Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea for a new Skill - BAKING

I was just playing TS3 and I thought... Y'know what's missing? Baking! Now not "cooking" which is meals and such. But home baking. Like cupcakes, tarts, pies, cakes etc. I'd love a baking skill.

Maybe they could include some industrial sized baking items like mixers and ovens. I'd love to be able to use my sims produce (Grapes, apples, etc.) To make desserts. Can anyone say pumpkin pie? Maybe we could put icing and sprinkles on our desserts when we got to a certain level?

Of course there'd be recipes for each item that would be purchasable at the bookstore.

There could also be additions for each season. Like christmas cookies!

Any other ideas? Anyone who would want this skill too?

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would love more cooking/baking related objects in TS3 and more recepies. :D
  • Options
    PretodaPretoda Posts: 1,533 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I would love a baking skill but they do have some deserts already in the game under cooking. Pumpkin Pie came with Seasons by the way.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    Baking is a skill a lot of people would love ^^
  • Options
    xLisa1986xxLisa1986x Posts: 211 Member
    edited February 2013
    That's a great idea to have more recipes and baking options :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd love to have this skill in the game.

and a place to sell (OFB! *wink wink*) all the things we make!

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    I'd love to have this skill in the game.

and a place to sell (OFB! *wink wink*) all the things we make!

I agree!

Kids have all the fun with their bake sales, and the portions they make really don't do much to fill anybody up. What about all the pro circuit baking grannies? I definitely think they deserve some love :mrgreen:
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is a great idea, could even open up a catering job, for parties and such.
  • Options
    FlanberriesFlanberries Posts: 478 New Member
    edited February 2013
    That idea is perfect ^ o ^
    omg, I've dreamed of having a cute small little vintage bakeshop that sells pastries and desserts, with cute little cupcakes and strawberry shortcakes, then I would have the workers be dressed in a Japanese lolita bakery outfit.....okay I'm dreaming too much .____....but yes, baking skill would be nice. :-)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes please! :D
  • Options
    chrang7520chrang7520 Posts: 407 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love the idea of a baking skill and I love the idea of a place to sell it!!!
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes please!! I would love to have this. Donuts, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, various kinds of bread, bagels etc. :D
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited February 2013
    Could open up some new careers too.. Or add more of a "ambitions" feel to the cooking career! :D

• Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yes please!! I would love to have this. Donuts, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, various kinds of bread, bagels etc. :D

This is perfect!! :D
  • Options
    KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited February 2013
    This is a great idea, could even open up a catering job, for parties and such.

Ooh I like this idea! I'm always keen for more careers.

I'd love to see a baking skill, like others i feel esp excited for this if we get an OFB EP, running a bakery would be such fun :).

I'd also love to see food work more the way it did in sims2, rather than moodlets, different foods fill you differently (I know irl a juice does not fill my hunger bar the same as a tofurky roast :P), although you could still get a moodlet for the better quality meals. But I guess i simply have to hope for a return of that in sims4.
  • Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    edited February 2013
    Why not?