Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New set: Ragtime in the Big Easy

Comments

• piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited January 2013
    The"travelling by steamboat" suit is going on Mortimer Goth.

That is a good idea for when my Morty ages up. Right now he can wear the red beans N rice outfit. Great set! :D
  • ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited January 2013
    lydiad206 wrote:
    I like the set, though I don't want to buy it until I'm sure the female hair is there. Can anyone confirm it's there, they just aren't showing the picture right now?

I would love to see some pictures of the new hairs in game, please!

Sure, I'll post them in a bit.

Thanks! Can't wait to see.
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oooh, I really like this set. *adds it to WL* I normally wait on clothes, but this one's higher on my list than CAS sets usually are. Hopefully I can get more points before the sale is up.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited January 2013
    Can't wait to get home and install! :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2013
    Okaaaay, this is called thread-hogging. :P

Anyway, what I really like about it, is that it's... themed but not too themed. It doesn't beat you over the head and scream 1920's (although it's obviously greatly influenced by that era). I like the Art Deco jazz stuff, but the more of that stuff in a lot, the more everything else looks awkward and out of place since there's not enough Art Deco to make a truly complete theme. Which can be said for all the themes, frankly.

This can be mixed-and-matched with regular present day stuff, AND steampunk stuff, and it'll still look great. Just love it. The EA designers did a great job, thank you!!
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited January 2013
    If you go to the female clothing bit in the store Red Beans'n'Rice comes under female, know I'm sure that isn't meant to be there because it seems boyish. Just a thought.

Maybe both boys and girls can wear it?
  • lillyanna12lillyanna12 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Krisha880 wrote:
    If you go to the female clothing bit in the store Red Beans'n'Rice comes under female, know I'm sure that isn't meant to be there because it seems boyish. Just a thought.

Maybe both boys and girls can wear it?

Probably. I just found it a bit odd, but there you go that's my opinion.
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited January 2013
    The female clothes are very nice, and the little girl outfit is adorable. But the men's clothes are kind of boring and none of the clothes are enabled for elders or teens and there is no little girl hairstyle. So my reaction to this is mixed, im going to buy the items individually and I will probably pass on most of the guys outfits.
  • lillyanna12lillyanna12 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Could I ask to see these dresses in games pretty please :mrgreen:
    Night at the Opera
    St. Charles Ball Gown
    Garden District Dress
    Vieux Carre Dress

Is that okay, sorry if it's a lot I just want to find the righy dress. Thank you if you can do it, don't worry if you can't. :mrgreen:
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2013
    lydiad206 wrote:
    I like the set, though I don't want to buy it until I'm sure the female hair is there. Can anyone confirm it's there, they just aren't showing the picture right now?

Here's the female hair.

8411137553_e8afe2d2bb_c.jpg

8411136893_c0f313585b_c.jpg

8411136837_e3392f68dc_c.jpg

And an extra picture to show the full dress, because it is a beautiful dress:

8412234778_f42a34c601_c.jpg

34336_s.gif
    edited January 2013
    Could I ask to see these dresses in games pretty please :mrgreen:
    Night at the Opera
    St. Charles Ball Gown
    Garden District Dress
    Vieux Carre Dress

Is that okay, sorry if it's a lot I just want to find the righy dress. Thank you if you can do it, don't worry if you can't. :mrgreen:

The St Charlies Ball Gown is gorgeous. You can see it in my previous post, but I grab more of it in a second. I'll grab pictures of the others as well.
    34336_s.gif
  • ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Lovely pictures!

The details in this set are so awesome! Good job store team!
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited January 2013
    *jawdrop* OMG, gmaleinak, thank you!
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited January 2013
    I know right now that the odds of me ever using the male clothing is slim to none. The female clothing is about half and half for me. I just did the math tho and I can get all the dresses that I want and the female hair for 550 points. Usually, I just go ahead and get the whole set and uninstall the pieces that I don't want just so that I have them should I ever do a story or get an idea that I need them for, but this time I think I am going to go the "Pick and Choose" route. I already have the old 20's set so should I need male clothing for anything, I will just use those pieces.

