Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy cheating for Sim money or earning it?

Comments

• kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    I've never really understood that argument. 90% of what we do in Sims - go to work, cook dinner, do the dishes, take a shower, do laundry, tend the garden, take a whazz etc etc is stuff that we have to do in real life that is a bit of a chore, but we choose to do in Sims anyway.

Well, I guess I don't really like to do those either. I often hire a maid for example. And there is a difference between those things and money. In real life, I have to live on what I earn. Luckily, I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either. I still can't afford to buy and do all the things I'd like to. So, I guess I want my sims to have a chance to have a great big house and a maid, while I live in an appartment and do my own dishes and cleaning.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2013
    Both, but I normally do Cheat...lol, if I want to create a really WEALTHY Sim I use this cheat: you have to use: testingCheatsenabled true, familyFunds (type in Sur name/last nameof your sim)999999999 999999 999 999 999 enter

You have to Type it prcisely so, leave 1 space between familyFunds and your sim's surname/last name and 1 space right after the sim's name and the amount of simmillions....have fun!

I also use these cheats to help me with buildings/ building on lots:
    testingCheatsenabled true
    Moveobjects on
    buydebug on
    EnableLotLocking true - THEN CLICK THE BLUE LOCK IN THE LOT WINDOW..This is for WA and maybe Uni Life...
    RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off(this turns it on)
    constrainFloorElevation true(turns it off), false(turns it on)BEWARE OF THIS CHEAT IT CAN DISTORT BUILDINGS IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT, EXPERIMENT WITH IT ON A FEW WALL,FLOORS ON SEPERATE LOT FIRST...
    Grab a buy object+ALT to move it anywhere, turn it anyway you want...Hold theALT in while holing object...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited February 2013
    I like to earn my own money. After 1 generation my sims usually become quite rich. I don't think it is as fun to cheat and get the money, I like my sims to earn money.
  • elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2013
    As you have read from my previous post, I just love building Houses, Mansions etc..For Proper House Building I do need the cheats...But sometimes I like to create a poor sim with just a shabby little house,grungy looking...then I don't use cheats at all just to see what will happen in the story... :D
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to hear some more opinions. I feel both ways, it just depends on what mood I'm in when I play. Sometimes I want to make my sim start out with nothing, work their way up to fabulous - and I feel awesome. Other times, I just get ton of sim dollars/points and build a mansion and skip all the hard stuff.

What do you prefer? Working for it? Or, cheats? :)

Be honest. :evil:

I think you and I play the same way. It depends on how I want the story to go. I can start them from scratch in a small home and work their way up, hone their skills, earn their money and upgrade when they can or I can "motherlode" the living crap out of them and make 'em live large and in charge. lol. It really depends on what I am looking to achieve. I like to mix it up.
  • FinwitchFinwitch Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd say it depends. If I do, it's usually spent on building. Or if I want to give them the spellbook. Might be simpler to build/buy first and use freerealestate though...
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited February 2013
    Earning. It's to easy otherwise. Also hate the inheritance ltr and the genie lamp. They also make it to easy. I did it, got bored with it. :wink:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • taylor7878taylor7878 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2013
    I use motherlode but they still have jobs and work there way up the ladder.

going to try it without cheating when my current sim dies.
  • neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited February 2013
    Cheats all the way baby 8) I cheat with all of my families, I'm pretty broke in real life as it is and have no real interest in having my sims go through the daily grind to get some money, I want them to live in paradise and work only because they want to not because they need to! Plus my favourite thing to do in the sims is decorate, working with a tiny budget would take all the fun out of that for me.

I remember once I did have a game with no cheats at all, it was okay and I eventually built them a big house when they had the funds but I found the game boring overall and hated having to have them live in such an ugly boring house for so long.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't use money cheats but I do cheat for money. I move my sims into a house I have in my library that has everything they need, including the fridge from the culinary career and several money trees, using freerealestate.

I don't like my sims to work. I want them home where I can see them at all times and making babies for me :D
  • menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's weird, I cannot use the money cheat, no matter what I can't use it, feels to much like cheating. However, I have absolutely no problem using any other cheats. I play with testingcheats onand I'm always hiking up those little green bars.
  • MartuniMartuni Posts: 702 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm with neon_wild - CHEATS ALL THE WAY! I love building, decorating and landscaping and need money for that. I love my wacky Sims to have whatever they want, including Broomhilda AND a butler to take care of chores. They've all got Simmunity, steel bladders, no bills ever, etc.

