Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which lifespan do you use?

I tried it on short but it was TOO short, everyone was dieing to quick. So then I played on normal and thought it was shorter than the Sims 2 so I have been playing on Epic but I think its too long, there should be on in between normal and Epic.

What do you guys think and which one do you use?

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited August 2009
    i used to play on normal, but now that i switch between several households i thought things were moving too fast and i was missing alot. so i put it on long. now it seems not alot of anything happens lol
  • portiapudding26portiapudding26 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use the normal one. I sometimes think it's a bit long in the elder stage (I kind of wish when the bar was full they would just pop off. I'm not keen on the fact that some will live to be over 110). I like the fact that if you need them to, you can age them up early - again, all except the elder stage :-P
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited August 2009
    yeah some of those elders just hang around forever, dont they? lol
  • MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I play on the Normal Lifespan, but am considering bumping up to Long. Sometimes it feels like I have enough time to squeeze things into their lives, but other times it feels like they never have time for anything but eating, peeing, and attending work before it's time to age up. So I'm still not sure.
  • Agent_ZeroAgent_Zero Posts: 4,564 Member
    edited August 2009
    I use the long lifespan. Gives me just enough time to do things.
  • naysaslemmingsnaysaslemmings Posts: 477 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Agent_Zero wrote:
    I use the long lifespan. Gives me just enough time to do things.

Yeah same, 190 (roughly) sims days is enough time to do everything, I like it, not too long and not too short
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2009
    I play 900 until I find the second person (bf/gf to marry) once they have their first child I set the lifespan to 90 days.
  • TurquesaTurquesa Posts: 306 New Member
    edited August 2009
    EPIC! I can't imagine what I would do if everyone was dieing so quickly ;( I can't lose my favourite sims!
  • Gwenz32Gwenz32 Posts: 523 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I started with the 190 days one, but found it sorta went on forever... so now i play the 90 day one, but it seems too quick! lol. I need something in the middle! haha
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2009
    i use normal because i like legacies and the toddler and baby stage is way to long on 190 days. 90 is perfect for me it gives me enough time to work on everything, on long my sims reach the top of their career to quickly and then it just gets boring so i prefer normal because its more of a challange to get everything in before the sim dies =)
  • Calimero2000Calimero2000 Posts: 1,007 New Member
    edited August 2009
    janey83 wrote:
    I tried it on short but it was TOO short, everyone was dieing to quick. So then I played on normal and thought it was shorter than the Sims 2 so I have been playing on Epic but I think its too long, there should be on in between normal and Epic.

What do you guys think and which one do you use?

My game's on normal. I don't have any elder Sims yet and the only Sim that has died was electrocuted.

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :-D
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    I dont know how to change my lifespan.
  • ColorfulSmilesColorfulSmiles Posts: 126 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Mine is on long and then sometimes i switch back to normal.
  • Calimero2000Calimero2000 Posts: 1,007 New Member
    edited August 2009
    buddychead wrote:
    I dont know how to change my lifespan.

Go to options (Near edit town, press the "..." button) go to the game obtions area and there there's a "Sim Lifespan" slider.

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :-D
  • KrispyTheKornKrispyTheKorn Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2009
    Mine is on long and I have never had a problem with that.

I was going to use Epic but the simmie babies were babies forever! so I went back to Long as that is long enough to do all the stuff they need to do, without being so long that it gets boring.
  • TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited August 2009
    Epic, because I want to enjoy playing them without aging up too soon.
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love my sims, but I don't them around forever. I tried 90 days, but it was too quick. Went to 190 days, but after awhile, I was getting bored, needed to stay away from the game for a while to play again.

Then I found the perfect mod @ MTS called SLAM. Now I play 140 days, that has been working for me.`SLAM lets you find the middle ground. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think I usually play on Medium or Normal. I really haven't found I Sim that I love enough to keep it on Epic or Long, even.
  • JadenThornJadenThorn Posts: 753 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wish there was an in between normal and long (90 to 190 is a big difference). I usually switch between the two, or just turn off aging.
  • SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I downloaded a mod from mts called SLAM which changes the sims lifespan options, i think mine is set to 120 at the moment

Its also great because it makes the child, todler and baby span shorter and adult ect. longer to be ore life-like
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    I switch around. Sometimes Epic, sometimes Long, sometimes Normal.
    If the sim is having a baby I play normal until that baby becomes a toddler. Then I play long so I can have that toddler learn everything and then go back to normal so the tollder will age. I don't like aging early with the birthday cake. Too often they don't get their traits when aging early.
    Once a child I play long until I am ready for the child to age to teen. I keep repeating the process.
    I'm not using Epic as much as I used to. I loved it when I first started playing.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Rockangel48Rockangel48 Posts: 459 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Normal... I have no patience for epic lol
  • MarcieKy47MarcieKy47 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Normal for me, but it does seem like things go to fast sometimes, so maybe I'll try long..
  • mrs_outlandmrs_outland Posts: 279 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Normal, short would be to short and I don't like long or epic. I don't want my sims to live forever.