Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIP South Port -Sadly CAW messed up please see last post (NEW WORLD) Page 25

Comments

• Options
    fembodfembod Posts: 654 Member
    edited February 2013
    anyone?
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry about your laptop, here's hoping yiu get it up and running again soon. I've only just got my computer fixed so it seems it was your turn for some bad luck. :(

Regarding Auroara Skies, does that mean you'll be using Store content in South Port?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Please forgive the typos, I updated my phone recently and it seems to no longer like this site so I can't edit my posts.:oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I wont be using Store content until i use the world for my personal game. I will just be adding lots that can be used for the features in aurora skies :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ah so you'll just be adding the toddler venue without using the content on other lots? :)
  • Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry that your laptop died on you :/ It's a good thing your world is safe, otherwise this could have been a lot more frustrating! All the new pics look great, and I'm relieved to hear you won't be using store content! Can't wait for it to be out :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Deffo not adding store content, just will add a place for the air balloon, and the kids thing. There will be enough spaces for the rabbitholes anyways :)

Fingers crossed until monday/tuesday :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Would anyone be willing to create some custom weather files?

I dont know how to do this, but would like the weather to be a bit more....well cloudy and not so sunny. haha

Im willing to send someone the world to add the weather (if this can be done?)

I have tried everything and still i cant do it.

Any offers? thanks in advance ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't know how to do this, either, but here's a bump for you :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi the few,

This lack of encouragement and interest for this world has majorly p****ed me off.

i've lost respect for the "acclaimed" world builders when they encourage and praise a square island!

The world will be avilable when its ready for private download.

This isnt a "community"

Thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sorry you're getting stressed out. :( It seems that as you are updating the thread more and more people are showing an interest in South Port. Just because you don't get loads of replies it doesn't mean there aren't lots of lurkers who are watching your progress. You'll be surprised once you upload the world and see how many downloads it gets.

Don't lose hope just yet. ;)
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hello Fembod,

I am sorry you feel as though the community has abandoned you, I suspect you feel it is due to your recent unfortunate computer issues, since you haven't been updating with pictures people haven't been posting as much, I assure you not all of the community are this fickle.

As Alex stated some people are lurkers, I am one of your lurkers, I did comment a long time ago but I have been a silent fan of your work ever since, I check in every day to see what you have done or read what you plan to do. I wish now that I had voiced my enthusiasm for your work as it progressed.

I do love what you have done, I love all your ideas especially the unique news, I have seen people make camp sites in the past but not caravan holiday sites, that was a brilliant idea! I also love the castle even if you didn't build it yourself it was a very British idea indeed ;) I don't think I have ever visited any part of the UK that didn't have a castle in it! The Tudor village is fantastic I always loved the look of tudor homes and if I was anywhere near decent at building, a lot of my sims would be living in them!

I understand you feel let down by the community from the lack of interest as of late, and also understand you feel that they don't deserve to own what you have worked so hard on once it is completed. You have worked hard to keep everyone up to date on every little detail you have added or changed in your world, and they haven't replied to show that they acknowledge your hard work.

I for one would love to play your world one day in my game but I also respect that you want to keep it to yourself after this, it does sadden me but at the end of the day your feelings are what matter most when it comes to your creation.

If you do continue to share images once your computer is fixed I would love to see them, and this time will make more of an effort to comment on them, but if you do not continue this thread I wish you luck in the completion of your world and hope you have just as much fun playing it as you had creating it :)

Happy Simming, and building!

Pixie.

LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I understand you're getting annoyed with a lack of comments - I sometimes get discouraged by it, too. I can only repeat what the two lovely people above me have already said: A lot of people only lurk and hardly ever comment. They're still there though and appreciate ever new update as much as the people who do comment every time :) Who knows how many there are? You'll probably be surprised by the amount of downlaods this'll get once it's up :) I definitely get surprised every time with the amount of votes my blog's heir votes get!

I know it can feel very discouraging, but don't lose faith now. You're so close to finishing this gorgeous world and you've put so much energy into it! It's just not in some people's nature to comment :) Also there's real lives away from this. Sometimes you just come home and can't be bothered. Been there.

They are there, trust me ;)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've also been checking in on your progress with South Port whenever I notice the thread has been posted to recently. I really like my sims to live in city worlds and I love your buildings and creativity. Your English style townhouses are superb and you have a knack for correct city planning it looks like. I love building but definitely don't have the patience to build a custom world from scratch.
    Maybe you can try putting up an unfinished beta at some point so we can check it out first hand. You may be surprised by how many downloads it gets. :wink:
    Don't give up Fembod. You have a wonderful thing going here and there are people who are genuinely interested even though we may not speak up all the time.
    Can I make a suggestion? You should try painting more of the terrain in the city area with the cement block terrain paint. It may seem more cohesive instead of grass in some areas and cement in others. Except where there is a park or a backyard or part of the countryside or a suburb.
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi the few,

This lack of encouragement and interest for this world has majorly p****ed me off.

i've lost respect for the "acclaimed" world builders when they encourage and praise a square island!