Some of those dresses would make beautiful wedding dresses I am thinking! Maybe a bit unconventional, but I like unconventional!
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited January 2013
    OK...that St. Charles Ball Gown is the one I was thinking would be a pretty wedding dress. Now that I have seen in game pics, I am sold on that and the hair for sure! I have a sim who is probably going to remarry her ex husband (they already have one kid and she is now preggers with a second after a night of "for old times sake" woo-hoo) and I am thinking that since they did the big fancy formal wedding the first time, that dress and hairstyle would be perfect for a smaller, close family and friends only second wedding! Maybe in an off white or maybe soft grey/silver...hmmmm...
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yahtzami wrote:
    OK...that St. Charles Ball Gown is the one I was thinking would be a pretty wedding dress. Now that I have seen in game pics, I am sold on that and the hair for sure! I have a sim who is probably going to remarry her ex husband (they already have one kid and she is now preggers with a second after a night of "for old times sake" woo-hoo) and I am thinking that since they did the big fancy formal wedding the first time, that dress and hairstyle would be perfect for a smaller, close family and friends only second wedding! Maybe in an off white or maybe soft grey/silver...hmmmm...

that dress makes the whole set for me. i'm attempting to have will power and not buy points until tomorrow. so for now, i'm going to escape offline so I am less tempted! haha!

thanks for the pics everyone! so gorgeous!
    edited January 2013
    I'll edit this post as I take pictures:

Night at the Opera
    8412270358_b0a4cedd13_c.jpg

8411172767_1817f0b220_c.jpg
    My comment: I didn't think I'd like this dress, but it actually looks really nice in game.

St. Charles Ball Gown

8412274170_cd8940572f_c.jpg
    My comment: I love this dress. It is so beautiful and the detail is amazing. Great job Store Team! <3

Garden District Dress

Vieux Carre Dress

8411197813_20053a87a9_c.jpg

8412295024_9c9e85ce6d_c.jpg

My comment: Ehh...I really don't like this one. I think if that thing on the shoulder wasn't there it would be better. The bottom texture looks kinda weird to me as well, that's why I wanted to get a picture of it closer up to show you guys. Also...wow does it show off her breasts. :shock: :-o
    34336_s.gif
  • MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2013
    this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Funny enough, just this morning i was thinking how a Prohibition themed expansion pack would ROCK. for example,new careers could include Speakeasy owner, Gangster/Kingpin, booze runner, torch song singer, dixiland band member... tee hee i am in love with that Era...
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2013
    Worst set in a while.

sacrilege! :P But I am sorry that you don't want it, hope they offer something you do want next time!

:D I like you stickykisses. I've seen so many people be nasty to each other on here. You are obviously adult enough to disagree with others while understanding they have a right to their own opinions/tastes. Pleasantly surprised. :D

I do like the set. Alas, my simpoint limit doesn't. I would've been a taker at more around 1,100 points. The dresses are a surprise and the young lads hair was great, but I wanted that young boy's style also for men. People's cravings for elderly clothes could be satisfied if all male/female clothes worked on YA/Adult/and Elderly. It is ashame that these clothes won't fit on the elderly. :)

:mrgreen: Huge thanks to gmaleinak for gifting me this set. Wasn't my intention, but came as such a huge surprise.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh Wow now we can play Downton Abbey! Here comes Mary, Edith and Cybil.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks a lot, Allspice1232! Now you've made me really want this set!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2013
    We need a Titanic Ocean Liner. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited January 2013
    I'll edit this post as I take pictures:

Night at the Opera
    8412270358_b0a4cedd13_c.jpg

8411172767_1817f0b220_c.jpg
    My comment: I didn't think I'd like this dress, but it actually looks really nice in game.

St. Charles Ball Gown

8412274170_cd8940572f_c.jpg
    My comment: I love this dress. It is so beautiful and the detail is amazing. Great job Store Team! <3

Garden District Dress
    8411229319_4ce431142d_c.jpg

8411229211_b94a60409b_c.jpg
    My comment: Probably my second favorite dress after the St. Charles Ball Gown. Really beautiful.

Vieux Carre Dress
    8411197813_20053a87a9_c.jpg

8412344472_0793553f01_c.jpg

8412295024_9c9e85ce6d_c.jpg
    My comment: Ehh...I really don't like this one. I think if that thing on the shoulder wasn't there it would be better. The bottom texture looks kinda weird to me as well, that's why I wanted to get a picture of it closer up to show you guys. Also...wow does it show off her breasts. :shock: :-o

Quoting this to say I have them all posted. :)
    34336_s.gif
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    lydiad206 wrote:

Here's the female hair.

8411137553_e8afe2d2bb_c.jpg

8411136893_c0f313585b_c.jpg

8411136837_e3392f68dc_c.jpg

And an extra picture to show the full dress, because it is a beautiful dress:

Ok... love it too much and depressing myself that I need to wait for it. Thanks for posting the pics everyone! Can anyone tell me if the coats are outerwear enabled?
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    We need a Titanic Ocean Liner. hehehe

I bet the I.P team are working on that! :lol::D
    edited January 2013
    Ok... love it too much and depressing myself that I need to wait for it. Thanks for posting the pics everyone! Can anyone tell me if the coats are outerwear enabled?

You're welcome, and yes they are. :)
    34336_s.gif