Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move a whole house

13...Next

Comments

• TimmyCrackCornTimmyCrackCorn Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Any news on this? I have wanted this from day ONE of playing the game, which was only about a month ago. Bumping this thread with extreme prejudice. We can't let this one die, folks. :)
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited January 2013
    Any news on this? I have wanted this from day ONE of playing the game, which was only about a month ago. Bumping this thread with extreme prejudice. We can't let this one die, folks. :)

I have wanted this since TS2!
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited January 2013
    The rectangle shaped pre-made lots are the worst because it limits where you can put the house and until you actually place the lot, you have no way of knowing how the house is oriented on the lot. I would like to be able to adjust the lot sizes to match since a lot of pre-made communitly lots are such odd sizes, none of which are available using the world editor tool in "Edit Town" mode.
  • HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited January 2013
    I so agree with this.
  • nicohnanicohna Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I normally just use pre-made houses as well but this tool would be fantastic for Legacy Challenges. I really don't want to delete my house :(
  • RedroxRedrox Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Everything you build/create should be able to be captured as an object and then you could place that object on any (big enough) lot at any position you like. Please EA for once do something nice for your community.
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited March 2013
    That blueprint tool would've been handy and great if we could've used it fully.
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    That blueprint tool would've been handy and great if we could've used it fully.

Agreed. As it sits, it's an utter waste of space for someone like me.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. I'd love to have this capability. I always count the squares wrong!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • arielmtarielmt Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I soooo need the ability to shift a house's location on a lot. I built a house on an odd-sized 36 x 47 lot and realized the house was too large for the lot because I wanted to put a swimming pool and other things in the yard. Fortunately, I was able to move the house to a 60 x 60 lot but it's in the very center of the lot. It would look so much better proportionately if I could move it towards the edge of the lot and add the other outdoors amenities and landscaping I want.

Please, let's have a group object move tool!
  • jenniecratenjenniecraten Posts: 87 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Adding my voice to this!!! i just chose a really cute little house for my YA sim to move out of her parents house and into. But i also wanted it up in the hills in riverview, which means a fairly large lot. im going to have to do some creative architecture to make it look reasonable lol. the driveway is like 6 squares away from the road!!
  • FluffyFlameyFluffyFlamey Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone found a solution to this yet? Maybe even some mod? Please, I really need this to move my house a couple of blocks because I want to make something. :(
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    edited June 2013
    I agree--we could really use this. I have built walls & torn down enough times also, to want this!
  • tomarixhazumutomarixhazumu Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Haha I have had this happen to me soo many times... I usually end up catching it early, or just modifying the structure as I see fit. Not sure If they could actually do it, but this would be a great thing to look into trying.

ETA:
    adventfear: If that's what I think it is, that looks like a solution. :)
  • -CrazySpoonLady--CrazySpoonLady- Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    ~I don't know if people still read this, but we really need this. It happened to me and I stumbled across this forum in search for answers, and now I'm frustrated that they don't have anything for it. :( I want to contact EA and tell them about looking in to it, but for one I don't know how, and for two I think that honestly they wouldn't do anything about it. I fully support this!~
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2013
    ~I don't know if people still read this, but we really need this. It happened to me and I stumbled across this forum in search for answers, and now I'm frustrated that they don't have anything for it. :( I want to contact EA and tell them about looking in to it, but for one I don't know how, and for two I think that honestly they wouldn't do anything about it. I fully support this!~

It came in Patch 1.55. o_O

When you place a house, you can see lot controls on the bottom right-hand side.

• masterw3masterw3 Posts: 201 Member
    edited July 2013
    It would be nice if you could hold Control+Shift then using the hand, move whatever is attached to what you grab (aka: the whole house).
    Easy to implement that way, with a control and shift drag

Like my resort lot, the pool lines up with the tower, but the main building is off by one block.. Annoying

But yes, as far as repositioning a house on the lot, supposedly, in this last patch, when you place a house on a new lot, you can move it around on the lot a bit.
  • KingArawnKingArawn Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    I always have this issue!!! Usually I use the pre-made houses but I always have horses and its very difficult to build a barn, indoor arena, pastures, and training facilities around a house that's right smack in the middle of the lot. How hard would it be to make a tool that allows you to pick the house up and move it? I really hope to see this soon or in Sims 4.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    KingArawn wrote:
    I always have this issue!!! Usually I use the pre-made houses but I always have horses and its very difficult to build a barn, indoor arena, pastures, and training facilities around a house that's right smack in the middle of the lot. How hard would it be to make a tool that allows you to pick the house up and move it? I really hope to see this soon or in Sims 4.

Sims 3 has that tool, in a form, with the lot positioning controls.

Sims 4 has already demonstrated you can pick up and move rooms around... moving a whole house isn't that difficult with that.
  • SnailAndShinjiSnailAndShinji Posts: 2 New Member
    has anyone figured out how to do it?
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    This thread is from 2013! Moving a complete house on a lot is possible with Sims 4!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top