The world will be avilable when its ready for private download.

This isnt a "community"

Thanks

I've felt the same way many times, I want people to be excited about my world and see the vision I see. I then look around and see people with 1000s of replys and updates, jealously can be a deeply hurtful to me. I usual plod on in the hope that somebody in the world will enjoy and be pleased with what I build.

When I start building a world I usual ask one question to myself, who is the world for?

The answer I give myself is that I build a world for me, this is my first priority, the second priority is to share the world, even if everybody hated my hard work I would still be happy because the world is for me first. In the dark days when people just ignore my thread and updates I just carry on.

Perhaps a good tip for you, is that everybody who showcases a work in progress, you try to find the time to encourage other people, by doing so, some of them will be more likely to view your work and leave comments about your world. You can start with me if you like:-

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/520093.page

Anyway I viewed your world in the early stages and made a few comments about how good the world is, I've been silent about your progress and yes I've viewed every update you made since then.
    My opinion of this world as not much changed since I last viewed the world, it looks really impressive and I'm really looking forward to downloading the world.
    I'm very impressed with the layout of the world. The top down picture you did on page 18 really shows the vision of the world.

Well done and keep up the great work. :D
  • Options
    GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I have also been one of your lurkers. It makes me feel bad that I never commented, because then you post about how nobody cares. I love how your world looks. Even though I most likely will not be downloading it, I still like watching your progress :)
  • Options
    MONKEY97MONKEY97 Posts: 65
    edited February 2013
    I'm another lurker!
    I love how this world looks, beautiful in every aspect. Your builds are fantastic and original. Enjoy every picture you post! :D
  • Options
    LamareLamare Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi! I've seen many worlds on this site, and your world looks different. Like it very much! I hope you'll continue to work on it :roll:

I'll be watching :wink:
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2013
    I just found this world today and have looked through all the images and I am really liking what I see, you have an amazing since of detail.

I was thinking about your Custom Weather and found a couple things that may help you.

If you scroll down and look at this link http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.tw/ this person has made some really, amazing weather type effects.

When you Download and look at her files you can pick and choose the ones you want to use. You may find a combination of files that will make your World look as you like. Now these are .package files however and simply need dropped into your Mod's folder and will only work if the World is installed and able to be played in game.

Also this link http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/649934.page offers some INI files pulled from the recent world Aurora Skies that just need imported to work through CAW.

Another option is this link, found by Stw http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=488621 and I'm not sure how it works but it might help you get the effects you want.

I hope these help and I'm sorry how your feeling. It makes me sad when I see these great Worlds and no one or not many people comment on them. So I try to let skilled creators like you know how much I respect and love your Work.

I've seen a lot of amazing Worlds that I just love and hardly any comments on them, sometimes I think people forget how much heart, soul and Work you guys put into making these Worlds.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The lurkers have come out in force. :D Don't lose hope, we're all still watching this thread and we're all still interested in South Port. :)
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Dude chill!
    You haven't updated in ages. You said yourself you had computer issues so where are we supposed to comment?

It's good the lurkers have come out in encouragment but I'm not one of them, don't have a hissy fit because you are not getting as much comments as "square worlds". Most of which aren't square btw. Have you seen Ziwi Bonde?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Dude chill!
    You haven't updated in ages. You said yourself you had computer issues so where are we supposed to comment?

It's good the lurkers have come out in encouragment but I'm not one of them, don't have a hissy fit because you are not getting as much comments as "square worlds". Most of which aren't square btw. Have you seen Ziwi Bonde?

Some people have social lives, work, and such, so your comment seems a little unfair to me :shock: Give him a break, he's been working a lot on this. He's not having a hissy fit, he's feeling discouraged. Comments like yours aren't going to encourage him to update any time soon.

~MischiefTheKitten
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Very sorry to hear about the laptop-and also sorry that I forgot to make custom weather files for you like I proposed before-if you'd like I could make them probably by Monday at latest.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hope you haven't given up Fembod. :( Did you get your laptop fixed?
  • Options
    cheekyrowrow12cheekyrowrow12 Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    i'm thinking maybe some-sort of semi-detached properties, detachted properties and maybe a few more like council-estate blocks of flats????? :?: :?: :?: