Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Life Bug thread

Comments

• ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2013
    Also, another thing I found out with Create a Sim is that if I use the Filters and filter content, it does not help with the very very slow loading of the outfits. However, if I choose The Sims 3 or any EPs/SPs, Store Content is still listed.

If correct, if I choose The Sims 3 (for example), it should only show The Sims 3 content with no Store Content at all? If that's correct then that's not what it's doing. :P

(There is a separate icon/filter for showing just Store Content on its own.)

Same info as my above post.
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2013
    :D Thank you ahead of time for taking time out to answer this. I have posted in the technical, but I haven't found out anything.

:?: Why am I no longer able to catch birds? This is recent such as a month or maybe a little longer. I can watch, but no option to befriend or catch anymore. This is at the elixir store or anywhere else. Do you know if there is a problem with one of the patches relating to this and if those who fix it are aware of this problem and are they trying to fix it? Thanks so much.

. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    Nope, none at all ever.

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch?. Which Patch Level are you at?
    I have all the games and nearly all the store stuff and am patched completely except for the new one and I get an invalid file. 1.50

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones?
    both

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? Just game sims or ones made in CAS.

9. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom?
    Sunset Valley mostly - EA.

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game?
    DVD

Not sure about computer stuff, but mine is a good one; Asus Essentio series windows 7 :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have to update what I told you earlier. After the patch I tested the online dating feature and was able to remove the profile without it resetting. I then had to have my sim make another profile when before the patch it would reset and not remove the profile.

I was going by it not being listed. I guess they fixed it and forgot to list it. However I only tested this once.

Also in the paper the second time I did get the weekly events. Must have just been a glitch the first time.
  • DejiDenjaDejiDenja Posts: 218 Member
    edited February 2013
    The dating profile does reset after you remove it. I tried it several times. it would still reset.
    It never removed the profile.
  • tbluetblue Posts: 474 Member
    edited February 2013
    The roommates become part of the household when the game is restarted

Edit:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?

Mods are pulled cause not updated but I do have store content

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods

Not at the moment

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)

Took out

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?

Not back in the game

5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ?

Patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?

New

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?

Pre-made from cas bin

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

Sunset valley

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)

Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.

DVD

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GiminaGimina Posts: 73 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I started a game (already in progress) after my patch today. The first thing I normally do is accept gifts and re-gift to friends. Since the patch I can't accept a Supernatural gift. All other gifts that I received worked.

Can anyone else test this out?

Edit: I've tried playing a bit my sims can't use any cooking items.
    Update: Replacing the fridge solved the issue.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    Nope, none at all.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    No mods.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)?
    I've used them in the past (Twallan's only), but not since I got a new SSD and did a fresh install.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    N/A

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch?
    Seasons I have all Expansions and SPs (and just about all store items for that matter).

6. Which Patch Level are you at?

Existing, started the game fresh yesterday (day before the patch).

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    Newly made Sims at the time I started the game.

Lunar Lakes

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

All DVDs
    edited February 2013
    Gimina wrote:
    I started a game (already in progress) after my patch today. The first thing I normally do is accept gifts and re-gift to friends. Since the patch I can't accept a Supernatural gift. All other gifts that I received worked.

Can anyone else test this out?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods?
    Nope, none at all.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    No mods.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)?
    I've used them in the past (Twallan's only), but not since I got a new SSD and did a fresh install.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version?
    N/A

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch?
    Seasons I have all Expansions and SPs (and just about all store items for that matter).

6. Which Patch Level are you at?

Existing, started the game fresh yesterday (day before the patch).

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made?
    Newly made Sims at the time I started the game.

Lunar Lakes

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

All DVDs

Oh yea I forgot to mention this. The SN potion gifts are pink or red and can't be received.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited February 2013
    Crin, did you want us to tell you about existing bugs not fixed?

If so, then the aging bug still exists re tattoos and stylist (If a sim gets a tattoo or a makeover (going into CAS) at the salon, their age is randomly altered by days). I know it's been like that for ages now, wish they would fix this.

