Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• SharnyaYSharnyaY Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nirar22 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @utterlyunzipped: So you really can't set ownerships for two sims on a double bed ? I would think that you can just assign it to someone else. Did you try to sell the bed and replace it with a new one ?

Crin, just for your information, you can set ownerships for two sims on a double bed, you just have to be careful that you don't use the same side while doing so. If you use the same side, you'll get a message like this:

bedownership.jpg

Which means you're trying to set the same side for two sims, you have to click on the other side of the bed and try again. Works great as long as they get their own side, lol :D

That is how you can change bed ownerships as well, just click on the bed/ Set Bed Ownership, and pick the sim you want, click yes when that message pops up, and the ownership is changed.

So that's how you set ownership for two sims in a bed. Thanks for the info.

Was this always like this?
  • RabbitoRabbito Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin,
    First of all, sry for my english :) normaly I dont post in an english forum but my bug is making me crazy :) It is the bug that flair mention in his Post. My Sims are learning very quickly every skill. It seems that the bug comes if you play a game longer, but it comes every time. (I think the reason is save/load but not sure about that) First i tested it with an exsisting game and had twallans mods installed.(Mastercontroller and Overwatch). Than I started a new game and it was the same.(after 12 hours playing or so). I unistall twallans mods, because i think they where corrupt, and started a new Game. Helps nothing... after some hours playing the bug comes. So i reinstall sims3 and make a new Game(without any Mods). Nothing changed... after some hours the bug comes again. I think the bug didnt come abruptly. The Sims are learning faster and faster.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No Custom Content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? MC and Overwatch (but tested without too)
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Both
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes, but i reinstall Sims3 to check if the bug is from mods
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? Just Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Both
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    I have the Download Version from Origin
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thought I would add to the multi-selected portrait glitch, as reported here.

There are more people here getting the glitch.

And, just to note a difference, I get it when just adding one sim to the household via the 'move in' suggestion and also had it after adopting a horse. Once was in MV and once was in 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

(My details, here.)

Edit: forgot to say, if you save and then reload your game the glitch has gone for now.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    @TrexterZiam: Sounds like you're game corrupted. Do you see the same if you start a new game ?

@Snapdragon: Thanks for that info. Ambitions was before I started doing the bug threads so it was probably never listed. I'll just add that to the existing issues then

@janvel831: Try this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/08/store-lots-missing-ingame.html

@MGSFan612: Yes, it should be on the list

@sashe1977: Even with Overwatch in ? Overwatch should fix this bug. Could you remove your mods and see if the plants start working ? What about new plants are they fine ?

@SharnyaY: Really don't know what's going on in your game. Sounds like something not well with your WA installation. I would reinstall WA only. Use ccleaner after removing it and then reinstall. If that does not help you, I think you're better served posting in technical. Don't think yours is a bug as such but a more individual issue.

@Rabbito: OK thanks. I'll be adding that

----

I'll add in the evening if LIAM lets me. LIAM has been giving me grief for a while. I do the bug thread twice a day at least (morning and evening). If you don't see an answer from me, it's probably LIAM that doesn't let me.

I'll be posting on my twitter account if I have troubles so please check that:

https://twitter.com/crinrict

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• conz888conz888 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? - Nope, just Sims Store Stuff.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? - Not using mods...
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - Never used them.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? - I don't use mods agian..
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? - Just the Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? - 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? - Started a New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? - Nope
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - Monte Vista
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) - Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. - Disc Version

I've only tried this out on Edit Town, but It seems that if you're editing a lot, The Boundries for where the Camera can move are gone, instead of just focusing on the lot.
  • TrexterZiamTrexterZiam Posts: 51
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @TrexterZiam: Sounds like you're game corrupted. Do you see the same if you start a new game ?

I had saved the game before resurrecting. A good dozen times or so I re-tried from the saved game - all resulted basically the same. Twice I deleted all caches and log files and restarted the game - that didn't help.

