Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SLEEP WITH BABY/TODDLER :)

FIRST OF ALL: not in a 🐸🐸🐸🐸\creepy way :shock:
i think this could be an AWESOME additon to the game, especially when babies and toddlers have a lack of interactions! its such a simple thing to add to the game! please EA before sims 3 ends, we need you to add some basic interactions in the next patches! because if they wont, the interactions that we will get will only have something to do with- university\time travel and all the next EPS... :\

OH and and by baby\toddler i mean- YOUR child

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    Um... how do you mean? Because how you mean changes what reply I give a lot (there's one possibility of what you mean that can't be done without causing glitches).
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't like this at all
    I don't believe in sleeping with your kids and as tonya said its something thats prone to cause glitch and lag
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited February 2013
    Some parents, when they have babies, don't believe in cribs and that the baby or toddler sleeps in the actual "big" bed with the parents..(my parents did this with my sister&I)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wish there were a way to do this, and for pets as well! I'd love for my sim pugs to be able to curl up and somehow take up 90% of the bed like they do in real life. :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited February 2013
    Eh, I can see why you want this. It isn't a bad idea either, but I see this as very difficult to implement.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would love this... too cute! I'm just a great big softie: both my children slept in my bed with me. (Can't get the little one out... little cuddly koala bear that he is!) :D

But I don't think the gurus will do this, I guess it's poking at the debate team! :lol:

I saw an idea recently about parents holding their children while watching t.v and sitting on the sofa or in a comfy chair, and having the child fall asleep in their arms. I think having the child fall asleep in the parents arms is such a lovely idea. :D
  • MoonWariorAutumMoonWariorAutum Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can picture kids and toddlers crawling into bed with their parents whenever they have a bad dream, or there's a thunder storm going on. Also spending the morning with their parents.

Pets I'd like to see sleep on their owner's bed as well (save for horses of course.) Like cats can sleep on top of it's owner's chest, lap, or beside their head (one of my cats does that with my mom) or side. Then when the owner wakes up, he/she cuddles/pets their cat before getting out of bed. I remember how my black cat, Bagsey (may he rest in peace) used to take naps with me.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ok. I'll play devil's advocate. I'm in an argumentative mood, apparently. Consider yourself warned :P

Now I know you said not in a perverted/creepy way, but do you realise that if this were to happen lots of ppl could and possibly would make it in a perverted/creepy way? Possibly why we don't have something like that.

Continuing onward, I don't think they'll add any interactions such as the one you want in a patch. Aside from anything, we don't play with sim toddlers and children enough to warrant putting the programming in for interactions. I've seen a simguru say as much, plus the recent Q&A for 70's,80's and 90's SP, one of the questions asked and answered was if a pack was coming out focusing on toddler and up. The answer was no.

I think it's kind of a vicious circle type thing going on there. Simmers find toddlers and children boring so other than teaching them whatever skills ppl tend not to play them, focusing their attention on YA's and up, because you can do stuff with them that you can't do with toddlers and children. Direct consequence of that is that we don't play enough with them to warrant changes...and so the circle goes on.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    ^ I do think that toddlers (and elders) are really neglected in the sims 3, so people don't play with them that much. If a bit of time and effort was spent on them to make them really appealing then people would play them more.

I always used to have elders and toddlers in the older games.

The sims series started out with a focus on a sims entire life! Not just the young adult stage.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    I can picture kids and toddlers crawling into bed with their parents whenever they have a bad dream, or there's a thunder storm going on. Also spending the morning with their parents.

Pets I'd like to see sleep on their owner's bed as well (save for horses of course.) Like cats can sleep on top of it's owner's chest, lap, or beside their head (one of my cats does that with my mom) or side. Then when the owner wakes up, he/she cuddles/pets their cat before getting out of bed. I remember how my black cat, Bagsey (may he rest in peace) used to take naps with me.

This would cause glitches.

The reason is that the bed itself only has two sim slots. As you can see from Pets, a pet takes up one entire slot, so a toddler or baby would as well. So, if you add it to the game that a baby or toddler can sleep on the bed with the parents, you need to add an extra slot to the beds.

Aside from breaking every single double bed that has been released up to this point, there's also the fact that extra slot would still be open for sims to sleep in, which means you could get very weird positionings when just two sims use the bed.
  • xSilverKeyxxSilverKeyx Posts: 1 New Member
    I found this http://modthesims.info/d/599904/bedsharing-co-sleeper-pad-for-babies-and-toddlers.html for sims 2, is there a way to make it for sims 4?
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2019
    Arletta wrote: »
    Ok. I'll play devil's advocate. I'm in an argumentative mood, apparently. Consider yourself warned :P

Now I know you said not in a perverted/creepy way, but do you realise that if this were to happen lots of ppl could and possibly would make it in a perverted/creepy way? Possibly why we don't have something like that.

Continuing onward, I don't think they'll add any interactions such as the one you want in a patch. Aside from anything, we don't play with sim toddlers and children enough to warrant putting the programming in for interactions. I've seen a simguru say as much, plus the recent Q&A for 70's,80's and 90's SP, one of the questions asked and answered was if a pack was coming out focusing on toddler and up. The answer was no.

I think it's kind of a vicious circle type thing going on there. Simmers find toddlers and children boring so other than teaching them whatever skills ppl tend not to play them, focusing their attention on YA's and up, because you can do stuff with them that you can't do with toddlers and children. Direct consequence of that is that we don't play enough with them to warrant changes...and so the circle goes on.

I agree, people who make mods could use that inappropiately like programming kids to "woohoo" with adults and then they would put a rated x on this game and then this game would be banned. Or a sin. And then this whole community would be put into hell cuz' your watching a kid "woohoo" with an adult which would make this game uncomfortable to play.

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    This thread is from 2013. ;)
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top