Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moreaux (WIP Post) Uploaded. Details on page 1

Hi

This has now been uploaded here - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7263564

And a new post has been made here - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/674749.page

Thank you everyone for your support.

This is actually the 5th world I have built but is the first I am happy enough with to showcase(the 2nd actually but I lost the first one because my hard drive died and I lost everything :()

I am a huge Tru Blood fan and I wanted a town to fit that theme. Twinbrook is great but doesn't have much room for expansion so I thought I would make my own. Most of my inspiration for this world has been from a place called Natchitoches. I found some images of this town online and think it is just beautiful.

I have separated the town into several areas, a very residential area, the main town made up of mainly community lots, an out-of-town area, a swamp area and I will be adding some farmland too.

I have made this post because I would love some feedback and also tips to make it better.

Here are some screenshots.

Swamp

Screenshot-36_zpscc5bcafb.jpg

Screenshot-35_zpsbba4d359.jpg

Screenshot-32_zps02a547ca.jpg

Screenshot-31_zps74973fef.jpg

Screenshot-24_zps0cfca56f.jpg

Screenshot-20-3_zps9081da3f.jpg

Residential Area - This still needs a lot of work, lots mainly

Screenshot-12-2_zps0df8988e.jpg

Screenshot-14-3_zps1baebc81.jpg

Main street

Screenshot-78_zps6a745eff.jpg

Screenshot-76_zps18028165.jpg

Screenshot-75_zps88481843.jpg

Screenshot-21-2_zpsae5bd69c.jpg

Overview

Screenshot-23-2_zps2645fe9d.jpg

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi :D

It looks lovely and has the atmosphere to match your theme. :thumbup:
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited January 2013
    It looks really good so far! It's really got that Louisiana sort of feel to it!
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited January 2013
    This looks very great. :D I was thinking of starting A New Orleans, Bayou themed world myself.
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you all. I've never been to Louisiana (or the US for that matter) so I was hoping I captured the feel properly
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You've certainly achieved the look very well-where 'ya from?
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow, very nice. :thumbup: I love your swamp, and main street looks great too. Looking forward to seeing more. :D
  • xXPetraGirlXxxXPetraGirlXx Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2013
    Your world looks awesome. The buildings in your world are very pretty. I love the theme. :thumbup:
    edited January 2013
    Lennon777 wrote:
    You've certainly achieved the look very well-where 'ya from?

Thanks a lot. I'm from the UK, a small town near London
    Wow, very nice. I love your swamp, and main street looks great too. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you. I'm building a few shacks to put in the swamp area so should have some more pictures soon

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    It looks great! I like the style of the buildings in the town centre. :D
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2013

Nice, I don't think you really need much help, you are doing awesome :D
  • MatpengMatpeng Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi Sinkala !
    Your world is beautiful, and I'm glad to see (finally) a True Blood-theme world. This is beautiful, the town centre, and everything is reallyt nice. It remind me New Orleans with those colored houses !
    Great Job !
    NATASHA_zpstbj4jzku.jpg
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited January 2013
    looks lovely. I love your swamp area, great job :thumbup:
  • IwanaloginIwanalogin Posts: 300 Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks like fifth time's the charm!! :D
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks amazing. Very excited for this! :mrgreen:

Can you say for definite which EPs, SPs, Store and Custom Content you'll be using or is it too early?
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks great!
    It reminds me of where I used to live :D
    edited January 2013
    Thank you all so much
    Looks amazing. Very excited for this! :mrgreen:

Can you say for definite which EPs, SPs, Store and Custom Content you'll be using or is it too early?

Hi,I have all EP's and so will likely use items from all of them. I haven't used any CC and I am trying to limit the amount of store items. I have used the Old Town set from the store (kindly gifted me by rsdorothy - and the start of this idea)I have avoided using any items that are linked to store worlds or store lots. I'll be putting a full list together at a later date
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks so good so far!!
    edited January 2013
    A small update - added some shacks to the swamp area

Screenshot-41.jpg?t=1359397592

Screenshot-42.jpg?t=1359397548

A church in the town centre with a church hall for weddings

Screenshot-34.jpg?t=1359397834

Screenshot-35.jpg?t=1359397796
    edited January 2013
    Here are a few more pictures

This is a closer view of some of the main street lots

A dance club

Screenshot-53.jpg?t=1359492862

Consignment Store

Screenshot-54.jpg?t=1359492847

Salon

Screenshot-49.jpg?t=1359492969

Exclusive Lounge

Screenshot-52.jpg?t=1359492902
  • JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2013
    great job!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    I might be tempted to try this world.

I like the landscaping around the swamp and I like how you've split it into a town area and a farmland area. :D
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited January 2013
    wonderful, I actually went to University in Natchitoches and my best friend was from there. Theres not really any swamps that far north in that area. But your main street perfectly captures the street next to the Cane River. It's called Front Street actually. The houses look nice and like they fit, there are a some victorians that are older in the area around Front Street. There was this one house, that i remember though I loved because the guy was an artist and he had a naturally overgrown yard with Statues all over, including this neat metal dragon, I always thought it looked like fairys lived there. You gave me a wonderful feeling of nostalgia. Oh and there was a part called "the bricks" which was under the seawall right in front of the water. They had concerts there, but my friends would just hang out by the water , there was like a small park in that part too.

Just saw the church, are you looking at inspiration pics from the town, i remember there being an old pretty important church in town. :) Looks impressive.
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited January 2013
    Beautiful! I had been wanting to create such a world as this but you're pulling it off so well I don't need to :D Can't wait to see more pics it's an excellent world so far!
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited January 2013
    I really like how it looks :-)
    I love your buildings :thumbup:
  • April4389April4389 Posts: 285 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow!!! I haven't seen True Blood or Louisiana(except in pictures or movies Lol) but this looks wonderful!!! This is exactly the kind of world I've been looking for! Please excuse all the exclamations but I'm excited about this world Lol!!! Your doing a wonderful job! Can't wait to see more updates!!! :D