Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inspiring Creativity Contests

SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
fb_post_Univ_contest2.png

Hey Simmers!

Our Inspire Creativity Contests just launched yesterday – we want to see as many submissions as possible! We’ll be awarding prizes to the top creations in art, design and engineering, fashion, film and photography, and writing. Enter one – or all – of the five categories and, if you’re 18 or older, you can also enter to win an all-expense trip to The Sims studio in Salt Lake City, where you can meet the team and see just how your creativity helps shape the game!

Enter here: http://www.thesims.com/inspiringcreativity

Can’t wait to see all of your creativity!

Comments

• LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm not from the USA or Canada. Is there any way I can participate?
    The FAQ wrote:
    I'm not from the US or Canada, but I want to enter. How can I participate?
    Please refer to your local community manager for ways to get involved with these contests.

Does this mean I CAN participate through my Community Manager, and still have the chance to win these prices (with the exception of the VIP Studio Visit)?
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • PinkyPop60PinkyPop60 Posts: 152
    edited January 2013
    Why when I try to submit it says failed to upload?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jmanning19jmanning19 Posts: 29
    edited January 2013
    Do you have this contest every year? I was super excited to enter and completed my entry and then read the rules. I am 3 months short of being 13 and got really sad I couldn't enter. I wanted to enter for the inspirational par of it, not the prize part. Will there be a contes next year that I can enter? you could always just lie and say ur 13 thats what i did to get on facebook
  • PinkyPop60PinkyPop60 Posts: 152
    edited January 2013
    Every time I try to subit it says upload failed
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    edited January 2013
    Love this contest so much! I just entered the photography side, and am off to write one for the art side. I have been drawing ever since I can remember. My mom has drawings of mine saved from before Kindergarten lol When I was about 12 is when I really picked up on photography. My uncle had this awesome Nikon (super out of date now lol) and my Aunt Lou had a Polaroid. I'm 22, almost 23 now and art has been my whole life. I sew, draw, make jewelry, make clay charms, do photography & do photoshop.

The Sims is just another outlet for my creativity because it lets me create my world, and own people. It's even more exciting since we can have them be photographers and artists. I'm super happy about the sketch pad coming with University too. I just love my game and am thankful for the Sims and to the team behind it.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited January 2013
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    The FAQ wrote:
    Please refer to your local community manager for ways to get involved with these contests.

Does this mean I CAN participate through my Community Manager, and still have the chance to win these prices (with the exception of the VIP Studio Visit)?

I had a similar question here. Any chance of an answer? Pretty please?
  • missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited January 2013
    Please with a bow on top? I don't even know who the community manager is!
  • lovable2001lovable2001 Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure almost everyone that has an account on the Sims 3 store has lied there age. Not many people are going to enter.
    edited January 2013
    Honestly amazed at the lack of replies on this thread. :shock:

I thought there would be more people involved. I literally jumped at the opportunity the second I saw it on the home page. Hmmm.

Well good luck with continuing the contest Sims team! Thank you guys/gals again for making it possible!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013

I thought there would be more people involved. I literally jumped at the opportunity the second I saw it on the home page. Hmmm.

Well good luck with continuing the contest Sims team! Thank you guys/gals again for making it possible!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

The fewer people who enter, the less competition for us. :mrgreen: I entered on the writing side, and I'm still thinking about entering for the trip to The Sims Studios -- at first it didn't interest me because I thought it was going to be the ones here in the Bay Area, but I've got friends in Salt Lake City who I could have dinner with if I win so I'd love to get that prize!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2013
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    The FAQ wrote:

I'm thinking this aswell....

and if one outside US or Canada won... wouldn't it be ok if they make it to an airport in the corect are themself (like to New York)?

it is sad when something fun isn't international... when on an international site...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • amyrosewinksamyrosewinks Posts: 76 New Member
    edited January 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    The FAQ wrote:

and if one outside US or Canada won... wouldn't it be ok if they make it to an airport in the corect are themself (like to New York)?

it is sad when something fun isn't international... when on an international site...