I have played with no cheats once or twice, once getting to the fourth generation beginning with a writer who lived in the library for quite a while, lol. Another time I built a peasant shack and had a couple who had to scrounge a living by gardening, fishing and collecting.

I view cheating/not cheating as choices offered by the game, not "good" or "bad" ways to play. Each to his own!
  • manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited February 2013
    I use money cheats all the time. But it is usually because of the "back story" for the household I am creating, demands they have certain things in thier life when they start in the world... aww who am I kidding, I shower all my sims with everything they could ever want! :mrgreen:
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited February 2013
    I used to build my houses then use the freerealestate cheat to move my sims into the house of my choice. I didn't have to work for their money, I just had to maintain enough money to pay bills etc.

Recently, I started the Legacy Challenge, and I have to say...I really enjoy earning the money my sims are making so much more than cheating.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited February 2013
    I like them to earn their money. I cheat to make the house and use a test Sim but once I'm done i boot the test Sim out and it sits there waiting for my Sims to afford it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's so easy to earn money in this game that I don't use the money cheats. I sometimes will use freerealestate to move a Sim into a home, but that's it. My current family (Rachel Alvi from Lunar Lakes) has 1.3 million simoleans largely due to the family dog. She likes to bring home Tiberium. Once we use the new gem cutter from Supernatural, we can even place the gem dust on the ground and it will grow into crystals. And once the family starts buying venues, the income is even better.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    I remember once I did have a game with no cheats at all, it was okay and I eventually built them a big house when they had the funds but I found the game boring overall and hated having to have them live in such an ugly boring house for so long.

I know what you mean. Even though my sims normally have jobs, I use money cheats, because I hate to have them live in crappy houses with ugly furniture. That's usually the reason I normally always end up using the money cheat. Like when I tried to play without cheats with my magician, and she had already reached the top of her career, but still couldn't afford a really nice house. So, I just did the motherlode a few times, and moved her to a nice house :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to hear some more opinions. I feel both ways, it just depends on what mood I'm in when I play. Sometimes I want to make my sim start out with nothing, work their way up to fabulous - and I feel awesome. Other times, I just get ton of sim dollars/points and build a mansion and skip all the hard stuff.

What do you prefer? Working for it? Or, cheats? :)

Be honest. :evil:

I enjoy both ways depending on how I want to play. Sometimes I play with no cheats whatsoever. On the other hand if I plan to play a certain scenario that requires more money for a house and furnishing then I will increase the family funds ( freeRealEstate is a money cheat). Besides money cheats I'll cheat in any way necessary to get the situation I want to play but don't generally cheat at all past the initial setup, except of course for my mods. :)

• Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2013
    AlienTwins wrote:
    kati77 wrote:
    I use the cheats. I have to work and pay bills in real life and I don't want to do it in the game. :lol:

That's so true! I completely agree :)

I've never really understood that argument. 90% of what we do in Sims - go to work, cook dinner, do the dishes, take a shower, do laundry, tend the garden, take a whazz etc etc is stuff that we have to do in real life that is a bit of a chore, but we choose to do in Sims anyway.

You are entitled of your opinion. I choose to use cheats. Have a great day. :lol: :P
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    Earning because I'm rich in no time.
  • ChloeGreenwood27ChloeGreenwood27 Posts: 148
    edited February 2013
    For me it really depend, I was forcing myself not to use cheat but the amount of money you earn at the lowest position is rediculous! So I sorta compromised on my latest game, I cheated to buy a nice house, furnished etc because I only have pets a need pet stuff to, so I ended up with 50 000 left over so I spend all the money then made my sim get a job xD
  • boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    edited February 2013
    :thumbup: I use cheats, mods and cc's. Like others have stated in real life I work very hard for the money and it's a stress reliever to have anything I want in the game. I like to think of the game as a Startrek life where money and jobs to make a living have been eliminated and people are free to explore skills, knowledge and fun.
  • SimplyRedSimplyRed Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2013
    I prefer my Sims to earn their money, although in the past I have occasionally used cheats.
  • ShoangShoang Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would not say I enjoy cheating but do I? “Yes”..

Don’t think I have ever loaded the Sims game without testing cheats enabled set to “True”.
  • feebleone234feebleone234 Posts: 158
    edited February 2013

there never a need to cheat

1 get a fridge & always have quick meals + free!

2 go to shop & buy apples,tomatoes grapes & lettuce & plant & grow them

3 buy the water sprinkler & leave it going all night

All 3 = really cheap renewable food
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top