Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone had twins/triplets yet?

Comments

• cloud_the_catcloud_the_cat Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sims first pregnancy twin girls next triplet boys next triplet girls then twin boys lolz she has na nanny in her house all day helpuing her its crazy she is also a cop too
  • cloud_the_catcloud_the_cat Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lolz I have a problem my sim had twins and I forgot if its a boy or girl can anyone tell me unisex names?
  • ColorfulSmilesColorfulSmiles Posts: 126 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had a lot of twin girls. :D
  • SeaMonsterDylanSeaMonsterDylan Posts: 216 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I finally had triplets!!! (one exclaimation point for each baby)

Thanks for the tip on watching the kids channel and listening to kids music on the radio during pregnancy - I believe that's what did the trick. I'm dizzy now after simulaneously potty training/teaching to walk and talk all 3 toddlers!
  • xGlamorousxGlamorous Posts: 138 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had 3 sets of twin girls

First set are almost young adults
    Second set are almost teenagers
    And the third set is almost toddlers.

Mom's ready for a break and a spa day xD
  • burntfingersburntfingers Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Nickole908 wrote:
    Also, I'm having a very hard time developing relationships. One of the sims is now a young adult in that family & I'm finding it impossible to get her a boyfriend, let alone married.

What works for me is to select "Meet New Friends" and "Talk to Friends" when the kids are going to school. It gives them a chance to meet kids of the opposite gender, grow up, and find themselves in relationships with people their own age. I was hating it when I would get one of my sims in a relationship, then her boyfriend would become an elder the next day (and she was a young adult). Gross. So, this is what I do now and it's worked like a charm since.
  • Parrotman807Parrotman807 Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2009
    I had twins and they were a handful!
    I couldn;t imagine triplets!
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes, my first family had three sets.
  • XxXReidoXxXXxXReidoXxX Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yea , My Sims Had Twins :)
  • rockgirl92rockgirl92 Posts: 114 New Member
    edited August 2009
    With the fertility treatment, if one parent has it they get twins but if both have it triplets are born. That's what mine all ways does!
  • cillysmommycillysmommy Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i learned off a mod website that the more kids tv or kids music your pregger sim listened to that the beteer your chances of having a multiple birth was i have only tried it once but i ended up with twin girls!!! i also ate watermelon the whole time!!!
  • xanchaxancha Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My dude wanted 5 kids, had the first with wifey, then 3, then 2, was a mess!! Poor guy had it hard after the 3rd pregnancy. Careful what you wish for.
  • FAWKES411FAWKES411 Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2009
    Just had triplets. Lucille, Brianna & Ruthie.

They're almost toddlers, THANK GOD. They have one older sister, and their parents both wanted a boy. Just one more kid, & the mom can get her lifetime happiness. :)
  • spiralbuddyspiralbuddy Posts: 26 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I read that watching the children's channel and listening to the kid's music helps produce twins, and I did so sometimes at the same time. Also, bought a boom box, stored in my inventory and pulled it out whereever she was, even in the library reading the pregnancy books, and put kids music on.

Neither of the parents had the fertility treatment, yet the first try I had twins!

Made one evil and one good. :twisted: :lol:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    edited September 2009
    I had both twins and trips. Twins from having the mum listen/watching kids music/tv while pregnant. I didn't pay much attention to that, so I don't think it is needed to spend much time on just that.

To have trips my sims had the fertility reward. Can't remember, but I think she also watched kids tv. Might not be needed though.

Rising twins is easy, trips is more demanding especially in a smaller house.

One of my houses had a total of 6 kids while I was playing other houses. They live in a small home with just one spare bedroom, so I must admit that I play other houses until thre kids start school.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited September 2009
    I had lots of twins! I usually have girl twins and I never had different gender twins. I hadn't had triplets yet, but my sim is pregnant and I hope she will have triplets :-)
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2009
    I've had twins and triplets. I had triplets when I gave both mum and dad fertility treatment. I had all boys.

I've had girl/girl twins, boy/boy twins, AND boy/girl twins.

The trick (that worked for me) for boy/girl twins is to get your daddy or someone else in the house at the top of the medical career, and then when mums pregnant get him/her to tell mum the gender of the baby. Then go sit in front of tv/radio for ages, and eat three of the opposite fruit. If he said it was a girl, eat three apples, vice versa, and if he said it was a boy, eat three watermelons.

I don't know whether its 100%, but you my sim gave birth to both girl and boy ;D
  • Meluv_CookiesMeluv_Cookies Posts: 788 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I had twins with the grim reaper o.o.
    No fertility treatment, but i watched the kid's channel on the tv.
    It took a while to get them.. but now idk if i want them anymore?
    im not sure if i should just kill them (hmm i wonder if the grim reaper would take their souls :P)
    or just delete them or keep in my library.

How do you have kids with the grim reaper????
    It sounds interesting....
  • orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I read somewhere that the apple/watermelon thing for pregnancies has been taken off. Is that true?

I really want a boy/girl twin set since my current heir had twin older sisters and he had triplets himself (3 boys names Raziel, Uriel and Gabriel [3 archangels]). I want who ever becomes the heir to have a boy and a girl twin.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited September 2009
    I have had twins, no triplets. I really want to experience triplets...just once. Then, after that, twins will be plenty!

Sarah
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • KavitaaKavitaa Posts: 40 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I've had a lot of twins and triplets. In the first generation, there were fifteen kids, all twins or triplets.
  • achaylachayl Posts: 6
    edited December 2009
    My lady gave birth to triplets last night!!!! I have to put some serious play into this game today I guess! I had her eat watermelon, so they're all girls, and I had her take the fertility treatment. I was only hoping for twins, but I hope this doesn't finish her off!! I will try to hire a nanny as often as possible.
  • RandomspiritRandomspirit Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited December 2009

Kind of weirdly - I've never had twins... but have had two sets of triplets (not in the same house, though, Haha)

One set was born yesterday, All girls.
    The other set were a couple of months ago, and they were 2 boys and 1 girl.

I love having triplets, Because most of my sims have either 3 or 4 children. So its all done with in one go :mrgreen:

• NeceyNecey Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I've had many triplets and twins. They have taken away the food effects on gender. I am very angry because all of my twins/triplets are now all one sex- so i'll get 2 or 3 boys, then another set 2 or 3 girls. I wish they would have multi-gender twins/triplets again... it is annoying to have all one gender each go. The fertility treatments give triplets/twins every time if both adults have them, and twins roughly half the time if only one parent has it. It only costs 10,000 lifetime reward points to get the fertility treatment.
  • anniemausanniemaus Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    My sims just had triplet girls, I think I went a little overboard with the fertility treatment and watermelons- I bought 10 and had her eat all of them throughout the pregnancy.

There's a babysitter helping out though, does he leave? If he does, HOW DO I GET HIM BACK??