Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keeps Crashing in CAS

Help! My Sims ran smoothly until I uploaded the 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff. Now, whenever I start it up and try to create a new family, I get five to ten minutes of game play and my Sims shuts down. All this started happening since downloading this pack. Can anyone help, please?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for any feedback,
Courteney.

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2013
    I had to reset my game to stop the CAS crashing recently :!:

been getting it myself since supernatural :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CloroxcleanCloroxclean Posts: 148 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your computer probably needs more memory. I need more. The games each take up about 4 gigs of RAM, which is a lot. Mine started crashing when I got Seasons.
    New Sims 4 Houses All the Time
    Working on It!
  • Sandravdb29Sandravdb29 Posts: 196
    edited February 2013
    Yip got the same problem since installing 70's,80's & 90's stuff and game crashes also in game play....it sucks...hope we get a valid solution soon...fiy I got enough memory, so what could the problem be!
  • DoombearDoombear Posts: 61 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Try deleting the CASThumbnails.package file in your \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Thumbnails folder and let new thumbnails be generated in CAS.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited February 2013
    I had to remove my game completely as in everything and I own every pack/expansion... then I installed it all once again. It fixed my problem now my game runs normal once again.
  • mynameisgeorge1mynameisgeorge1 Posts: 17
    edited February 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    I had to remove my game completely as in everything and I own every pack/expansion... then I installed it all once again. It fixed my problem now my game runs normal once again.
    With 70's, 80's and 90's?
    Well, I tried that, but it still crashed..?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    Yip got the same problem since installing 70's,80's & 90's stuff and game crashes also in game play....it sucks...hope we get a valid solution soon...fiy I got enough memory, so what could the problem be!
    Yeah! I have more than enough memory, but it always crashes like ten minutes in. I don't really know what the problem is..
    edited February 2013
    Yes my 70s 80s 90s stuff was crashing my game. I had to delete my entire game and reinstall now everything runs smooth. I left my game running for hours today and no crashes and CAS works great. Also make sure you don't have a bad piece of custom content... those things are make your game go haywire.
    edited February 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    Yes my 70s 80s 90s stuff was crashing my game. I had to delete my entire game and reinstall now everything runs smooth. I left my game running for hours today and no crashes and CAS works great. Also make sure you don't have a bad piece of custom content... those things are make your game go haywire.
    Just delete the 70's 80's and 90's stuff?
    edited February 2013
    lol if all else fails I suppose remove it and then try running the game.
    edited February 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    lol if all else fails I suppose remove it and then try running the game.
    I'll probably just delete it. I'm sick of it not working. >.<
  • Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem on my old computer. I'm afraid to install the stuff pack to my new computer.
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, and I let someone borrow my Seasons, so I have to wait 'til March for University Life..
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited March 2013
    what I did to fix my problem was update my video card,
    edited March 2013
    What is that?
  • friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited March 2013
    my game is pretty much unplayable cause of the crashing

and i just got a new comp :?
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Hunter_JinHunter_Jin Posts: 175
    edited March 2013
    Well I try to remove the CAS Cache but I don't know if that helps
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know if this is your problem as well but my game crashes in CAS when I'm in the female YA everyday category because I have too much content for that. So what I do is as soon as I click clothing in CAS, I click on the shoes tab (because it has less items to load) and then I filter by EP or store content. Filtering loads less at a time and I'm still able to take my time and choose what I want. I haven't crashed in CAS ever since.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't know if this is your problem as well but my game crashes in CAS when I'm in the female YA everyday category because I have too much content for that. So what I do is as soon as I click clothing in CAS, I click on the shoes tab (because it has less items to load) and then I filter by EP or store content. Filtering loads less at a time and I'm still able to take my time and choose what I want. I haven't crashed in CAS ever since.

This is a great tip. Thank you. :thumbup:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited March 2013
    What is that?

Create a sim