Finally, I turned cheats on and deleted the urn and cancelled the opportunity to resurrect at the science center.

I don't have any other sims ready at this time (enough charisma to befriend a ghost) to try it on another game.

In addition to the mushroom collector cat bug ...

Money tree harvest glitch still exists too! Seems the game wants us to have only 1 money tree as the last tree will work for awhile before it goes glitchy. The second, third, fourth (etc.) trees all turn glitchy (perma-harvest) as soon as you harvest the first set of bags. All other gardening glitches seem to be gone for now.

Mailbox glitches gone too; but, I had to delete a whole family of 4 because the patch didn't delete their stuck bills and omni boxes. Restarted the couple from the original unskilled, unrelated pair (fresh).
  • CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know if this one existed previously or not -

World Adventures, when opening chests or sarcophagi, no longer getting a pop up with the items hidden inside.

This would be fine, but the items in the chest also aren't being added to the sim's inventory.

I also posted this one in the other bug thread, don't know if it made it here - no basic food in refrigerators on new lots (at start of game or otherwise). They were usually stocked with some lettuce, tomatoes, and hot dog links.

Also, having no ingredients in the fridge (or inventory) results in random food prep - like Renoit Grapes Pancakes. Used to be if you had no ingredients available, it defaulted to the cheapest ingredient - like fruit pancakes would be Apple Pancakes with no other fruit available in the household.

Also, concerning the up down arrows for job performance, I clean my caches after installing updates and mods and after uninstalling mods. Just a good habit to get into.
  • ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have two issues that I have discovered. First, Sims shrinking in size when they use walking sticks/canes. This was however corrected when starting a new save so that may not be an issue.

BEXc0CVCMAIIyo8.jpg

Second was saves getting corrupt. For some reason my save no longer loads. It gets to 1/4 of the loading bar, music stops, and the game tip remains the same, though the game is not frozen or not responding. I quickly checked and the save also doubled in size from just 55 MB to 109 MB! Not sure why it doubled in size. The saves backup was also no good as it too also doubled in size.

Using no mods and the save was a Maxis world, Sunset Valley. I no longer have the save anymore, but just thought I should mention it. Memories are disabled.
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3
    edited March 2013
    @conz888: I'll add that

@TrexterZiam: I'll add the cat one. Thanks for the info on the other.

@CLM1227: I'll add

@Arty: Already made a post about that issue. You only need to replace the cane.

Not sure what's up with the game corruption.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just discovered this glitch in my game.

I play a vanilla game with no mods or anything but since I patched to 1.50 my sims teens ( who are signed up for after school activities) will go there and suddenly I get all of these pop ups that they have mastered their skills. Example: my teen went to his first art club after school activity and while he was there I got notices that his sculpting and painting skills were mastered?! He only had one painting skill and no sculpting skills.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but I am very bummed about it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited March 2013
    pifflover wrote:
    I just discovered this glitch in my game.

I play a vanilla game with no mods or anything but since I patched to 1.50 my sims teens ( who are signed up for after school activities) will go there and suddenly I get all of these pop ups that they have mastered their skills. Example: my teen went to his first art club after school activity and while he was there I got notices that his sculpting and painting skills were mastered?! He only had one painting skill and no sculpting skills.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but I am very bummed about it.

Yea I've been reading about this about sims skills suddlenly maxing out very quickly with this patch. It's not just limited to teens either.
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey Crin

I know the issue with Aurora Skies & the library. The library lot is marked No Visitors Allowed so it won't get the library moodlet/buff unless you change it in Edit Town.
  • sashe1977sashe1977 Posts: 314
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@Snapdragon: Thanks for that info. Ambitions was before I started doing the bug threads so it was probably never listed. I'll just add that to the existing issues then

@janvel831: Try this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/08/store-lots-missing-ingame.html

@MGSFan612: Yes, it should be on the list

@sashe1977: Even with Overwatch in ? Overwatch should fix this bug. Could you remove your mods and see if the plants start working ? What about new plants are they fine ?

@SharnyaY: Really don't know what's going on in your game. Sounds like something not well with your WA installation. I would reinstall WA only. Use ccleaner after removing it and then reinstall. If that does not help you, I think you're better served posting in technical. Don't think yours is a bug as such but a more individual issue.

@Rabbito: OK thanks. I'll be adding that

----

I'll add in the evening if LIAM lets me. LIAM has been giving me grief for a while. I do the bug thread twice a day at least (morning and evening). If you don't see an answer from me, it's probably LIAM that doesn't let me.

I'll be posting on my twitter account if I have troubles so please check that:

https://twitter.com/crinrict

Hi
    Overwatch seems to fix the plant issue when I restart my game. But as soon as the plants become dormant they get stuck in the harvest state again. Sorry I am not sure what you mean about new plants?
    edited March 2013
    @pifflover: I'll add but could you please answer the questions in the second post ?

@Ricalynn: I thought it was going to be something along these lines.

@sashe1977: Plants that get dormant while they are at harvest state get bugged. They cannot be harvested anymore but with OW they should get pushed to the next state once they get out of dormant. It seems that they did not fix this bug.

With new plants I mean, do plants that you plant after the patch also have the same issue ?

== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ==

Please make sure you edit your info posts once you get Uni. They should all be linked on the first page.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    AHQ Tutorial

• sashe1977sashe1977 Posts: 314
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @pifflover: I'll add but could you please answer the questions in the second post ?

@Ricalynn: I thought it was going to be something along these lines.

@sashe1977: Plants that get dormant while they are at harvest state get bugged. They cannot be harvested anymore but with OW they should get pushed to the next state once they get out of dormant. It seems that they did not fix this bug.

With new plants I mean, do plants that you plant after the patch also have the same issue ?

== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ==

Please make sure you edit your info posts once you get Uni. They should all be linked on the first page.

Yes the plants that I planted after I patched my game do have the same issue.

edited March 2013
    Guess it's completely not fixed then.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ec1ipsseec1ipsse Posts: 53
    edited March 2013
    Rabbito wrote:
    Hi Crin,
    First of all, sry for my english :) normaly I dont post in an english forum but my bug is making me crazy :) It is the bug that flair mention in his Post. My Sims are learning very quickly every skill. It seems that the bug comes if you play a game longer, but it comes every time. (I think the reason is save/load but not sure about that) First i tested it with an exsisting game and had twallans mods installed.(Mastercontroller and Overwatch). Than I started a new game and it was the same.(after 12 hours playing or so). I unistall twallans mods, because i think they where corrupt, and started a new Game. Helps nothing... after some hours playing the bug comes. So i reinstall sims3 and make a new Game(without any Mods). Nothing changed... after some hours the bug comes again. I think the bug didnt come abruptly. The Sims are learning faster and faster.

I am having the same issue - a teen who joined the drama after school club went from 0 charisma to 6 charisma :shock:

Like rabbito, I thought it could be mod-related, so removed all my current mods (Twallans, some of shimrods and bluejenjitsu - the latter two mostly no autonomy or 'decrease chances of...' mods)but the same thing happened in the no-mods game after 6 saves (approx 12 hours of (non-continuous) play).

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? - yes - Sims Store stuff and a lot of other CC, and Twallan's, BlueJenJitsu and Shimrods. However, the error shows up in both modded and unmodded games.
    NOTE: I now manage my CC with CC Magic - in case that has any relevance. (I still load the game through the EA launcher, not CC Magic, though)
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? - Yes - Twallan's
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - took mods out and cleared caches, disabled all CC
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? - Yes. (11-3-13 update - currently completely unmodded. AAARGH!!)
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ? - Now have University Life
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? - 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? - Started a New Game (completely new sim and also with a family that I had saved from a previous world)
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? - Tried with both new and transferred sim families
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? - EA - Bridgeport/Appaloosa Plains; Custom: Jericho
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) - Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. - Disc Version
    12. Issues seen in Homeworld - not (yet!) in the University 'hood.
    13. Hardware: Laptop: 8GB RAM; 256MB NVidia Graphics, Intel i7 2.20Ghz processor; 64bit OS (Win 7 Premium)HDD 300GB available space

Note : Stuff in italics is updated.

• ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well shoot, my sim went from 0 in athletic to 3 in a matter of seconds because I stopped when I noticed it was happening. Same with driving skill for teens. He learned to drive without even going anywhere! I don't recall if my sim was a teen or elder learning the athletic skill though. Thought it was a mod. Guess not.
  • bdot875bdot875 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    @bdot875: Not sure about the harvester bug. That's that thing with which your supposed to harvest your garden faster, right ? That makes your sim not use their cars anymore ? Very strange
    That is actually a bug that came right with Ambitions. I don't know, however, whether there ever was a time when it was fixed as I stopped using this thing after three failures back then. I also think that this bug goes further in that you cannot get rid of a bugged harvester anymore, it's stuck in your inventory and has a bad influence on all other inventory objects and their use.
    I can confirm the Harvester stuck bug already exist with patch 1.36, no way for me to test for an earlier version. Even Twallan's awesome mods can't help me here.
    edited March 2013
    I'll add everyone to the respective issues :)

I won't be checking back in tonight and I'm guessing tomorrow when I get up, some of you will already be playing. I wish you all a lot of fun. I won't get mine until thursday and don't know how much time I'll have till Saturday.

I'll be checking in here of course but probably not before tomorrow evening my time. Busy busy with RL atm. Should get better by the end of the week. I did get a great deal done today and I'm almost where I wanna be with one of my projects. Two more to go, one's a little bigger.

Please make sure to read the first page before posting. It's going to be busy here soon and I can't go back and forth all the time. Also can't keep in mind who posted what so please quote your old post if you're checking back on a specific issue.

Have fun everyone and make sure to take the necessary precautions before you install. Mods probably won't need updating again unless EA gives us another patch (which is possible because of the fiasco of the last one.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/in-preparation-for-university-life.html
    AHQ Tutorial

• rosahegerosahege Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2013
    Autumn leaves still on the ground on community lots and other residential lots in spring and summer. Sometime they vanish in the spring from the HOUSEHOLDS LOT, and sometimes not. It is a really annoying bug to be honest.

Still no mods. No CC. Only stuff from the store and all the EPs and SPs.

Tested in different worlds, existing game, and new games. Happens in all of them.
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2013
    Does it need to be mentioned that townies still aren't having children? I get a marriage about once every 15th full moon but still no children that aren't populated when the parents are.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited March 2013
    :D I wrote to you about a week ago about my singer & acrobat from Starlight Shores that started going bad and then I had to copy them and put them in a new town.

Today, started a new game in SV. Noticed it froze up when I went to save. After thinking about it, I think that the two games had something in common. I added the No routine machine to the bathroom right before it started to mess up. Is there anything coming in about that or do you know of some problem with it. I think I used it before without problems, but not sure if the patch messed it up? :?: Thanks for being so nice to answer. :D
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same problem as davina1221, I cannot catch birds. I'm able to watch them all I want, but cannot catch them. I never had this problem before.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes. CC and mods.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? I use Twallan's mods.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I follow your "what to do before patching guide" so yes.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Yes, all my mods are up to date with 1.50
    5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch? Just the patch.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? Started a new game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Pre-made, came with Aurora Skies.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom? Aurora Skies
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD and downloaded for some EPs/SPs
    er0s4g.jpg
  • RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have noticed my sims are now learning skills a lot more faster than before the patch and plus gaining LTR points quickly too.
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top