Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inspiring Creativity Contests

Comments

• ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2013
    ScifiSOS wrote:
    I'm giving this a try. Reading, Writing, and perhaps drawing. But I have nooo idea what to submit really. And the writing bit confuses me. It's only 600 words right? on the file we submit? Not sure what to write about *le sigh*

I believe you are correct. However I was reading the FAQ and it says that the contest ends on February 15th. When I read this on the night before, I was rushed to submit my entry, because I thought it would of end the next day, which it's supposed to..

So, i'm just confused, the contest is still on? I wish I knew that it was, so I wouldn't of had to rush :(

guuh I'm confused. i'll have to re-read the stuff. I wish they would show the entries though, it be nice to see what ppl came up with
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited February 2013
    The contest was in two parts; the individual categories to win all the goodies (but that part's closed now) and the second part is a seperate contest to win a trip to EA studios...this latter part is still open so you can submit you story or pics etc. the 600word limit is for the question about how ea inspires you. Your story should be on a seperate document.
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    edited February 2013
    Looks like we've got 2 days left! I can't wait, I'm so excited to see the entries/winners!

Luckily I don't work the day that its all being announced! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • BARBIEBOYBARBIEBOY Posts: 20 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm actually happy it's very few people that entered, more chance 4 us lol! I entered in photography & I really hope I win, recently broke my camera & a brand new 1 would be amazing for new idea's I have brewing in my mind, good luck to you all & hopefully we all walk away with something :):D
  • berres88berres88 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone know when they will be posting the entries online for this contest??

I'm so excited about this contest! I saw it the day they posted it and had immediately started drawing a large scale picture, with some fancy new markers I just bought. I spent all the way to the end date working on that picture and spent so much time conceptualizing what the image would be so I could win that AMAZING drawing tablet.

Like wow, if I had one of those I could finally start doing the digital illustration I've always been meaning to do! I hope I win!

My picture is essentially a drawing of how The Sims inspires me. Like the inspiration I get while playing, its hard to explain, but the computer is drawn as a house, that opens up, causing "the game" to spill out into the real world.

Wish me luck everyone, and good luck to you all!
    edited February 2013
    I'm wondering when they'll announce it as well. I thought it said today?
    I'm in California, and it's only 11:45am right now, so maybe it's too early?
    zv7sly.jpg
    edited February 2013
    They did say today... I knew they would run over :( I suppose there's still a couple of hours left in the working day but I don't think this thread is in any way an accurate representation of how many entries they got so I wouldn't be surprised if they're still filtering through them all >_<

Well, I'll be in the corner waiting (Im)patiently, lol. Can't wait to see if anyone I know gets into the finalists!!
    edited February 2013
    Ugh! :( 5:10 now and still nothing! lol I went to the site where you could enter in the first place and it says to "come back on Feb 25th to vote" So is that why it's taking so long? Also, there is no button or anything to click in order for me to vote.

Maybe I can't since I entered?? Idk, I just wish they'd announce it. lol :mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited February 2013
    They're up now to vote.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

edited February 2013
    I feel cheated, how do u ask people to submit their stories when ur staff picked what they wanted and posted the entries ? It should be a equal opportunity for all of our stories to be seen a voted on, not what THEY Feel is the best. This was a total waste of time and a reason to promote university life :roll:
    edited February 2013
    BARBIEBOY wrote:
    I feel cheated, how do u ask people to submit their stories when ur staff picked what they wanted and posted the entries ? It should be a equal opportunity for all of our stories to be seen a voted on, not what THEY Feel is the best. This was a total waste of time and a reason to promote university life :roll:

I would have preferred if it was just the staff picking the winners outright. I hate competitions where the public votes on things because then it just becomes a competition to see who is more popular on social media sites, not who has the best submission.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am completely bumped! :( My sister and I entered 3 of the contests, and not even in one :(

I know there are lots of other people that entered, but I really felt that we had a chance. :(

Some of the entries that are in the finals, I'm sorry buy just don't deserve it. I was expecting MUCH MORE to some of the entries in the writing category.
    edited February 2013
    BARBIEBOY wrote:

I agree with you 100%. They only care about the game, and should of at least congratulated everyone on entering, even if we didn't make it.
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone noticed that -Say-H3ll0- is in both, the Art and Design & Engineering Category?

