Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TROPICA-Test Version Uploaded-Pg. 1

Comments

• AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Do you want any skills associated with the families, or just basic?

Any progress with careers? (They'd clear when placed, I think, but it might show it in their history?)

Race preferences?

Preferred traits?

Number of children?

How many families total?

Celebrity status?

(I'll start making some random ones in the meantime.)

I'd like some mixed race. Ehhh, careers aren't too important mainly just skills, but if you want to, go for it! :D Just random traits and a few big families and a few small.... and maybe a couple rich famous people. Take your time! It'll be awhile before the populated one will be released. Thanks again! :mrgreen:
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    OH, and should I stay away from any particular expansion / stuff pack / store content?

(I don't intend to use the Katy Perry stuff - I don't care for it.)

I have all but that weird Katy Perry one. :D Oh, I guess no supernatural yet :(
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Do you want any of the families to have pets?

I guess maybe I'll make some of all of the above, and some standard ones without, and just put the expansion content in the description, or something. My game is completely free of CC, so no worries there.

Okay, this sounds good too! :D And good. CC IS BAD! :lol::lol::lol:
  • babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2013
    Working on a large family now - two elders, their daughter and son-in-law, and their granddaughter.

This one should be interesting.

(They're not going to be a particularly wealthy family.)
    edited January 2013
    Hm. I can't seem to get this one to upload - it keeps giving me an error. How very strange.

The family is showing up as 3.6mb, so that's likely why... But aside from giving you an un-initiated family, I'm not sure how to drop the size. :(

Got them down to 622kb when they haven't been played at all, but it's still not working :\

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Hm. I can't seem to get this one to upload - it keeps giving me an error. How very strange.

The family is showing up as 3.6mb, so that's likely why... But aside from giving you an un-initiated family, I'm not sure how to drop the size. :(

Got them down to 622kb when they haven't been played at all, but it's still not working :\

Here. Clean file, the McEnder family, on dropbox, since the exchange is throwing a fit. (There's no custom content and my newly-reformatted and well-protected computer is quite secure.)

Hmmmm, well, you can try again in a few days, and if worse comes to worse, I can download the small filed version!
    edited January 2013
    Got it! I think I removed everything in their inventory and had them quit their jobs, but, it worked this time.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6928387
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Got it! I think I removed everything in their inventory and had them quit their jobs, but, it worked this time.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6928387

Great! The family looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out!
    edited February 2013
    No update really. Still need to get that pesky terrain sculpting done.... but just wanted to post something. :)

Fun fact:

I have almost been working on this for two years! That is too long! :lol::lol::lol:
    edited February 2013
    2/3/2012: Small update, I got all the terrain sculption pretty much done! :D And I I redid the area around the stadium. I made a mini mall that will have the food register, the salon, the tattoo parlor, and the consignment shop. (Just have to figure out how :D)

Also I build the studio. Threw it together quick, so it isn't anything special.

Screenshot-520_zps46a87eff.jpgScreenshot-514_zps291d48da.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Verbal update (Will have a ton of new pictures tomorrow night!):

I have begun to place spawners finally!! (Ocean fish almost all done...just need to make a lot or two in the countryside that holds lake fish.) Then the rest of the spawners. I have also begun to paint the terrain with routing paint. (Which is a long booooring process. :roll: ) I also built a few new lots, as well as continued on the strip mall. The lots are a huge new Asian modern American style mansion... lol :mrgreen::mrgreen: Also a look out point. And a few more community lots and a couple orchard farms. And some other unimportant stuff, but this world is getting so close to being done! I am pretty excited! Also I have been working with an awesome simmer who is making me a bunch of families for when I release the populated version of the world! I will have to get some links up, so you guys can check them out. This is all for now, tomorrow I hope to get a bunch of more progress done and some pictures to show what's been going on! :mrgreen:

edited February 2013
    Please excuse my sad excuse of a banner I tried to make... :lol::mrgreen:
  • hugzandpipes1hugzandpipes1 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Well done, it's the boring bits that makes it hard to finish, but I know you will finish beautifully! :D
    edited February 2013
    Well done, it's the boring bits that makes it hard to finish, but I know you will finish beautifully! :D

