Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New set: Ragtime in the Big Easy

13...Next

Comments

• Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you Allspice1232 for the beautiful pictures! I can't wait to have those dresses in my game :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ok... love it too much and depressing myself that I need to wait for it. Thanks for posting the pics everyone! Can anyone tell me if the coats are outerwear enabled?

You're welcome, and yes they are. :)

Excellent! :D:D:D I'm desperate for new outerwear!

I really love the female coat, I know which of my sims will get that one. Actually, all the women's clothes will suit her. :D

My least favourite item is the black and red dress with the frilly skirt (the **** one!) but I'm trying to imagine it in a dusky pink instead. *squints at colour channels*

The blue dress with the gauzy scarf is stunning. :shock:

edit: just noticed it blanked a word. It wasn't a bad word! :lol::lol::lol: :oops:
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Beautiful pics Allspice1232. I love it. I hope we get a house/decor Big Easy set.
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2013
    Krisha880 wrote:
    Thank you Allspice1232 for the beautiful pictures! I can't wait to have those dresses in my game :)
    monaduncan wrote:
    Beautiful pics Allspice1232. I love it. I hope we get a house/decor Big Easy set.

You're welcome. :)
    34336_s.gif
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    ONE new female hairstyle? No accessories? No build items?

Pass. ... Wait.

Those dresses in HD are beautiful. But for that many SP?! What to do!!!!!!!

• JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited January 2013
    The dresses themselves are quite simple in their style and silhouette, but I applaud the designers for the amount of details - the shading and the ripples, folds and creases are fantastic and make the dresses and the bow on the female hair look very realistic.
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ok... love it too much and depressing myself that I need to wait for it. Thanks for posting the pics everyone! Can anyone tell me if the coats are outerwear enabled?

You're welcome, and yes they are. :)

Excellent! :D:D:D I'm desperate for new outerwear!

I really love the female coat, I know which of my sims will get that one. Actually, all the women's clothes will suit her. :D

My least favourite item is the black and red dress with the frilly skirt (the **** one!) but I'm trying to imagine it in a dusky pink instead. *squints at colour channels*

The blue dress with the gauzy scarf is stunning. :shock:

edit: just noticed it blanked a word. It wasn't a bad word! :lol::lol::lol: :oops:

maybe you left out the "l" if you are talking about the dress I think you're talking about.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    It's a lovely set, now I just need a garden district inspired world to wear the new clothing in. Also, it is a shame none of the 'cotillion' dresses are actually available for teens. I am not sure why a 'young adult' would still need one. I suppose they could wear it just after they transitioned to young adulthood instead of when they were on the cusp of reaching it.
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited January 2013
    Makes me wonder if they are working on a new New Orleans style world...hmmm. :?:
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
    edited January 2013
    Makes me wonder if they are working on a new New Orleans style world...hmmm. :?:

Hope so! :D
  • FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited January 2013
    These new colthing set are awsome, I just downloaded it. I wonder if the the first store world for 2013 is based on New Orleans ?
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited January 2013
    I really like it too...
    But I'm going to have to wait for daily deal later on, my simming money this month went to 70's, 80's, and 90's Stuff. But I really like the men's hair and clothes.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2013
    lydiad206 wrote:
    I like the set, though I don't want to buy it until I'm sure the female hair is there. Can anyone confirm it's there, they just aren't showing the picture right now?

I would love to see some pictures of the new hairs in game, please!

Sure, I'll post them in a bit.

Thanks! Can't wait to see.

Here's the female hair.

8411137553_e8afe2d2bb_c.jpg

8411136893_c0f313585b_c.jpg

8411136837_e3392f68dc_c.jpg

And an extra picture to show the full dress, because it is a beautiful dress:

8412234778_f42a34c601_c.jpg

Thank you for these pictures Allspice1232 :)What a gorgeous dress! It is breath-taking! Very feminine and romantic :)
    What a gorgeous set! Well done EA! :thumbup:
    It is a shame that it does not include a few outfits for Elders. That would have made this set 100% perfect! :) It is wonderful to see lots of interesting Male clothing. My Son is always saying that male sims need more clothes :)
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited January 2013

Ooooooooh I third that! :D What a great world that would be :)
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited January 2013
    I'm trying to upload images and it just isn't happening. :roll:

I've been busy re-colouring and playing with the colour channels. The blue dress with the scarf is very nice and by far my favourite! I gave it a creamy white top and changed the skirt and scarf to black and it looked really nice, I also did a gold and ivory version. The dark green dress looks quite Grecian if it is coloured white with gold detail. All the hair is very nice and I was surprised how much I liked the man's hair in the game. The only disappointment is that some things can't be changed which restricts what you can do: the red and black flapper dress has unlikely colour-ways, I wanted to change the black to gold but it doesn't let you, and the dress with the little jacket has a lavender border that also looks odd when you change the colours.

I really love the set and it compliments the existing jazz stuff well. I'll be getting a lot of use out of it! I hope they look at the colourways on future sets though. :D
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited January 2013

...and the French Quarter venue with the candle-making PCI :mrgreen:
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited January 2013
    I'm trying to upload images and it just isn't happening. :roll:

I've been busy re-colouring and playing with the colour channels. The blue dress with the scarf is very nice and by far my favourite! I gave it a creamy white top and changed the skirt and scarf to black and it looked really nice, I also did a gold and ivory version. The dark green dress looks quite Grecian if it is coloured white with gold detail. All the hair is very nice and I was surprised how much I liked the man's hair in the game. The only disappointment is that some things can't be changed which restricts what you can do: the red and black flapper dress has unlikely colour-ways, I wanted to change the black to gold but it doesn't let you, and the dress with the little jacket has a lavender border that also looks odd when you change the colours.

I really love the set and it compliments the existing jazz stuff well. I'll be getting a lot of use out of it! I hope they look at the colourways on future sets though. :D

Oh keep trying to upload your creations Cinderellimouse :) I would love to see what you have done with this set!
    Everyone has posted such lovely pictures :D
    rnKEhBT.png