Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor Magician

I started a new Sim, moved her into a house alone, and started her on a path to becoming a magician. But she's barely making enough to keep herself housed and eating. I tried to get her a part time job to supplement her income, but found out she couldn't do that because she was already working as a magician. Does this seem odd to anyone else?

It would be like me wanting to be a stage actress. I probably would need to be a barista, or waitress, or do retail work between shows to get by. Right?

Not really a complaint. Just an observation and thought.

Any suggestions on how to keep my Sim fed and following her dream?

-jenn

Comments

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, I see your point. Kind of what I wouldn've liked to do with my sims that had a band. Have them working on "real" jobs until they got enough gigs as a band.

I playd a magician once, but I used a few money cheat. Not many, though. But otherwise, I think just going to a plot with enough other sims on it and performing for tips is the only way, it also helps the career. For example, if my magician had a gig coming in a park, I'd take her there in advance to perform for tips before that gig. If you're playing in Starlight Shores, there's the Flying V's Coffee house, where I often found a lot of sims in the evening. I just placed my magician next to it, and made her perform for tips.

Then there is also collecting and selling metals and gems, but I've never tried those, so I don't know how much money you can actually make with them. Oh, and my magician was a computer whizz, so I made her do some hacking too, and genious, so she also solved the unsolvable a couple of times and got money for that.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2013
    Great ideas. But it's hard to pick between working on job experience or doing other things to earn money.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't really remember how much it was possible to make in tips in the beginning, but if you work on job experience, then your magician will start earning more money sooner and that will make the situation easier.

It came to my mind, but perhaps your magician could perform for tips in a park, and while she's doing that, you could do some scanning around there, and see if there are any collectibles, and when she stops performing, make her collect and sell them :)

And then there are some lifetime rewards that make earning money faster and easier, but I don't remember what they are... I think you should check them out too, if you have enough lifetime happiness points.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    simangel79simangel79 Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2013
    i would suggest she can do like painting, gardening etc on the side and then sell her goods without going to the profession. writing takes to long to earn income but you can grow veggies etc and take them to the grocery story for money and also sell your artwork.