Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boy clothes for girls?

I been thinking of this for a while now.
Why can't girls wear guys clothes in Sims? And why can't guys wear girl clothes?
I think it would be cool, I want my girl sim to be a tom boy but since there only girly clothes, I can't. Same with my guy Sims.
What do you think?

I have no idea where to post this sorry.

Comments

• my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited February 2013
    That wouldn't be possible. Females and males use completely different meshes. It would look really weird if you were able to switch the gender assignment for clothes.
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited February 2013
    then like half the townies would be cross dressers
  • THOTHCTHOTHC Posts: 23
    edited February 2013
    That wouldn't be possible. Females and males use completely different meshes. It would look really weird if you were able to switch the gender assignment for clothes.

No it wouldn't. >.>
    edited February 2013
    THOTHC wrote:

No it wouldn't. >.>

Really? Have you allowed teen males to wear adult male clothing? Their head has a slit across the throat with a gap of space. Waistes of clothing have a slit across the middle of your Sim with a gap. It looks weird.

So you would want your males to have a female figure with breasts? .. and that to you wouldn't appear weird?? Not to mention males necks are larger than females.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    there is cross dressing CC. Ive seen some on my sims 3 blog.

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/
    edited February 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:

That is completely different then from what I interpreted from the OP. I was under the impression they wanted EA to allow clothing to be allowed for both genders but if that's what they are requesting .. CC that is allowed for both genders then that would work. I have seen quite a few available.
  • Creaky2005Creaky2005 Posts: 1,974 New Member
    edited February 2013
    lilhunny wrote:
    then like half the townies would be cross dressers
    this :lol:
    edited February 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:

That is completely different then from what I interpreted from the OP. I was under the impression they wanted EA to allow clothing to be allowed for both genders but if that's what they are requesting .. CC that is allowed for both genders then that would work. I have seen quite a few available.

Yea I know I agree with you. I was just giving the link to the blog.

edited February 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

Hopefully she can find something that comes close to what she envisioned.
    edited February 2013
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

Hopefully she can find something that comes close to what she envisioned.

Maybe. She wont be that successful though, for the reasons you mentioned.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it would be cool, I want my girl sim to be a tom boy but since there only girly clothes, I can't. Same with my guy Sims.

If you're talking about children, aren't most of their clothes pretty neutral? I mean, of course a boy can't wear a dress, but if you want a tom boy girl, how about just a t-shirt and trousers and change their color into something more masculine?
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited February 2013
    There are a few clothing types for children which work for both genders.

I think there might be 2 or 3 that work for adults but I'm not too sure.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • anajessiaanajessia Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just because someone is a tomboy it doesn't mean she'll wear guy's clothes, a tomboy is simply a masculine female, nothing to do with crossdressing. There are options for hoodies and trainers for girls, as well as shorts and jeans.
  • 1445614456 Posts: 349 New Member
    edited February 2013
    it wouldnt work - when you randomize a sim a boy could come out in a dress! plz reply to this comment i want opinions!
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited February 2013
    I personally would not like it simply because I don't want my sims to wear clothing of the opposite sex and if it were available to wear then I would have to wade through twice as much clothing when looking for something for my sim to wear. I like to change my sims clothes every few days and there are so many clothes to look through as it is.

I didn't play Sims 1 or 2, but I understand they had a clothing store? I would like something like that in this game. All your content is stored there and each sim starts out with a basic outfit for each category. Then they can buy new outfits and put them in their "closet".

That way if this particular sim is not into torn clothing or micro minis then I simply wouldn't have her buy them and put them in her closet.

That sure would be nice...
    edited February 2013
    14456 wrote:
    it wouldnt work - when you randomize a sim a boy could come out in a dress! plz reply to this comment i want opinions!

Did you even bother to read the rest of this thread? Probably not.