You got that right! And thanks! :mrgreen:
    edited February 2013
    Alright! Here we go...this might be the last big update before release!! (YES!!! :mrgreen: )

EDIT: Hoo-rah! A seventh page :D

February 10, 2013

-I got quite a bit of work done this weekend! I placed almost all of the fish spawners, I got a a few new final houses started, I got a couple parks done, I got the stadium lot done, I placed some more trees, did a little routing painting, fixed some sculpting, added some sidewalks, fixed some errors on some lots, finished the town hall buildings, and placed some more lots for building! Getting close to the end...feels great!

Now on to some pictures! :mrgreen:

Screenshot-531-1_zpsb40b5601.jpg

Screenshot-547-1_zps4af428e2.jpg

Screenshot-532-1_zpsd5a112b0.jpg

Screenshot-533-1_zpsdbd1cf84.jpg

Screenshot-534-1_zps00cc5fbc.jpg

Screenshot-535-1_zps03324d41.jpg

Screenshot-536-1_zpsf2e8657e.jpg

Screenshot-537-1_zps149f1ed3.jpg

Screenshot-538-1_zpsae95e374.jpg

Screenshot-539-1_zps496e2f73.jpg

Screenshot-540-1_zpsf8d9833c.jpg

Screenshot-541-1_zpsa6a8c198.jpg

Screenshot-543-2_zps19ac68d4.jpg

Screenshot-545-1_zpsc4cad5b7.jpg

...That's all! Let me know what you guys think! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

• Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I think it looks great-though I'd suggest placing more trees, like Ouerbacker did in Seacrest County-they don't produce any more lag, but they look great!
    edited February 2013
    Lennon777 wrote:
    I think it looks great-though I'd suggest placing more trees, like Ouerbacker did in Seacrest County-they don't produce any more lag, but they look great!

Like more trees in the rural part...or just in general?
    edited February 2013
    Small update:

Got one more park done. Got the last rabbithole done. Got a bunch of minor terrain painting done. Got the walking trails all landscaped. Got some new spawners placed.

Getting so close guys!
    edited February 2013
    Ack! I had to go afk a bit - medical stuff and craziness in home life. Glad to see it's coming along, though! Do you still need more families?
    edited February 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Ack! I had to go afk a bit - medical stuff and craziness in home life. Glad to see it's coming along, though! Do you still need more families?

That's alright, hope all is well! It is coming along nicely, getting so close!! You can start to make a few more families if you want. I still have to figure out how to make a populated world, so I will have to mess around with that. :mrgreen:
    edited February 2013
    After a night of long boring work, I got only half of the spawners placed. :cry::lol: Only half more to go!! Then I just have to update a few lots and test it, then it will be done!! :mrgreen:
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is beautiful Ahenrich! How Have I missed this! I am impressed! CAW scares me!

Just gorgeous!

T
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    WOW! I am really loving all the new updates you have made! Your world looks truely awesome!
    edited February 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is beautiful Ahenrich! How Have I missed this! I am impressed! CAW scares me!

Just gorgeous!

T
    Thanks Taryn! :mrgreen: CAW is my true love with the sims. :lol::lol: It's been a lot a work, but I am loving how it turned out too. Thanks for checking it out! :mrgreen:
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    WOW! I am really loving all the new updates you have made! Your world looks truely awesome!

Hi Tammy! :mrgreen: And thanks, it really is turning into something, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by!
    edited February 2013
    Got three more houses done! I thought I'd have this out soon, but I didn't realize I had so many house shells. I still have around 10 more houses to finish! :shock: :shock: But I'm having fun, and they are turning out great! I also added the firestation, junkyard, and the equestrian center that I completely forgot to add!

I'll upload some pictures tonight hopefully to show off some of the new lots!