Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creations by Glenkarri. .... CLIFFSIDE Sunset Valley Modern... P 47

Comments

• GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks so much Paublo and NiniBeMe, lovely to have you pop by my Showcase thread, glad you like the builds.

Taryn, thank you sooo much for letting me know about DNA, I have applied forthwith and hopefully might join your team soon, who knows. Just fun to be asked at any rate. Take care everyone :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited January 2013
    Rose Cottage and Everleigh Springs are just lovely builds :) I really like all the beautiful floral work in the cottage build. It all looks so pretty. And very nice furnishing of the inside. I can imsagine your photographer really enjoying living in this home and spending time in the studio, with such nice surroundings to live in ! And Everleigh Springs is just so very nice and i like the boardwalk. Very great and special nature-themed build that you have designed, which many a Sim would really like to call their home and spend much time in. :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2013
    3 new beautiful builds! WOW! :D You have been busy! I love all of them. :D

The Hibiscus Cove is perfect for Sunlit Tides. I like the fact that it is surrounded by water. Love the interiors. Very appropriate for the theme. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rose Cottage is gorgeous! Very chocolate box! :D I adore the exterior and the garden. The pool area looks stunning! The interiors are cosy and I especially love that kitchen. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Everleigh Springs looks lovely! I love that boardwalk! Love how the house is surrounded by greenery! It is truly a nature lover's paradise. Lovely interiors. I especially love the living room and the dining room. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited January 2013
    :D Many thanks Yanti and Rose, I thoroughly enjoyed working on these builds and your kind comments are very much appreciated, take care :D
  • gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Glenkarri, I have had a chance to look through these forum pages and your studio and you have been very busy these last few months that I have been away building great houses. I especially love all the homes you built for SunLit Tides and I may just have to purchase that world just to use all your builds in it!! Hibiscus Cove is wonderful and it reminds of the Ocean Club in Bahamas--you can just feel the balmy breeze coming through. And Rose Cottage is adorable and took me back to the time when I was mad about decorating with that light luscious blue and mauve mixed with wood--yummy. I love the unique architecture of Lavender Hills and Everleigh Springs is fantastic with that wonderful boardwalk. What marvelous ideas you have and your interiors are just so fun for me to gaze upon--you blend colors very well and your creativity is terrific. I have rec'd them all and fav'd several and will have to check in more often to see your talents. XX00 karen
    edited January 2013
    :mrgreen:Thanks so much Karen, lovely to hear from you again and that you are back to building again, look forward to seeing more lovely Gokukaren creations in the future :D
    edited February 2013
    Here is a single bedroom, Modern build, with minimal decor inside and clean white walls. Reason...... a Photographer/Artist can live here and fully concentrate on the job at hand. Somewhere comfy to eat, sleep and live, but with no other distractions, your Sim can create and hang their works to your heart's content.

Presenting
    SHIFT
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6956954

Front view
    Screenshot_zps9912df3d.jpg
    Out back a lovely waterfall and pond
    Screenshot-7_zps23a2159c.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zpseb22422e.jpg

Simple kitchen out on the deck

Screenshot-12_zpse2373785.jpg
    A nice lounge to kick back after a hard day in the field
    Screenshot-11_zpsbe7ad7b7.jpg
    Bedroom is comfy
    Screenshot-8_zps37af626a.png
    Bathroom is modern with clean lines
    Screenshot-9_zpsab919a6d.png
    edited February 2013
    Hi Guys.....Here is the Read It, Hang It Gallery a small Art Gallery at an affordable price (with Motherlode) for your Photographer/Artist to own and then share their works with the Sim Public, also a Library and Hangout.

READ IT, HANG IT GALLERY
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6960960

Oh WOW, I can afford this Place
    ReadIt_zpsa7afd635.jpg
    COOL
    Screenshot-3_zpsc0eca072.jpg
    Lots of scope here
    Readitpc_zpse72dc3da.jpg
    Great study and reference area and look at those blank walls for Art etc
    Readitpc2_zps652ff027.jpg
    This upstairs room could be anything, private even, or for that Conference or Convention
    Screenshot-5_zpsa302192f.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2013
    Great modern home for a photographer/artist Sim :) I like the way you have designeed it to suit such a Sim. I like the outdoor kitchen on the deck that the sim could look out from whilst cooking and think about what he/she would next paint/photograph. I like the restful surroundings of the pond and waterfall. A very nice place to live. :)
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi Glenkarri
    So many wonderful builds, Rose Cottage is delightful. :D Left Rec's for all. :D:D Folly
    edited February 2013
    Hey there Glenkarri, I love your 2 new builds. :D

The photographer's home looks so picture perfect! I love the settings. With water and so much green, it looks truly like a perfect place for a nature lover/artist/photographer! Love the structure and that wrap around balcony looks ideal for enjoying the magnificent views. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Hang it Gallery looks lovely too! Again lovely structure and I like the colours you have used. Like the combination of stone and wood. Nice interiors. Looks very realistic. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited February 2013
    I like your art gallery/ library. It looks good and will be great for photographers/artists to display their works. Great title for the build too! :) Very useful build !
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2013
    What a great idea Glenkarri! It's so pretty too! Rec'd!

