Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited January 2013
    karalove15 wrote:
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I'm glad you're excited! If you want to pitch some stuff then let me know!

The only thing I could really do is make sims for the world as I'm not very good with building and CAW. If you want me to make sims for you, let me know!

Hi! I definitely could use help on Sim-making later in the process. I'm imagining a much more racially diverse place than Al Simhara. I don't know how much I could stick to this, but I'd like:

65 percent North African Arab including one Large royal Family
    25 percent Mediterranean Skinned White, such as Spanish, Greek, or Italian
    7 percent Blonde British or German White
    3 percent Asiatic

I'm not sure how many total population I can do, since I only have 2 houses so far, and large neighborhoods won't fit in very easily.

Obviously it should be CC free
    edited January 2013
    Kerim99 wrote:
    Oh,
    It looks EXACTLY like Morocco. :)
    I always wanted a moroccan world :D

Thanks! I'm trying to pay as much attention to detail as possible.
    edited January 2013
    My progress post has been updated if you guys want to take a peek.
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love Morocco, and this world is looking great! Keep it up! :mrgreen:
  • karalove15karalove15 Posts: 58 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi! I definitely could use help on Sim-making later in the process. I'm imagining a much more racially diverse place than Al Simhara. I don't know how much I could stick to this, but I'd like:

65 percent North African Arab including one Large royal Family
    25 percent Mediterranean Skinned White, such as Spanish, Greek, or Italian
    7 percent Blonde British or German White
    3 percent Asiatic

I'm not sure how many total population I can do, since I only have 2 houses so far, and large neighborhoods won't fit in very easily.

Obviously it should be CC free

No problem! Just let me know when you get further into the world and want me to make the sims and I'll get right on it. :-)
    edited February 2013
    Cool! I'll definitely keep in touch with you!
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, no updates today! I didn't have much time for playing today.
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oooh, how exciting!! Bookmarked :thumbup: :thumbup:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited February 2013
    Yay!
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ah you're work so far is stunning! This is a beautiful world so far :) can't wait to see more!
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2013
    This looks really good so far. I love the Minaret. I have always been fascinated by North African architecture and you've captured that really well.
    edited February 2013
    Thank you both so much for your encouragement!
    edited February 2013
    Day 7 has been updated!
  • rchristisonrchristison Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's looking great so far, I can't wait to see the finished world :)
    I love the Architecture, art and stories from the arabic culture. I had the chance to visit Marrakesh a few years ago, some of things that really stick out are bright crazy colour combinations ( on tile walls & floors) salmon coloured buildings and old city walls, small tight streets, court yards, lush gardens with fountains or some kind of water feature, majorelle blue, dark woods with metal features....hope this gives you some ideas, also if you prepopulate the world, every Sim should have a friendly trait, everyone was so nice! :D

Bookmarked....good luck! :)
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
    edited February 2013
    It's looking great so far, I can't wait to see the finished world :)
    I love the Architecture, art and stories from the arabic culture. I had the chance to visit Marrakesh a few years ago, some of things that really stick out are bright crazy colour combinations ( on tile walls & floors) salmon coloured buildings and old city walls, small tight streets, court yards, lush gardens with fountains or some kind of water feature, majorelle blue, dark woods with metal features....hope this gives you some ideas, also if you prepopulate the world, every Sim should have a friendly trait, everyone was so nice! :D

Bookmarked....good luck! :)

Wow! I did get some ideas out of that. Also I bought a traveller's guide to southern Spain which shares a lot of North African Arab culture.

Would you be interested in helping with this world? I could definitely use a builder right now.
    edited February 2013
    My idea for the layout of the city so far is to fill up my island with markets and houses that look like it is. Across the river from that, I'll be placing a tall plateau overlooking the rest of the city. On this plateau most of my amenity-lots will be a giant playground for the Sultan and his family. Among these, I'll include: A Giant Royal Palace, A long lush garden in front, An Opera House, A museum, and possibly a Mosque.

On the other side of the river, I'll include more houses like I've built so far, but with a bit more space. I might include a tiny Christian chapel down there.

The town will be filled with adventures.

Right now, I'm thinking of one where a cartel of merchants is trying to undermine the Sultan's monopoly.

Another one is a trek down a desolate. well into a secret aquifer where I can put very rare freshwater fish spawners.

Also, It might be fun to create a mission where you break into an Island prison in order to find keystones to certain areas.

edited February 2013
    I think I'll start tomb building when most of my neighborhoods are finished
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:

Wow! I did get some ideas out of that. Also I bought a traveller's guide to southern Spain which shares a lot of North African Arab culture.

Would you be interested in helping with this world? I could definitely use a builder right now.
    Hmmmm... I'm not the best builder or the most original, but sure why not I'll give you a hand! :) What are you needing? :D
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited February 2013
    this looks very interesting, i'll keep watching :)

I hope theirs one empty 40x40 lot because i have the perfect house for it, can't offer it though because it was built for me by someone else.
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:

Hmmmm... I'm not the best builder or the most original, but sure why not I'll give you a hand! :) What are you needing? :D

Hi rchristison! I'd like to start off with a very small `0x10 public fountain with a small geometric hedge garden. Would you be able to do something like that? Even if you're not the best builder, I think you could definitely draw on your memories for inspiration.
    edited February 2013
    krimsonnox wrote:
    this looks very interesting, i'll keep watching :)

I hope theirs one empty 40x40 lot because i have the perfect house for it, can't offer it though because it was built for me by someone else.

Yeah right now the part of the city I'm making is called a "Medina" in Arabic culture. The streets are supposed to look maze-like and so by doing that, I sacrifice some lot size.

I'll be adding the standard 30x30 and 40x40 lots in the areas away from the Medina. (Basically, that means that you'll get your lot, but it won't be in the most central location)
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to devote most of today to minor terrain structuring and looking for great moroccan custom patterns
    edited February 2013
    I've been trying to figure out how to make tombs and I'm losing a bit of motivation for that at the moment...
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Your world looks amazing! Truly spectacular!! I love it and wouldn't mind downloading it once you're done.

:thumbup:
    edited February 2013
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Hi rchristison! I'd like to start off with a very small `0x10 public fountain with a small geometric hedge garden. Would you be able to do something like that? Even if you're not the best builder, I think you could definitely draw on your memories for inspiration.

Sure I'll get right on it :-) , I've been checking out my photos I took of the Jardin Majorelle and a few others for inspiration. i'm presuming it's 10x10 you were wanting and not 0x10...my sims aren't that skinny!!:P :lol:
    Origin ID - OrtwinOmaar

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top