I agree, they could also do skype tours, where they take us on a video tour and we can ask questions as we go on the tour, I live in NZ and air fare to and from the US are super expensive so its not likely I would be able to get there so a tour by skype would be perfect for people in other countries
  • bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2013
    For the Fashion contest, are sewing patterns able to be used or not?
    edited January 2013

The fewer people who enter, the less competition for us. :mrgreen: I entered on the writing side, and I'm still thinking about entering for the trip to The Sims Studios -- at first it didn't interest me because I thought it was going to be the ones here in the Bay Area, but I've got friends in Salt Lake City who I could have dinner with if I win so I'd love to get that prize!

Good point!! hahah I can't wait till the 25th when they vote. I can't even imagine how excited I would be if I won either of the categories I entered. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
    edited January 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    The FAQ wrote:

I agree, they could also do skype tours, where they take us on a video tour and we can ask questions as we go on the tour, I live in NZ and air fare to and from the US are super expensive so its not likely I would be able to get there so a tour by skype would be perfect for people in other countries

it could even be done from the more local office... like if there is one in Australia, you would get a ticket there... get a tour there and from there talk and see the center in US.....

I'm so sad that they keep haveing this only US... also they mention it in the broadcast, and their they donøt say it is limited to US and Canada.... I was like oh YEA finally an international big competition... but no...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited January 2013
    I SO wish it was the 25th already!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::lol:
    zv7sly.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Can we enter more than once??

& by that I mean, I entered the photography & art one. BUT! Can I do MORE entries in the same categories? If not, I completely understand. BUT! If we can, I do have more photos that Id love to enter.

:D
    zv7sly.jpg
    edited February 2013
    I wish they would ansvere the questions us from out of US is asking...
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited February 2013
    Can we enter more than once??

& by that I mean, I entered the photography & art one. BUT! Can I do MORE entries in the same categories? If not, I completely understand. BUT! If we can, I do have more photos that Id love to enter.

:D

I'm pretty sure the rules stated one entry per category. It was tough to narrow it down to 6 images, wasn't it?

I too am surprised there hasn't been more discussion regarding this contest. I talked about it with some friends, but they said they were opting out. I don't really know why - guess maybe the prizes weren't that appealing to them.

I hope that EA will eventually post all the entries, but I suspect they're only going to post the top 15 per category. I'm looking forward to seeing whatever does get posted anyway. :P
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited February 2013
    BryonyRae wrote:
    I too am surprised there hasn't been more discussion regarding this contest. I talked about it with some friends, but they said they were opting out. I don't really know why - guess maybe the prizes weren't that appealing to them.

I hope that EA will eventually post all the entries, but I suspect they're only going to post the top 15 per category. I'm looking forward to seeing whatever does get posted anyway. :P

Same here! It's weird. I was just in San Fran for 2 days and figured there'd be more responses on this when I got home, but I guess not. Hmm. =P
    zv7sly.jpg
  • ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just submitted! I'm so excited! Good luck everyone! :):)
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would have liked to enter the contest, but I live a long way from USA
  • ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm giving this a try. Reading, Writing, and perhaps drawing. But I have nooo idea what to submit really. And the writing bit confuses me. It's only 600 words right? on the file we submit? Not sure what to write about *le sigh*
  • ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited February 2013
    ScifiSOS wrote:
    I'm giving this a try. Reading, Writing, and perhaps drawing. But I have nooo idea what to submit really. And the writing bit confuses me. It's only 600 words right? on the file we submit? Not sure what to write about *le sigh*

I believe you are correct. However I was reading the FAQ and it says that the contest ends on February 15th. When I read this on the night before, I was rushed to submit my entry, because I thought it would of end the next day, which it's supposed to..

So, i'm just confused, the contest is still on? I wish I knew that it was, so I wouldn't of had to rush :(
    edited February 2013
    I think the submissions are done like you said, but aren't they supposed to post the entries soon and then announce on the 25th?? Or do they release the entries on the 25th and go from there?? lolol

All I know for sure is that I'm super excited & was glad that I could enter. Can't wait to see the winners!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    zv7sly.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top