Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, I'm getting annoyed. Where's the 1.50 Patch?

Comments

• Options
    TaylorLea32TaylorLea32 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited February 2013
    You would think that they would see this conversation and do something. If I ran a company I wouldn't want un happy customers and especially conversations going on about it. Apple computers are so common and I believe more and more popular everyday. I'm just truly saddened that EA would allow them to keep customers so unhappy. I've played the sims since the very first one, which is more than half of my life and I'm very disappointed that such lack of care would go on.
  • Options
    JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's been so long that our problems are going unfixed that i'm starting to wonder if EA even knows how to fix the game.

Maybe that's why they're stalling :shock:
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited February 2013
    Joybearr wrote:
    It's been so long that our problems are going unfixed that i'm starting to wonder if EA even knows how to fix the game.

Maybe that's why they're stalling :shock:

Good point. I too am starting to believe this.
  • Options
    candelsjr1candelsjr1 Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    Here is the deal all Mac users. Stop giving your money to EA. EA is a profit making company. All the start up gaming companies that have passion, heart and really care about their work are being strong held and bought up by EA. As long as their profit margins are up they will never care about their customers just how many units can they sell. Most mac customer is so happy that EA made one brief announcement about the new patch that may come days to weeks. Also, the whole Origin downloadable games that are now available on Mac is not there way of saying hey Mac customers we hear you. They did that because the new iMacs that where released not to long ago do not have optical drives and the the 13 and 15 inch mac book pros are soon to follow. Its profit before quality. There profits would have gone down because with out optical drives there is no way to install the games. I love playing sims as much as the other simmers but as BlueBell keeps posting let your money speak and stop spending on a company that puts profit before quality. I would just like some truthful communication from EA. If something is wrong tell us but that will never happen because the suits will not allow it. I.m hoping with the rest of you that some kind of resolution is just around the corner but I am not holding my breath. With the games I do have I'll play them the best I can but I will not spend another dime on the company for some time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    badwolf1026badwolf1026 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm not buying anything else but I want this patch so that I can use the stuff that I already did buy. Or was given as a gift.
    I've had Seasons since Christmas and I can't play it.

I'm unlikely to buy UL, as much as I want it because I've seen how often the mac versions work. Their disregard for their Mac customers is disgusting.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited February 2013
    candelsjr1 wrote:
    Here is the deal all Mac users. Stop giving your money to EA. EA is a profit making company. All the start up gaming companies that have passion, heart and really care about their work are being strong held and bought up by EA. As long as their profit margins are up they will never care about their customers just how many units can we sell. Most mac customer is so happy that EA made one brief announcement about the new patch that may come days to weeks. Also, the whole Origin downloadable games that are now available on Mac is not there way of saying hey Mac customers we hear you. They did that because the new iMacs that where released not to long ago do not have optical drives and the the 13 and 15 inch mac book pros are soon to follow. Its profit before quality. There profits would have gone down because with out optical drives there is no way to install the games. I love playing sims as much as the other simmers but as BlueBell keeps posting let your money speak and stop spending on a company that puts profit before quality. I would just like some truthful communication from EA. If something is wrong tell us but that will never happen because the suits will not allow it. I.m hoping with the rest of you that some kind of resolution is just around the corner but I am not holding my breath. With the games I do have I'll play them the best I can but I will not spend another dime on the company for some time.

There's no way in he.ll I'm buying UL unless this patch fixes everything, which it probably won't. Also, I'm going to check how other Mac users are doing with the game before I buy it. I have Seasons uninstalled, and I haven't had one crash yet. I've played for 3 hrs (haven't had a chance to play more), and CAS doesn't crash for me. It just sucks that I even have to uninstall in the first place. EA is really living in La La Land, if they think we're that stupid to believe their BS. Sadly, there will be Mac users that will buy anything EA puts out regardless. My question is: Why waste your hard earned money, or your parents hard earned money, on a game that doesn't work? What's the point?

Nevertheless, EA will make money no matter what. I think EA is full of incompetent monkeys...scratch that (I don't want to offend the monkeys)...IDIOTS that know nothing about Mac. Why did EA discontinue with Aspyr? It worked great with TS2! Just goes to show you how absolutely idiotic these people are. Knock, Knock EA! Do you not realize that you were rated WORST COMPANY OF 2012! And you wonder why :roll: ... charging $45 dollars for a freaking premium content WORLD not EP, but WORLD. Money, money, money, money, money, money, money...and there's still people out there who think it's worth it :shock: WAKE UP! You can get the same value (sometimes even better) worlds over at the exchange. And guess what THEY'RE FREE. That's a whole other topic though...

