Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Awww..man..it sucks :( - Well not anymore, I found the workaround :D

I ordered my UL from Origin Singapore. But then I moved to Norway.

I have already received the emails from EA telling me that my order has been released (including the party pack bundle and school spirit). I have received the product codes as well. I checked with my sister back home and she told me that Sims 3 UL has been released in my origin (Singapore origin).

I was rushing home from office, couldn't wait to download it and play it. But when I checked my origin here, it said "Available March 7". Awww..man that sucks :x :x . I am feeling like screaming now :cry::cry: .

Edited :

Yay...I found the workaround..*dancing*...

Lucky my company has VPN :lol: .
We have the server location in US, Europe, Asia and Australia. I just need to connect to the VPN and choose the server location in US. And log to my origin account :wink: .
I am downloading my game now 8) . It's slower downloading it using VPN than normal internet. But I can wait 3-4 hours than 2 days :P .

Comments

• EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Tomorrow is gonna be harsh, all the americans are going to post great videos and be excited about uni while we sit and wait for it :( Must have been a sad feeling when you are so exicted just to be dissapointed. But lets do like real Norwegian vikings and wait for our precious victory
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited March 2013
    Geez. Talk about soul-crushing. :( I would have been utterly despondent if they had this service when I was in the military and living in Japan. T-T While my friends and family are playing I'd be waiting.

meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2013
    Tomorrow is gonna be harsh, all the americans are going to post great videos and be excited about uni while we sit and wait for it :( Must have been a sad feeling when you are so exicted just to be dissapointed. But lets do like real Norwegian vikings and wait for our precious victory

You are right :-) . At least I am not alone. :-)

I wanted to avoid the forum for these 2 days, but I also wanted to read other experiences...well..dilemma..dilemma
    edited March 2013
    Druscylla wrote:
    Geez. Talk about soul-crushing. :( I would have been utterly despondent if they had this service when I was in the military and living in Japan. T-T While my friends and family are playing I'd be waiting.

Since I have the product codes with me now, if I register the product code in the sims 3 website, will it make UL available in my games - origin ?

Have you ever tried this one before ?
  • EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Susiechan wrote:

You are right :-) . At least I am not alone. :-)

I wanted to avoid the forum for these 2 days, but I also wanted to read other experiences...well..dilemma..dilemma

Haha yes, i have the exact same dilemma! I think i will just try to focus on school. But who am i kidding im not gonna focus on school 2 days in a row :roll:
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited March 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

Since I have the product codes with me now, if I register the product code in the sims 3 website, will it make UL available in my games - origin ?

I havent tried before...not sure if it would work.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
    edited March 2013
    Druscylla wrote:

I havent tried before...not sure if it would work.[/quote]

No, it won't work :cry: . Because the sims 3 account link to origin account. So the system has already registered mine automatically.
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2013

during the sims 1 and 2, the americans and most of the world felt the same way about sweden, who, for some reason, often got the expansion packs a week before anyone else did.
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited March 2013
    CMWarren wrote:

during the sims 1 and 2, the americans and most of the world felt the same way about sweden, who, for some reason, often got the expansion packs a week before anyone else did.

Did we? :O haha I don't know because i only used the Swedish forums back then xD
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2013
    SimsTias wrote:
    CMWarren wrote:

Did we? :O haha I don't know because i only used the Swedish forums back then xD

it was not so fun in the english forums back then; people were getting soo butt hurt about it; it was both fun to watch, and cringe-inducing. TSR used to be really bad around expansion pack time during sims1 because people went bonkers over all the people from sweden who had their game already. I only felt annoyed with makin magic becuase of all the cool things they were revealing that maxis had neglected to tell us about.
  • sims3game123456sims3game123456 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited March 2013
    You're not the only one I live in the U.S.A. and I pre ordered the physical version but when I tracked it it's only coming Thursday same as you. :( I never will pre order games with 5-7 day shipping from origin.
  • DreamangelDreamangel Posts: 57 New Member
    edited March 2013
    It appears only the US have the release date of the 5th, as here in Australia we have to wait until the 7th as well. A bit of a slap in the face to the rest of the world I think. :x
    edited March 2013
    sims3game123456,

It feels like you want to scream right ?

Dreamangel,

No, Singapore released it earlier than US :wink: . Well actually it's the same day, the 5th. However because Singapore is around 13 or 14 hours ahead of US, it appeared that Singapore released it on the 4th.
    edited March 2013
    Thanks all :-) .

I am sorry to tell you that I am downloading it now :lol: .
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2013
    New Zealanders have to wait till last. We only get the game on Friday the 8th.
    https://www.ebgames.co.nz/any/any?q=Sims 3 University

In a way its good though, we read and see all the early bird people's problems and how they get solved so when our game time come we can just jump in and know how to get around them all :mrgreen:
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited March 2013
    Good to hear that you managed to work around it! I am not so Lucky and have to wait for another two days :(
  • LaurenzaLaurenza Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    New Zealanders have to wait till last. We only get the game on Friday the 8th.
    https://www.ebgames.co.nz/any/any?q=Sims 3 University

In a way its good though, we read and see all the early bird people's problems and how they get solved so when our game time come we can just jump in and know how to get around them all :mrgreen:

Same here in the UK. But I also "bug-watch" the couple days before like you :lol:
    edited March 2013
    Thanks mcrudd and kiwi84 :lol:

Now I feel bad for you :oops:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2013
    Susiechan wrote:
    Thanks mcrudd and kiwi84 :lol:

Now I feel bad for you :oops:

We pay the most for it and get it last, I wonder what they have against us LOL
    edited March 2013
    Laurenza wrote:

Same here in the UK. But I also "bug-watch" the couple days before like you :lol:

I am doing bug-watch now while waiting for my download to finish :lol: ( 2 more hours to go, yay..)

I know that I will need to take twallan mods before start playing it. Well, I think I can survive without Twallan for a week or so :wink: .