Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Expansions installed but not showing up on Game Launcher

I have installed Sims 3, Ambitions, World Adventure, and High End Loft stuff. I thought I installed High End Loft package, but it in the only bubble not colored in on my The Sims 3 Game Launcher, and I don't see any of the items in the game. What gives? Is there an easy way to fix this. I have recently moved to Raleigh and left the expansion disc in Connecticut with my family. Any tips to trigger my downloaded expansion even though the bubble is dimmed on the launcher. Thanks!

Best,

Emily

Comments

• Options
    TeeJay09876TeeJay09876 Posts: 220
    edited September 2010
    I have found with most games that the button on the bar below always stays at the first game button which is the green diamond with the three. When you click it what dose the start up page say?
  • Options
    habanerohdhabanerohd Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey.. just want to say I have the same problem.. World Adventures, High End Loft, Ambitions installed.
  • Options
    jameesnufferjameesnuffer Posts: 762 New Member
    edited October 2010
    make sure they are installed in the order they came out. update them, and click on the icon that was last installed. For problems if you need help with the espanshion, call your family get the code and unistall it. register it. and download it through the ea download manager. If you have problems contact ea.com and access the help live chat. let them know your download problem and they should be abel to let you access your digital download. But for refrence any exspanshion last installed you must have the last disk to play the game.
  • Options
    bw2894bw2894 Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Have you solved this problem because I am facing the same thing now?
    I haven't updated to the latest patch yet when I installed 70s stuff and I couldn't open the game (the launcher worked). So i uninstalled and reinstalled them again and now, I only have Sims 3 base game on my launcher: no icons for other expansions pack whatsoever… :(
    Still searching for the solutions.
    Thank you :(

P.S.The platform is Mac btw… (if that will make any difference for the solutions)
  • Options
    ebabygebabyg Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I have the exact same problem as bw94...i am a sims fiend and i NEED to play
  • Options
    erowland93erowland93 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    All of y'alls problems might be because you aren't patched to 1.48. 1.50 hasn't been released yet, and my boyfriend had the same problem. He actually installed the base game and Seasons the other day and had that problem. I have the superpatch download icon and I copied it to a flashdrive and installed it onto his Macbook. I know this doesn't solve the problem, but this might be the reason y'all are having this problem. They took the 1.48 superpatch down for Mac users the same day they released the 1.50 patch for PC users. :(
  • Options
    rosescoutyrosescouty Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    I'm having a similar problem. I've installed up to Pets and none of the other EPs and SPs that I own will show up in the launcher when installed. Even when not installed, it doesn't even show the rest of the EPs and SPs dimmed like it usually would.

I've done a numerous amount of clean uninstalling and reinstalling, updating after each install, but it just will not work. If I install passed Pets and press play from the launcher it seems like the game will start up, but just crashes and quits.

I have the most GBs you can get with a MacBook Pro and it's only a year old. I had them all installed previously and worked fine, I just did a clean uninstall because I had a weird glitch with the patterns. I've never had CC or Mods either. I'm dying without being able to play and University Life is just around the corner. I also can't even download anything from The Sims 3 Store that I've purchased, it just won't go into my launcher. I've installed everything in order and tried numerous things to fix it.

Do you think the new patch that's going to be released will maybe fix this?

It says my game is up to date, but the version says: 10.0.96.013001

Anyone have any ideas or a similar situation? I feel like I'm the only one with this problem.
  • Options
    aurora_660aurora_660 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    In my experience the best thing to do in this case is uninstall everything. Without updating through the automatic updater (Click no when prompted to update) install the game and the EP's/SP's in the order they came out. After they're all installed, relaunch the launcher and install the update. Right now, because of patching issues, you'll only get to patch 1.22.

• Options
    rosescoutyrosescouty Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    I tried that twice and once it made the launcher mostly see-through and wouldn't really work or I'd get an "unknown error has occurred" message pop-up when trying to play. I've uninstalled at least 11 times over the past few days.
  • Options
    aurora_660aurora_660 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    rosescouty wrote:
    I tried that twice and once it made the launcher mostly see-through and wouldn't really work or I'd get an "unknown error has occurred" message pop-up when trying to play. I've uninstalled at least 11 times over the past few days.

Wow. I'd think old data could be part of that. The uninstaller doesn't remove EVERYTHING. ha Maybe just wait for the new patch then(1.50) I hear it could be today. ;)
  • Options
    zhuusoxzhuusox Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Hey everyone!

I am having a bit of a problem. Like most of you have faced with, I have bought a expansion pack "Dragon Valley" through my account on this website, download it, and installed it on the Sims 3 launcher and it doesn't show or mention when I play even though it see the contents of it in "Installed Contents".

Can anyone please help me with this? What should I do? Who do I go to for this little dilemma?
  • Options
    rlili123rlili123 Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    Me too!! I installed Into the Future, and it was a success! But when I opened the launcher, the bubble wasn't filled in and when I launched the game, it played the last expansion I installed! (Island Paradise) Please help!! :(:(:(:cry: