not showing up, did you try logging out and then back in?

Even though the image for the icon doesn't show you are registered on the backend. So that is why it is saying "it is already in use".

When you redeem your 16 digit codes for the packs, are you saying that you get a "invalid code" error?

The university game bugs that you mentioned, the game team is aware of this and looking into it.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the info about the game being registered. And yes, even if I am registered with the game, the content codes say invalid code every time I type them in. I will try to log out and the back in, because maybe it won't do it because it is not showing that my game is already installed. I will try that first.

And yeah, bummer about the darn schedule, I took everything out, and tried again, and same results.
    edited March 2013
    Ok, logging out of Sims site and logging back in made Uni show up in my game list. I still can't redeem my codes, though. It says "Invalid Code, please re-enter your code".
  • AsinaAsina Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I just want to double check to make sure I understand this all correctly.

I pre-ordered University on the 4th, and got three e-mails with different serial numbers. One for the Party Pack, one for the University game itself, and one for School Spirit. I had entered all three codes into Origin, was told that they were all successful, but now the only thing I have registered and downloaded is that core University game and the School Spirit pack.

The Party Pack was supposed to be redeemed on the site here, not Origin? Because nothing from it is showing up for me to download, and it says the serial number was already claimed (when Origin had said registering it was a success).

So all I need to do is contact customer service and have them reissue me a serial number for the Party Pack? I want to double check because the wait time is 185-190 minutes (I've already been waiting a while), and I don't want to spend all that time waiting if nothing is going to come out of it, haha.
  • TarheelGuyTarheelGuy Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    As I can see, I am not the only one having problems getting my Bonus Material for University Life. I was able to get the Spirit Pack. However, I am having trouble with getting the Party Pack. I made the mistake of using the code on Origin. I hope when I speak with Cus. Ser. they can give me a new code or do magic-presto to get my Party Pack. :cry:

UPDATE: I have just spoke to Mayank on the online chat and was able to help me. I explained to him/her I needed a new code and why. I was polite and was given a new code. I learned my lession: Take the code(s) and go down to the vey bottom page and enter redeem codes that way! I will not enter them in on Origin...Unless that problem is fixed.
  • WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2013
    LadyTess37 wrote:
    Contact Origin through their phone number at (650)628-1001, this is what I did and they had to go into my account and fix things for me. It took me 11-12 hours as it was between talking to Live Chat, who couldn't help me, talking to Amazon, who tried to help but couldn't, then finally found a phone number in one of my manuals, waited till the time they were open to talk, and thought I would share. Anyone else having issues with their content should call the number and they should be able to help you like they did me. I finally got this resolved!

__

I was actually able to get the codes for my extra goodies to work after...
    That said I still can't register my game ... BUT I CAN PLAY IT! Yeah! I am luckier than some.
    I ordered through Origin.. funny thing is, I also got Seasons.. 50% Off when you pre-ordered University... that deal... My Seasons registered without a hitch! :?
    Oh well...
    I have to ask... that number isn't toll free!? You said you were waiting a really long time on hold!!
    I'm not paying extra for them to fix this.
    Just sayin'.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited March 2013
    update: I reaffirmed/reset my password and have been able to log into launcher again. However still no luck with downloading the packs. They start but then only get about 35% of the way then stop.
    I am going to try uninstalling uni and see if that helps. Wish me luck

@Russki
    Well i couldn't make myself uninstall the ep just yet as i was hoping
    a fix may come up. I tried again this morning just in case but no luck.
    Is there any way they can remove the packs from my purchase history and then send me two new codes to try? Or maybe once removed i can try the ones i have again?I don't think uninstalling the ep would help as it almost seems the problem is just with the packs.
    I can download anything else to my launcher.
    Have a good day. I am off to the workplace...
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:

No problem, let me know if they helped you. If not on this thread on my page is fine =)

The response I got from them was:

Are you referring to the The Partaeus Maximus statue? This should have been included in the key we had given you like the rest of the content.

They said I need to contact Origin customer support.
  • WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2013
    :D Just finished my LiveChat with Ashish with EA Customer Service. :mrgreen:

I am now all registered...

I hope everyone else gets their issues resolved as painlessly as I did. :thumbup:

edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    Pharseer wrote:

Are you referring to the The Partaeus Maximus statue? This should have been included in the key we had given you like the rest of the content.

Yeah, no they should have received a set of keys for the limited edition content, yes please call costumer support and they should give you a key for this.

Sorry for the trouble. I will tell marketing about this.

Thanks
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    Pharseer wrote:

Yeah, no they should have received a set of keys for the limited edition content, yes please call costumer support and they should give you a key for this.

Thanks

Don't currently have a phone. Will need e-mail or live chat help for this issue, who do I contact?

Thanks for your help!
    edited March 2013
    Pharseer wrote:
    Pharseer wrote:
    Pharseer wrote:

Thanks

Don't currently have a phone. Will need e-mail or live chat help for this issue, who do I contact?

Thanks for your help!

Yes indeed, you can email and live chat and they should help you. =)
    edited March 2013
    MajesticG wrote:
    I didn't receive either of my bonus codes for the game.
    Update: contacted Customer service and got my codes..had no issues whatsoever :)

Glad it got sorted!
    Did you purchase the game in Origin? or another retailer?
    thanks