Okay rant over :D
  • Options
    badwolf1026badwolf1026 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I miss Aspyr, they did beautiful high quality ports of the games. I never had any problems with the games they ported. But then again, I suppose it costs more to send the game to them and EA is probably all about making money and not spending it. :(
  • Options
    SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2013
    candelsjr1 wrote:
    Here is the deal all Mac users. Stop giving your money to EA. EA is a profit making company. All the start up gaming companies that have passion, heart and really care about their work are being strong held and bought up by EA. As long as their profit margins are up they will never care about their customers just how many units can they sell. Most mac customer is so happy that EA made one brief announcement about the new patch that may come days to weeks. Also, the whole Origin downloadable games that are now available on Mac is not there way of saying hey Mac customers we hear you. They did that because the new iMacs that where released not to long ago do not have optical drives and the the 13 and 15 inch mac book pros are soon to follow. Its profit before quality. There profits would have gone down because with out optical drives there is no way to install the games. I love playing sims as much as the other simmers but as BlueBell keeps posting let your money speak and stop spending on a company that puts profit before quality. I would just like some truthful communication from EA. If something is wrong tell us but that will never happen because the suits will not allow it. I.m hoping with the rest of you that some kind of resolution is just around the corner but I am not holding my breath. With the games I do have I'll play them the best I can but I will not spend another dime on the company for some time.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but just a quick point you can download the game without Origin. I've been getting mine from inside mac games store and I think other people have downloaded them from other stores.

I suspect that EA are preparing to do away with physical copies at some point in the future and Origin is a way they can make a larger profit rather than selling the games through a second party.
  • Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am really bored with EA. Alright, you win EA. I am done with you. You got my money and I got a CD box full of S***! I will never, EVER buy a single S*** you release unless you fix all the crap you caused. You could just erase the "Comptible with Macs" sign on the boxes that we won't have to wait any longer. I'VE HAD ENOUGH! I want this patch in this week. Don't you think 4 months isn't long enough to annoy customers? F***, who am I talking to anyway? Like you'll read this.
  • Options
    ashjack20ashjack20 Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2013
    SimNow wrote:
    candelsjr1 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but just a quick point you can download the game without Origin. I've been getting mine from inside mac games store and I think other people have downloaded them from other stores.

I suspect that EA are preparing to do away with physical copies at some point in the future and Origin is a way they can make a larger profit rather than selling the games through a second party.

Most gaming companies are in the works to do away with actual disks. As you've stated, any Mac past 2011 (Maybe even late 2010) no longer has an optical drive to play the disk versions anyway. Everything is becoming digital. Steam even sells The Sims 3 games in digital format for PC. It won't be long before they offer Mac versions, as they have with their other games.

Keep in mind that there are a few people in the forums who have gotten their game to work or haven't had any problems at all. Also, with the use of Bootcamp that is offered on the Mac as another option, for people who need to use Windows for any other purposes, it's another way to play the game as well.

My game has been working for 3 solid months (*knocks on as much wood as possible*), but that's because I took the time to make the game work on my Mac with the help of people like BlueBellFlora and many Mac users. I know many people say that we shouldn't have to try and fix it ourselves, but if you REALLY want to play your game that you paid real money for, then you need to find other options and take what advice is offered by other fans. BlueBellFlora and many others have stated this several times and I agree with them. If you have no other way of playing, even after trying to fix it yourself, then you have every right to rant.

I'm still not going to buy University Life when it comes out, unless the few Mac users who do buy it can actually play without any problems. Even then, I still may not buy it. I agree that the only way for them to take us seriously is to stop buying the games/content/etc.

But, don't get so angry and ***** when they don't release a patch fast enough. If you want it to work, then let them take their time with it. I think they know they're on a thin line with Mac users. We have more power than you think.
  • Options
    junegloomjunegloom Posts: 30 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I bought my MacBook Pro to play video games because I needed the disk drive, if I would have known that there was going to be origins for mac I wouldn't have needed the Pro version because of EA's wonderful disk to digital conversion site. Yes I actually like something EA did. It's neat how you can give them the Registration Code in order to be able to get digital copies. I cannot tell you how many disks I ruined through normal usage and can no longer use (almost all of my sims 2 games... :( )
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    candelsjr1 wrote:

You DO know that they make external disk drives, right? Pretty sure they made Origin for mac because people have been asking about it, not because there was no other way to play. I have a macbook air that doesn't have a cd drive and I've still been playing, and I just downloaded Origin last night.

