Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Type a comment if you want more instruments in your game!!!!!

If you want more instruments in your game, like a piano, saxophone, and so on, type a response or comment in this forum!

Comments

• artimismurdocartimismurdoc Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    I got a fever. and the only cure is more cowbell!
  • firecat88firecat88 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    More instruments would be great. I play a little bit of piano in real life, so it'd be nice if my self-Sim had a piano as well. Also, I miss the karaoke machine from TS2.
  • DeejCeejDeejCeej Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    firecat88 wrote:
    More instruments would be great. I play a little bit of piano in real life, so it'd be nice if my self-Sim had a piano as well. Also, I miss the karaoke machine from TS2.

i agree with firecat88, and i would like to have an electric guitare, that would be nice.
    also more things to get your skills up.

Edit:
    Also a mic. i mean come on. and a stage or something.. and a place to buy clothes (or i'm i just not looking good enough to find that?)
  • phoenixmaidphoenixmaid Posts: 250 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd love to see more Instruments. Especially a violin and a flute.
  • ifmemoryservesifmemoryserves Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Please, yes! More instruments!
  • digitaldoodlebugdigitaldoodlebug Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i love the guitar, but i want the piano back! even same songs as the guitar is fine... or have it be a no skill just fun thing
    edited June 2009
    I got a fever. and the only cure is more cowbell!

Agreed. xD This game definitely needs more cowbell.
  • SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wouldn't mind more. :D
  • EbonyViperEbonyViper Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes. Instruments. Definitely. The following are just a few I would love to see:

-Electric guitar
    -Bass
    -Drumkit
    -Violin
    -Flute
    -Harmonica
    -Grand Piano

-Mic. It would be cool for sims to be able to form bands. Sort of like in TS2 university (I think?), only better. Depending on the mix of instruments, maybe people get different options of genres to play. Or all instruments get a wide range of genres, not limited Rock/Country/Jazz. Classical with electric guitars/drums would be win(Think Trans Siberian Orchestra). They could play in the park for big bucks. The more skilled they are as a whole, the more money they earn when playing for tips.
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Electric guitar. How can I make a true rockstar sim without one?

Speaking of electric instruments:
    Synthesizer FTW. I could totally go for some retro New Wave music :P
  • TheZivaTheZiva Posts: 568 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had a dream last night, about the design meeting on musical instruments. You'd like to think a lot of thought went into the reasons why they did some of the things they did, but in my dream it went like this;

A Guy in a business suit is listening to a bearded developer who is wearing a soiled t-shirt.

He asks him;

"How long it will take you to make the instruments for this game?"

The developer responds;

"Well, the musical skill works the same for each of them, the user simply plays the object and skills up with it, so the hard part is done. However, I'd say at least a few hours to create all the animations for each instrument, piano, saxophone and so on. All I did was do the acoustic guitar so I could show you this demo."

The EA business guy only hears; "Well, the musical skill ... is done.." and tunes out the rest. So he says;

"Hold off on that, sparky..whatever you are talking about, listen I need you to make sure there are more items in the online store, kk? thanks bye.." and then proceeds to absent-mindfully check his blackberry, signaling the meeting was over.

edited June 2009
    TheZiva wrote:
    I had a dream last night, about the design meeting on musical instruments. You'd like to think a lot of thought went into the reasons why they did some of the things they did, but in my dream it went like this;

A Guy in a business suit is listening to a bearded developer who is wearing a soiled t-shirt.

He asks him;

The developer responds;

"Well, the musical skill works the same for each of them, the user simply plays the object and skills up with it, so the hard part is done. However, I'd say at least a few hours to create all the animations for each instrument, piano, saxophone and so on. All I did was do the acoustic guitar so I could show you this demo."

The EA business guy only hears; "Well, the musical skill ... is done.." and tunes out the rest. So he says;

"Hold off on that, sparky..whatever you are talking about, listen I need you to make sure there are more items in the online store, kk? thanks bye.." and then proceeds to absent-mindfully check his blackberry, signaling the meeting was over.

This made me giggle so much. And, yet, it probably did happen just like that. :mrgreen:
  • SimInTheSunSimInTheSun Posts: 3,170 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, more instruments would be nice! 8)
  • teradanielleteradanielle Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    More instruments! I was sad not to see my piano...
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    TheZiva wrote:

He asks him;

The developer responds;

Wow. That sounds 100% like I would imagine it :lol:
  • locanmureslocanmures Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A piano is definitely a must.
  • Kolin32kKolin32k Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, more instruments please!

(Please dont make them all expensive store items :( )
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sort of agreed. I'm assuming we'll get the other instruments we used to have (violin, electric guitar,bass, drums, piano) in expansion packs.

I'd like to see turntables (not a HUGE DJ booth, just turntables) and I think a saxophone would be fun.
  • pooh68893pooh68893 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The drums Base guitar mic electric guitar piano harp Dj electric piano
    karaoke machine there heaps i want all of the instruments in the game now would it awesome as :D
  • FelidaeEvolFelidaeEvol Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
    They need a bass, harmonica and some drums for sure. :)
  • katiek89katiek89 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i was suprised to see there was no piano...seriously! Even an electric keyboard would suffice right now! I would also like to see a harp...I think they are pretty and my really nice homes could use a nice hard in the corner.
  • unrealkwunrealkw Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It would be nice if they add more stuff in next pach just make game more fun
  • erinmblair19erinmblair19 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2009
    They need the piano back for sure! They had the piano back in The Sims and The Sims 2 -- why was it left out for Sims 3?

I want the piano and the drums back!