March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2013 Vacation Worlds Showcase

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
S3_0668F635_00000000_0000000000000001TWNI.png

Description

Shang Simla is a peaceful community set near a mountainous area of China near the Great Wall. It was founded by a group of monks with an ethos of discipline and Martial Arts. It is full of colorful flora, such as Chinese elms and cherry trees, growing on deep green hills. This sub-hood features activities and items that compliment Chinese culture and architecture. Shang Simla is the hub for training in the Martial Arts skill introduced in World Adventures. Sims can also explore landmark tombs and hidden tombs throughout this neighborhood, there are numerous adventures to be had. There are numerous pre-made families in Shang Simla, although they all unfortunately lack description texts. Description text on some objects introduced in World Adventures expand on the lore of Shang Simla, depicting characters such as painter Han Shin.
A trip to Shang Simla costs §1300 for the first Sim and §1000 for each additional Sim, making it the cheapest vacation destination.

First like the description says this is not a base world, its a vacation world and is a replacement for the world adventures world of the same name.

Before you run for cover because I used the word replacement I will explain what this world does:-

First up most of the world remains and plays the same, so it will not mess up your play style while your on vacation. It was never my intention to make a new vacation world, just tweaking. If we face the truth the vacation worlds are pretty old and EA have never really updated them.

The first tweak was the Base Lot, the base lot for the world was looking a little dated, so it got fresh lick of paint and few minor tweaks.
Screenshot-2-65.jpg

A much needed cleaner was added to the base lot
Screenshot-3-56.jpg
Screenshot-4-50.jpg
Screenshot-5-44.jpg

With the Sims in the world one of several things happened to them:
Dead Sims where deleted from the world
3 new Sims family's where added to the world:-
A Korean Sword Girl family
Ning Choi-san & *** Siu-sin Based upon A Chinese Ghost Story
The last family was the Tree Demoness, she hates everybody, watch out for this nasty sim.
The other Sims in the world either where given a personalty make over or will play like the original EA Sim
Some of the Sims where given a supernatural edge.
Screenshot-10-31.jpg
Screenshot-7-37.jpg
Screenshot-8-36.jpg

A Elixir register was added to the adventure shop, should help you in your adventures.
Screenshot-10-31.jpg

Spawners more or less remain the same, but I did reduce a few of the lesser important spawners and replace them with wild flowers and few other later expansions spawners
Screenshot-9-36.jpg

Routing problems was the biggest problem in the world, I would say I've improved the routing problems in the world, but I will also say it still not 100% perfect, but still a lot better than it was.
Screenshot-14-23.jpg
Screenshot-11-31.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

If you would like to download this world you can find the world here:-

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6912341#

Install the world using the launcher and you need to place the world file, found in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds in the following location:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR EA WORLD OF THE SAME NAME.

If that method of installing the world is a little long winded then a faster way to install the world is remove the china world from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
and then just install the downloaded world file, via the launcher it will still work.

One last thing if you would like to see the France and Egypt tweaked in this method, please speak up, I'm not currently 100% sure if this type of tweak people will even bother with, so your feedback is important.

Cheers for viewing :mrgreen:

France

Screenshot-29-6-1.jpg

Champs Les Sims was settled towards the end of the Medieval period and has a rich history and culture. The town is modeled on rustic small towns in France and features activities and items that reflect French traditions. It has brick buildings and yellowish pastures. It is excellent grape-growing country, and has a strong sense of history about it. Sims can learn how to produce (non-alcoholic) nectar here. "Champs Les Sims" is French for "The Sims Fields," and is a reference to the Champs-Élysées, a famous vibrant avenue in Paris. Some people might also relate Champs Les Sims to the French city of Nîmes, famous for a Roman aqueduct. In Champs Les Sims, there is an aqueduct with a train track running on it. Occasionally a train passes by from one tunnel to another. The train might be a reference to the Orient Express, and its model is reused from Sims 2 Free Time train set. Sims can explore landmark tombs and hidden tombs throughout this neighborhood, thereby undertaking adventures. There are numerous pre-made families in Champs Les Sims, although they all unfortunately lack description texts.
A trip to Champs Les Sims for one person costs 1900 simoleons (for three days). It is the most expensive vacation destination. While visiting Champs Les Sims, Sims stay at a base camp, unless they have a level three visa and have purchased a vacation home.

Routing Update
To be honest EA did a really good job with the routing in the France world, I found very little to actual improve, this so far is the best EA World I've viewed in Caw concerning the routing.
Screenshot-29-8.jpg

The Base Lot got a update in the France world
Screenshot-23-13.jpg
Screenshot-22-15.jpg
Screenshot-21-19.jpg
Screenshot-20-20.jpg
Screenshot-25-12.jpg

Elixir and consignment store addded
Screenshot-27-9.jpg

The sims in the france world where updated and given a supernatural twist
Screenshot-31-7.jpg

Nightclub added
Screenshot-30-7.jpg
Screenshot-28-7.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6938962

Install the world using the launcher and you need to place the world file, found in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds in the following location:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

If that method of installing the world is a little long winded then a faster way to install the world is remove the china world from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
and then just install the downloaded world file, via the launcher it will still work.