Edit: Oh and just in case you want my info -

* No mods/cc
    * All EPs and SPs except Katy Perry
    * Version 1.50 (via superpatch)
    * Tested in existing game in SV
    * Tested with pre-made, pre-played sim (Bunch family)
    * On Windows 7
    * Download versions played
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2013
    hi crinrict!

so far i havent run into any problems but thought i share just in case this is helpful:

Here's my info:

-i have mods - but the folder is pulled, i forgot to run without CC and i havent clean out out cache files..such a bad example :)

-Im in a test world (starlight shores) playing a family already in the world. Im patched to 1.50 and i have all EPs, including seasons..im a mix of discs and DLs..most current is DL

-processor i5
    -OS Windows 7
    -RAM 8
    -GPU HD 6670

So far all is going well.. was able to dumpster dive!

online dating
    Im playing a couple. neither had preexisting online dating profiles. i created one for both. Deleted sim 1 and have checked twice...it hasnt re set itself

Newspaper
    was able to read weekly events

cooking
    no issues with routing to cook

CAS
    so no lag in loading

ill check leaves tomorrow

let me know if this is helpful for me to keep testing or just report if and when i get any issues...

sorry to hear the patch is invading on your holiday! thanks for everything.

UPDATE 2/20

Thanks for the easy link..i was thinking to myself why didnt i bookmark my posting!

first biggest glitch is heavy rain caused a lag for a sim minute or two a few times..ive never had this happen before but this is also the first time im playing without nrass mods

So new glitch to report is that when i had my sims rake leaves the piles formed inside the house..

the first time the sims were in the back yard close to the house. The next time i had them out front near the street and piles still formed and in various places throughout the house..and little critters later appeared

I can also join the chorus of i can receive all gifts but not for elixirs..

ill add more soon

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited February 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Custom Content, no mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Took them out, started a new game.
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Not yet.
    5. N/A
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-made
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Custom
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 8
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download

The issue I am having is with the skating rink. The sims skate, but the direction is sporadic. They don't go in a circle anymore, they just kind of skate wherever. Looks a little crazy. They kind of look how they looked walking through doors and arches before this patch, only on skates.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Decided to try something new this time. There's always a few people that post quite a few bugs and it gets tedious for them to have to repost their data all the time.

So, I'm going to use the last post I have to link the data of those people. Please make one post with your data and keep that up-to-date. Tell me if you plan on reporting lots of stuff and want to be added to the list. You make a new post for every error you report but you won't need to repost your data.

Hope you know what I mean.

@catloverplayer & janvel831: If you make such a post for me, I'll be glad to link you two. You've been regulars before :)

---

I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean, but I am definately willing to do this.
    I hope you have a great time skiing and that you are enjoying your vacation.
    Thank you again for all the time and effort you put into this thread and helping all of us out. :)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2013
    Little one is not ready to go skiing yet, so answering some posts :)

----

@Arty: Could you add your graphic card info to your post. I'll add the problem, the post has been added to the info list.

The Store content filter doesn't work for the build stuff either. It never has been working correctly.

@davina1221: Not sure but I think this one is also related to special seeds in your inventory. Do you have any ?

@catloverplayer, DejiDenja: Guess I'm gonna test that myself. Could you please make a post with your info ? I'll link that on the first page so that you only have to do it once. Make sure to keep it up-to-date

I'll remove the paper one but keep it should anyone else report

@tblue: Could you please answer the questions in the second post. Thanks. Just edit your post, I'll add the issue for now.

@Gimina: I'll add

@elanorbreton: Depends on the bug, really. If they are more common, I'm sure people would want to know. I'll add that one. Otherwise it's what's not on the fixed list or the patch notes, isn't fixed :)

@ceejay402: Thanks for testing. I'll add your info to the first page so you don't have to repost it over and over. Just make sure you keep that post up-to-date and maybe add your system info as well.

If you want to test the reported bugs, please go ahead but it's really up to you. How ever you feel you can contribute best.

It's not that bad about my holiday. I have Internet and time (little one doesn't go skiing that much yet) and it's only the patch so far. It's going to be worse with Island Paradise cause I won't have time or Internet. I might be able to do the beginning of the bug thread but RL is going to be really busy then.

@Mstybl95: I'll add that

@janvel831: Just make a post where you answer the questions on the first page, including the system info. I'll link that post on the first page and then you don't have to worry about that anymore when you repost. You can just state the issue without answering the questions.

EDIT: Be adding later. My Internet went out and only have this very bad connection right now. Hopefully it will be back to working after skiiing.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2013
    Crin simsvip and Twellen areboth reporting the same roomate issue Tblue is.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    Taken from another thread, thought I would ask here:
    turistas9 wrote:
    anyone on here willing to go in game and try "RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings" cheat ..

i was using it right before patch, and now im getting unknown command :/

Turistas9 stated they did the "testingcheatsenabled true" and still the RBB is not recognized. I am unable to test this, my superpatch hasn't finished downloading, but wondered if anyone else seen this problem?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • slimysquidslimysquid Posts: 12
    edited February 2013
    The patch worked fine for me and I can play the game, but I can no longer do some of the celebrity or samolean quests that popup or show in town. I can't do the eating contests or the one to promote restaraunt. I see both of the missions in city view I can travel to them but when clicking on the location, the interactions do not show up at all. I have no mods or cc or anything else like that, unless you count the free sims store stuff they gave me.
    edited February 2013
    @catloverplayer: Do you have a link for me ? Haven't had a chance to read around

@blewis823: Added

@slimysquid: Is this an existing or new game ? Multi rabbitholes or single ones ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited February 2013
    Crin ill add links later today when I get off work.
  • ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't edit my original post anymore, no option to edit like before, so here is my graphics card information.

AMD Radeon 6600M/6700M Series (What it says.)
    Memory Size: 1GB (Dedicated)
    Memory Type: GDDR5
    Core Clock: 600Mhz
    Memory Clock: 800Mhz

Latest AMD Catalyst 13.1 drivers installed.

The gameplay graphics are great, with most things on high/very high or medium. Very smooth and responsive.
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3
    edited February 2013
    You don't have a green edit button next to the quote button on your own posts ?

Weird.

Can you edit this last post ? If so, just c/p all info from your first post in this new one and I'll link this one.
    AHQ Tutorial

• RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited February 2013
    Combination rabbit holes are still not providing career opportunities. Combination schools give after school achievements that cannot be completed.

This has been a widespread problem talked about on Carl's Sims 3 Forum, where I moderate, it has been happening since I think Patch 1.38. I talked to SimGuruGraham about it via twitter and he didn't even know it's an issue. Figured I should make an official post on one of your threads then to get it more notice.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) - Used in past haven't since Seasons
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? - N/A
    5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ? - Patch as of right now
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50 - used SuperPatch. This problem has occured since September & the SN release
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New Game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? All new. I basically hit Add Sim 7 times
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Any town with combo - specifically used AP for this one.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Download

I just took 8 Sims into a new town. Gave them all combo rabbit hole jobs and over the course of 3 sim weeks, none of them ever received a job opportunity. I did this again today/last night after patching up. They did receive opportunities for their skills. But in 21 days played, not a single one of the 8 got any career performance opportunities even once.
    edited February 2013
    They don't know about it ? It's in the Season bug thread. It was an issue when LN first came out which introduced them and then they fixed it and then they re-introduced it with Supernatural.

I'll add it to the not fixed list.
    AHQ Tutorial

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    crinrict wrote:

Weird.

Can you edit this last post ? If so, just c/p all info from your first post in this new one and I'll link this one.

LOL, the edit button is not showing on my browser either. I use Google Chrome.

I was wondering if anyone else having an issue with garage doors. I can't place garage doors because I get the tool tip "can't place cars without driveway". So now the garage door is a car?

Yeah, I patched. Was curious about the room mate thing, didn't work at all for me. My sim have a duplex with 1 bed, 1 bath, kitchen, dining, living room in each unit. Guess that didn't work?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin,
    Here is my info:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)Have never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A

5. Do you have University Live or just the Patch ? Both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.50

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Playing with new Sims I created in CAS for the game I am currently playing

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Aurora Skies

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

I have DVD versions of the Base game plus all expansions and stuff packs except for Katy Perry Sweet Stuff which I do not have.

I hope you and your daughter got to go skiing and that you had a good time. :)

edited February 2013
    blewis823 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

Weird.

LOL, the edit button is not showing on my browser either. I use Google Chrome.

I'm glad it's working on my Opera. This thread would be useless if I weren't able to edit.

Is it just this thread or all the forums ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited February 2013
    I used the super patch and I was using the gifting friends and I am unable to accept the Supernatural pink bottle items from friends, I own supernatural and have it installed, I have no CC or Mods, only store content and Some CAP Patterns.
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top