From what i heard, you can enter all 5, but only be in 1. This is extremely unfair. It really is. I am shocked to see this. That's just terrible. Terrible. That made me even more bumped. NOT FAIR.
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone noticed that -Say-H3ll0- is in both, the Art and Design & Engineering Category?

From what i heard, you can enter all 5, but only be in 1. This is extremely unfair. It really is. I am shocked to see this. That's just terrible. Terrible. That made me even more bumped. NOT FAIR.

I totally agree , the rules seems as they don't apply, the whole contest was pointless as far as I'm concerned, this was stupid and the EA saff is not caring AT ALL!
    edited February 2013
    Wow. Just wow.

Honestly, not to sound full of it or anything, but I thought I had a REALLY good chance. I'm not mad, just bummed too. & the fact that one person is in more than one category seems like crap. I mean.. I've been doing photography for years. I know I'm darn good at what I do, and it just sucks that the rest of us weren't even congratulated, or mentioned as entries. :(:(

Idk, I guess my husband & I were right. I felt it would be some weird catch or issue with it when it came to the end of the contest.
    zv7sly.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Not to mention, some of the finalists only have like 1-3 photos. wasn't the limit 6? why not go all in and post all you could? that's what I did. & I looked through my stuff for forever to pick what I thought was best, and would make the biggest impact.

I have over 5000 photos on my computer alone. It took quite awhile to look through all my work. >.<
    zv7sly.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I don't get it. I'm not tearing people down to build myself up because I didn't even enter these ones (I only entered the trip one) but some of the photos are really badly done. I'm not a photographer, but even I could take much better photos.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

edited February 2013
    I agree but facts are facts, the photography SUCKS! Goes to show how much we mean to EA!
    edited February 2013
    BARBIEBOY wrote:

You weren't cheated; they actually stated clear as day that this would be how the contest would be judged... Was I really the only one to read the rules?

One thing I noticed was that the 600word written part of each entry is quite well written and interesting. I think perhaps the answer to the question was more important than the work we submitted - or at least more important than I realised :/ really wish I'd spent more time on that part now instead of focussing on the attachments.

I wouldn't have minded the same person being in two categories if it were two seperate entries but they used the same pics in both which seems like a massive oversight on EA's part to have chosen them twice. Alas, what's done is done and I'm super happy to see a friend has been nominated (and seems to be a favourite). I love their entry too so I can vote for them with a clear conscience :D

ETA: on the photography, I <3 the ladybugs getting it on pic :p i might be biased because I love that colour combo but I would buy a print of that for my wall, lol
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited March 2013
    BARBIEBOY wrote:
    I agree but facts are facts, the photography SUCKS! Goes to show how much we mean to EA!

half the people probably just did a quick google image search anyway
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 2013
    I was shocked and delighted to discover the other day that I'm a finalist! :D It really was an incredible surprise and made my day! I do sympathize with everyone who didn't get selected. :( I hope EA will continue to hold this competition each year, so you all have another chance.

I also wish they had created a gallery to display *all* of the entries, so that we could admire each other's work; I'd love to see more of the submissions. Maybe people could upload their images to Photobucket and post links here? Same thing for their videos, etc.? I'd love to see your stuff! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited March 2013
    zv7sly.jpg
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for posting your photos, Kid. I really enjoyed them. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • HarvardBrilliantHarvardBrilliant Posts: 14
    edited March 2013
    According to the FAQ, I'll get a confirmation email after I submit my entry. But I don't actually get anything other than a pop up that says my entry successfully submitted. So, is there any way for me to know if my entry is received?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top