Egypt

bf82c897-fc25-4d04-96da-1f4b389817f7_zps84cdd138.jpg

Al Simhara is an ancient land built against a river, full of magic and mystery. It is a land of mummies, pyramids, and crocodiles. It is found in Egypt and features activities and items drawn from Egyptian culture. The name is a reference to the Sahara Desert of Egypt. This town features fully explorable tombs and hidden tombs, including famous Egyptian landmarks such as the Pyramids, the Sphinx, and Temple of Queen Hatshepsut. Sims can explore these landmark tombs, thereby undertaking adventures. The company MorcuCorp features strongly in these adventures.

New features in the base lot
Screenshot-97_zps9213792b.jpg

Extended World
Screenshot-2-66_zps497dc2c7.jpg

New desert Watering Hole
Screenshot-3-57_zpsd55830ce.jpg

End of the world Junk Yard
Screenshot-4-51_zpsc246c52f.jpg

Updated for supernatural
Screenshot-5-45_zps03e8a530.jpg

Screenshot-6-36_zpsd8ccbda8.jpg

Screenshot-7-38_zpsb7798dc5.jpg

Screenshot-8-37_zpsad7136f7.jpg

Screenshot-9-37_zpscf6e92e3.jpg

New vacation Lots
Screenshot-10-32_zps95ab8357.jpg

Screenshot-11-32_zpsc6be4efc.jpg

The home of De-nile
Screenshot-12-28_zps16f198fb.jpg

Screenshot-13-30_zps964cba42.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6986488#

Comments

• niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2013
    Great Job Stw! Once again... You are God...
  • Cassini90125Cassini90125 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2013
    I am very much looking forward to installing and playing this, and yes, I would love to see both Egypt and France get tweaked as well. :D

Frankly I would like it if EA would create a few new vacation worlds and add them to the Store - I'd love to send my Sims to Mexico to explore the Aztek Pyramids, or to Norway to see old Norse ruins (and find Thor's hammer) - but unfortunately I don't see that ever happening.
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Great Job Stw! Once again... You are God...
    Cheers again :mrgreen:
    I am very much looking forward to installing and playing this, and yes, I would love to see both Egypt and France get tweaked as well.

Frankly I would like it if EA would create a few new vacation worlds and add them to the Store - I'd love to send my Sims to Mexico to explore the Aztek Pyramids, or to Norway to see old Norse ruins (and find Thor's hammer) - but unfortunately I don't see that ever happening.

I always planned to update the other two worlds, it just takes time to upload and stuff, so you should see France next.

A Mexico vacation spot would be really good, but EA are probable thinking of the money side of things, more profit in Base Worlds. But we do have the tools to build more vacation worlds, it mainly a time factor. It takes a about 3 days to edit a current built up vacation world, but to build a vacation world from scratch with 10 or more dungeons your looking at months of work.
  • TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited January 2013
    I would probably die if there was a Mexican vacation world with all the ancient Mayan tombs and such. Actually yes I would 100% die there is no probably it would be so perfect

Thanks for updating Shang Simla, by the way, really awesome job
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I would love to see new tombs added
    edited January 2013
    Just a update to this set, I've added France to my Studio it was updated the same way china was.

I hope to add the final updated vacation world, Egypt early next week.

edited February 2013
    Updated
    edited February 2013
    Updated the set with Egypt World.

That is the set complete.

Many thanks for viewing and I hope enjoy the worlds.

• Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2013
    Great job Stw, now I'll want to go on Vacation. I was still useing your tweaked Vacation Lot files from way back when you put out Exotic World. Any ideas on when Seventh Sactum will be done?
    edited February 2013
    Any ideas on when Seventh Sactum will be done?
    The sanctum World was delayed due to number of reasons, mostly to do with my personal life, I had a close friend pass away and then I needed to do full re-install of windows and last I started work on a smaller project the Vacation Worlds.
    But I'm pleased to say Sanctum world is complete and playable, I've done a number of play tests, and before I release the world I wanted to update a number of things in the world from them tests. Most of the edits to this world are cosmetic in nature, but a release should not be that far away, probable a few weeks.

I do have another world sat on the fence, "Twilight Falls", this world is about 80% complete this world should be get a release shortly after Sanctum Seven World. That I'm afraid will probable be my last world for the Sims 3, I'm going to go back to being just a humble lot builder :oops: .
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm really sorry about the loss of your close friend, I send hugs to you as I know how hard that can be on a person.

We'll miss your Worlds, but I'm excited to see Twilight Falls and play both. Two worlds somewhat close together from you will be a rare treat.

I can understand going back to building Lot's, I've been wanting to build a new World myself, but I just can't seem to get into making more World's after Fairytopia and the loss of my Jades World.

I've settled instead with making over all the EA World's and updating them to Seasons, doing stories, testing other World's for friends and building lot's as I find it more fun then World building.

I'm excited to play Sanctum as well as Twilight Falls, your one of the best World creators in my opinion and I've enjoyed all your World's, Sims and I even love several of your Lot's. Your Science Center from Exotic World still finds it's way into most of my world makeovers. :-)
    edited February 2013
    I'm not just going to give up on world building, I just wont start any major projects, at least for now, I will never say never, the time travel expansion might make me want to update my old worlds. Also I might wish to update the university world, that will depend on the routing and if it includes animal house style dorms.

snapshot_0000000c_d11138a1.jpg
    snapshot_0000000c_71126765.jpg