Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler Skilling Since Patching

Anyone notice it got a little easier for toddlers? It may just be me, but I have noticed it not taking as long for my toddlers to skill. For example, I potty trained my toddler today and it usually takes 3-4 times to gain the skill, but today it took only 2 times. Playing with the toys was faster, too. I have two toddlers (both not geniuses) and it happened with both. Have you noticed it, too, or am I going crazy?

Comments

• StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited February 2013
    I did kind of think that maybe that was the case, because potty training is my least favorite part of raising toddlers but it only took like 2-3 times, which was unusual.
  • mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I haven't played toddlers for a while but to make potty training go faster you can just spam the interaction
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    edited February 2013
    How do you spam the interaction?
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
    edited February 2013
    How do you spam the interaction?

Just keep doing it over and over until they're potty trained
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I noticed it too but I thought I was just getting more patient in my old age. It seems like it used to take all day to teach them to walk and especially talk. Now it just takes a few hours.
  • SunshineyKittySunshineyKitty Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Ever since the patch ALL my Sims have been learning skills way too quickly. EA needs to fix this because it's gotten incredibly boring when everything that used to take hours to finish is done in ten minutes.
  • AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2013
    I can confirm this issue. My sims started to still very quickly lately. I was tutoring a sim in a skill and they were at level 3 before I could do anything level 4 and five came quickly after.

To test I sat a sim with no painting skill at a drafting board and they were at level 5 before they finished a sketch.

I do have Twallan's master controller and Overwatch installed (Overwatch is supposed to correct these issues, but maybe it's having the opposite effect since the patch). Is anyone using mods?
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2013
    I noticed the same things with 2 new sims since patch 1.50. I also use Twallan's mods. I guess I should try the same sims without the mods to see if there is a difference.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2013
    Glad to see it is not just me. I did notice that I had a sim use the treadmill and he went from 0 to 4 in the time it took another sim to make breakfast. I was thinking maybe I just had it wrong and he had a couple of skill points, but now I know that it is just the rate at which they gain skill points. I do wish it was a little harder, but I definitely appreciate the potty training. LOL...that is also my least favorite part about toddlers!
    edited March 2013
    Now that you mention it, my sim level from 0-5 or 6 in the writing skill in a day! I thought it was because they'd been doing it for a while, but her needs weren't even that low! I didn't really pay attention to my other sims because they have skill specific traits except her so they always learned faster.
  • WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited March 2013
    Honestly this would be wonderful if they kept this... Sims could advance in careers so much quicker this way.

This is one thing I miss from Sims 2 is the ability to fill in the skill bars using the "boolprop" cheats.
  • FlairFlair Posts: 291 New Member
    edited March 2013
    In noticed this with one of my sims athletic skills but I thought it was just him with his trait combination and childhood workouts or something. I liked it for him but if this is happening with all skills it needs to be fixed, I need challenges for my sims and when one workout session on the weight bench got him to athletic level 5, that is not a challenge.
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2013
    I personally don't like my sims skilling up this fast, otherwise they will be maxing out all skills. For me I hope this is fixed.
  • siennasim99siennasim99 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Oolonglong wrote:
    I personally don't like my sims skilling up this fast, otherwise they will be maxing out all skills. For me I hope this is fixed.
    Agreed, it will get boring fast..
  • chiarassichiarassi Posts: 12 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Glad to hear I'm not alone... I hate the way they skill up so fast now, by the time they are YA they have nothing left to learn and it gets really boring.
  • lilgalcherellelilgalcherelle Posts: 354 Member
    edited March 2013
    At first I thought it was a mod I had installed so removed them all but it still went quickly. I suppose it helps my sims prepare themselves for UL but yeah it's getting boring very quickly. My sim won't need to go to uni by the time it comes out because she'll be fully maxed in all skills!
  • jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited March 2013
    yep, Store Contents facilitates TS3 so much more.
  • hannahpracticehannahpractice Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've also noticed this and have mixed feelings about it. I usually set my sims life stages to be exactly the same number of days that they were in the sims 2, (toddler 4, child 8 etc) and sometimes i set it even lower than that because i like my sims aging up quickly, otherwise i get bored. in that situation, them skilling faster is perfect for me.

however if i fancy playing a family who age slowly, some people are right, it does get boring very quickly... so yeah, mixed feelings! :lol:
  • piffloverpifflover Posts: 615 Member
    edited March 2013
    I haven't experienced this is my game. I have the new patch was potty traing my toddler and it took about h same time as usual. The next time I play I will pay more attention. :D
  • KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I'd noticed this too.

However, reading toddler books at the library doesn't seem to have a speed increase like it normally does. This happened to anyone else?
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited March 2013
    Ever since the patch ALL my Sims have been learning skills way too quickly. EA needs to fix this because it's gotten incredibly boring when everything that used to take hours to finish is done in ten minutes.

Aha...I noticed this too. I thought it was something to do with twallan mods...

Hmmmmmmm...so it is something to do with the patching then ?

I agree with you. It's kind of boring to see them gain skill so fast :( without any effort.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2013
    however if i fancy playing a family who age slowly, some people are right, it does get boring very quickly... so yeah, mixed feelings! :lol:

I play on epic with custom tailored days for each age group. It will get so boring if they learn all their skills as children. My toddler sim just aged to a child last night and she already almost maxed the writing skill. Now I have to be super careful about spacing out her skilling. I guess it is good because she has more time to play. I'll see when University comes out how I like it. I might actually be ok with it now that we have more fun activities to do. My sims might be able to finally see a movie or go to the stadium. LOL