Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else feel the way i do?

So I completely love the sims 3, but the other day, as i went to grab The Sims 3 i saw alll my other sims 2 discs and i was like " Hey i totally want to play this but i dont know why" anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2009
    Nope.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2009
    I still play TS2 all the time. Probably more than TS3.
    There is still more to do- for me. I like building neighborhoods and Medieval things. :mrgreen:
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Nope. When I see the old sims 2 dvds, I just wonder how much I'm going to sell them for on ebay.
  • ZombieBunnyZombieBunny Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yea sometimes,but once I'm playing I realize how accustomed i've gotten to the sims 3 and pop sims 3 back in.
  • CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited August 2009
    I already went through my Sims 2 withdraw. I went back to playing it, but I came back to Sims 3. I just think Sims 3 is more enjoyable now :mrgreen:
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited August 2009
    :lol: The only time I am tempted is when sims3 is giving me problems-I throw a temper tantrum, curse at the computer and threaten to just reinstall sims2! For some reason, after that my game starts working right again and I forget all about the idea!
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited August 2009
    ive Vowed not to play TS2 because the second it and all of its EPs are so is 9 Gigs of CC for it
  • WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited August 2009
    LaxChica wrote:
    So I completely love the sims 3, but the other day, as i went to grab The Sims 3 i saw alll my other sims 2 discs and i was like " Hey i totally want to play this but i dont know why" anyone else feel this way?

YES!!! :-o You know EXACTLY how I feel now!

See, I even started playing it again yesterday, with all my old families and expansion packs, for nostalgia's sake... I was so sad... xD I missed playing them. I even vowed that I'd only play TS2 from then on... of course, it was around 3:00am (I have no life lol) so my decision-making skills were lacking at that moment. I went back onto the TS2 site and went through the Exchange.... gaaaaaaah... I miss it all...

So, yes. I do know how you feel. xD lol. I miss The Sims 2... but as I was playing TS3 today I realized that once I get my hands on an EP for it, I'll be okay again. :lol: I guess it's because the base game alone is a tad lacking, and I hope World Adventures remedies this.

• berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited August 2009
    I make machinima with both versions, So I do play 2 still :mrgreen:
  • TheEllieTheEllie Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aww sometimes i do miss my sims 2 :D i had such great content in there and a few lagacys. I dont think ill ever quite quit..but for now im totally hipnnoticed by the sims 3 lol
  • musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've been tempted but it's only because I miss all the stuff TS2 had especially the building stuff. But, alas this too shall pass :-)
  • crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It makes me feel sad for some reason. I am drawn between playing it but go to sims 3 instead. Plus I uninstalled it so I don't have any of my families or cc.
  • luigiforever96luigiforever96 Posts: 167 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love Sims 3, but every once in a while I'll pop in Sims 2 and play it for a couple hours to play one of my once-overplayed families. Kind of makes me sad at first that I spent a lot of time and money getting these expansions, but then I think about how cool the Sims 3 expansion packs could get, so the sadness goes away.
  • MothMoth Posts: 646 New Member
    edited August 2009
    LaxChica wrote:
    I'm just sorry I spent so much on them and don't play them right now (I have about 5 EPs). That's more or less what I felt after the sims 2 was realised.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had great sims and tons of cool CC in TS2, but I now have 0 desire to play it. I can't stand loading screens and I am so spoiled by Create-A-Style. Also, everything beyond the lots are low resolution and ugly and the sims have very little personality range.

It's pretty much over for me and TS2.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims 2 and I have parted ways. I loved it for a long time. Now that love has faded away. A new love has come along. A new love who has no loading screens and traits that actually make a difference. This new love lets me lets me do things my way.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I know exactly what you mean. I've actually been playing it lately. The Sims 3 is great, but sometimes I will go back and play The Sims 2. I still love it to pieces!
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'll always think of it fondly, but I doubt I will ever play it again. It was great, but it's gone now.
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't.

The Sims 2 is in my closet, I go into my walk-in closet
    often and I never get the urge to play it. I'm just not
    the type of person that romanticizes things. If I would
    have been so satisfied with TS2 I would never have stopped
    playing it for months and wouldn't have bought TS3.

I do however look forward to all of the additional things
    we had we TS2 with the EP's.
  • OGPoohOGPooh Posts: 276 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm in-between. There's just so much extra content (EPs, CC, etc) in my TS2 game, that TS3 feels extremely lacking at this point. I really, really miss building towns & the ability to switch between families at any time with no ill effects. I know the content issue will take care of itself over time. I also know that for all intents & purposes, playing TS2 is futile. Basically, I play TS3, but I'm not as engrossed as I would be if the base game wasn't lacking the things I'm used to in TS2 (weather should have been standard). I played TS2 the other day. And while I really missed all that I had built (it was a lot) & the families I had created... It also felt sadly out of date. TS3 offers so much more, that even though it doesn't yet have all the details available from the EPs, it's hard to go back & play TS2 with any sense of real purpose.
  • ff445ff445 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes . lol I cant wait until I get my disk's back from my friends house & I will play it way more than I play the sims3. Lol theres way more to do. When the sims3 gets more stuff to do - maybe then I will say goodbye to the sims2. haha.
  • jaybird10001jaybird10001 Posts: 1,442 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I feel the exact same way. But there is no way that I could play. I sold all my games. :( I completely regret it.