I don't completely disagree with you, but there will always be people that buy from EA.. a post like this isn't gonna stop every mac user from buying any more games just to spite EA.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    vandettecayvandettecay Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    You guys, I've had a pc my whole life until recently when I purchased my macbook pro. To me, the game runs much smoother on a mac. Pc users have their own share of problems, just as we do.
  • Options
    candelsjr1candelsjr1 Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    I do know that you can buy an external optical drive but thats just more hardware that people will not end up buying. They could have given us this features a year ago but did not. My post was not meant to tell everyone to not spend their money on EA. It was for those that kept getting upset about spending all their money and these games. I get that a work around would to use bootcamp... but again why should Mac users have to spend extra money. I do hope that EA will do the right thing and just communicate with us not just give us the run around.
  • Options
    erowland93erowland93 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, my problems must not be as bad as every other Mac user. My game DOES crash, but I save every two sim days and every time I exit CAS or Build/Buy mode. So my game lasts around two hours. It does freeze every now and then, and I also have to "Save" and then "Exit" not "Save and Exit" or it won't save. But those things aren't too problematic. When I had a PC, nothing ever went wrong. But I love the way TS3 looks on Macs. So, personally, these problems aren't that big of a deal to me. Granted, I do want these problems to get fixed. So hopefully the reason they are taking so long is because they are working out the big kinks. They are obviously not going to be able to fix EVERYONE's problems, but the main problems will hopefully get fixed with this new patch.
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited February 2013
    Why are all of you complaining and yelling at EA about this? How do you all know for sure that they aren't working on the problem?

Just because it isn't fixed does not in any way mean that they are ignoring it. For all we know, the problem is extremely difficult and they are trying to fix it.

I guess I'm not that upset because my game is playable and doesn't crash that often, especially if I'm in a new neighborhood.
  • Options
    killaartgrlkillaartgrl Posts: 28
    edited February 2013
    Why are all of you complaining and yelling at EA about this? How do you all know for sure that they aren't working on the problem?

Just because it isn't fixed does not in any way mean that they are ignoring it. For all we know, the problem is extremely difficult and they are trying to fix it.

I guess I'm not that upset because my game is playable and doesn't crash that often, especially if I'm in a new neighborhood.

You are really lucky then if your game doesn't crash. I am pretty calm about the patch because I'm sure it will come out this week before university gets released. If it doesn't get released before university is released then I will be pretty upset.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited February 2013
    I called customer service on Friday (a long 2 hours) and found out that the mac side of the games are contracted out to a different company. EA just puts their stamp on it. This is why it takes extra time for things to come out and may also relate to why there are extra bugs.

Also when I called, they had thought a patch had been put up for anyone who had recently purchased to be patched up to at least 1.46. It was supposed to be up as of 1 pm EST, but has never been put up. The 2 people I spoke with seemed to think the 1.5 patch would be out this week, but couldn't promise (as usual) on a release date. Their notes said it was in the final stages though.

Hope this puts some of your minds at ease.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited February 2013
    veiledstar wrote:
    I called customer service on Friday (a long 2 hours) and found out that the mac side of the games are contracted out to a different company. EA just puts their stamp on it. This is why it takes extra time for things to come out and may also relate to why there are extra bugs.

Also when I called, they had thought a patch had been put up for anyone who had recently purchased to be patched up to at least 1.46. It was supposed to be up as of 1 pm EST, but has never been put up. The 2 people I spoke with seemed to think the 1.5 patch would be out this week, but couldn't promise (as usual) on a release date. Their notes said it was in the final stages though.

Hope this puts some of your minds at ease.

Thank you so much for this info. I hope EA will release the patch sometime this week.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hopefully it will be this week, at a guess it can't be any later than the 5th since I don't think UL will work without it.
  • Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Just opened my game now and a software update window popped up. :shock: Could this be it? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    herec0mesth3sunherec0mesth3sun Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Just opened my game now and a software update window popped up. Could this be it?

I think so! It is taking a LONG time! I figure the longer it takes to download, the more it will fix...right? RIGHT?!?!?! Sigh.

*fingers crossed so tight they might fall off*

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Crosses fingers.
  • Options
    SailorgreenylizSailorgreenyliz Posts: 107 Member
    edited February 2013
    Update downloading!!
    Origin ID - Sailorgreenyliz
    - Sims 4 Legacy The Green Legacy
  • Options
    herec0mesth3sunherec0mesth3sun Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    10 minutes later from my post and still only 2/3's through...and had been going for 5-10 minutes before that...this is definitely substantial!