T
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much ladies, they are simple builds but suit a purpose. Yeah, yeah, I have gone photographer mad, weeeeeeeeell, I am looking to make some lovely artworks to hang and decorate other builds, all a work in progress so far, but lots of fun learning :D
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your latest two builds are great. Shift is so stylish. i love the water features and your photographer's home is a great idea. Rec'd them both.
    edited February 2013
    Sharing a nice little Green and Gold (Aussie Colours) home that is very much like a typical, modern Day Australian Home in RL. I built the shell & fixed outside colours some time back and then shared the work with Kaztomp and Harley2, for a fun collaboration by the 3 Aussies, it was uploaded as Eloura. I still had my own interior design ideas of course and came up with Appinway. It popped out at me the other day and I thought, time to share this version. It's 2 bedroom, one bath, a nice size for a small family and will fit in anywhere.

APPINWAY
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6974551

Screenshot-8-4_zps6d86d87a.jpg
    Screenshot-41x_zpse6340fcc.jpg
    Screenshot-18x_zps87df3b38.jpg
    Open plan Lounge, dining, kitchen ground floor area
    Screenshot-31x_zps384dd78a.png
    Screenshot-28x_zps35ace853.png
    Upstairs a computer nook and room for the kids
    Screenshot-36x_zps536ee713.jpg
    Screenshot-33x_zpsf5be74c0.jpg
    A lovely outdoor pool area
    Screenshot-37x_zpsf0bc43ac.png
    Right alongside the home, a flower covered trellis walkway leads to an outdoor BBQ area
    Screenshot-40x_zps66d6072b.jpg
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013
    Appinway is a very nice home and i like the exterior design of it. Lovely shades of colours that you have used. I like the outdoor pool area, and can just see our Sims walking along the pretty floral lined trellis walkway. Such a nice home for our Sims to live in! :)
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited February 2013
    So glad you've posted the link to your showcase thread ... bookmarked now of course!
    All your creations are just fabulous!! Your choice and blending of colours is superb and and your landscaping is always spot on!!! :thumbup:

About Appinway I especially love the dining/lounge area and the trellis walkway!!

Can't wait for your next wonderful creation!! :D
    edited February 2013
    Thank you so much ladies for your lovely comments. Yes, posting the Forum thread to My Page, not a bad idea, so Glenkarri was a bit slow on the uptake there...........better late than never, or was it a Senior Moment, hmm a lot can be attributed to a Senior Moments, for me, thank goodness. Please forgive :lol:
    edited February 2013
    Pretty, pretty, pretty! Lovely welcoming home. Love it! :D Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just catching up on your latest! Appingway looks like a wonderful home - comfy yet stlyish - and I really like the colours you've used. Shift looks really beautiful; I think it might be my favourite of yours so far. I love all those clean lines, and the landscaping is stunning and also perfect for the build. Your art gallery is lovely - it looks like such a fun place to hang out! Rec'd them all :thumbup: :thumbup:

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited February 2013
    I am now very proud to be a member of the DNA Request Team and I am happily creating works for such. My first build has been nicely accepted by Simmers thanks so much

BESTWICK HOUSE
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6999036

Screenshot-50x_zpscac351ef.jpg
    Nice tennis court at rear
    Screenshot-60x_zps29390ea9.jpg
    Screenshot-67x_zps9d65ebb8.jpg
    This is a large Beach House so the entry foyer is cool in wood
    Screenshot-71x_zpsc0f5c6bc.jpg
    Screenshot-78x_zps5a026bcb.jpg
    The master bedroom is lovely and has an adjoining ensuite and walk in wardrobe
    Screenshot-2x_zps6944417a.jpg
    Here's the bright and cheery boy's room
    Screenshot-10x_zpsbabe2674.jpg
    And for the girl's
    Screenshot-14x_zpsae2c73d6.jpg
    All rounded off nicely with a large entertainment room upstairs and lots of fun things to enjoy
    Screenshot-6x_zps30dd8071.jpg
    [img][/img]
    edited February 2013
    Here's the latest as at February 22.
    A Modern home for a family of Science buffs, with plenty of library space and an invention room in the basement.

AKERSLEY COURT
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7023261

Screenshot-42x_zpse07ba8e0.jpg
    Screenshot-15x_zps07234743.jpg
    Screenshot-18xx_zps48518c19.jpg
    Screenshot-35x_zpsc3842e2f.jpg
    Screenshot-36x_zps34c2699b.jpg
    Screenshot-32x_zpsde85ab6a.jpg
    Screenshot-31x_zps0a43dc0f.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2013
    Congratulations on joining DNA. Your houses are beautiful and I'm sure you'll have many happy customers.

Just to let you know. I tried to rec your latest two, but it is the same link for both.