Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Monopoly (Board Game)

I've had this idea for awhile, and I was thinking about mentioning it here. Has anyone here played the classic board game called Monopoly? Its basically a cut throat competition board game where one player tries to control the board. There are a bunch of different edition. I remember seeing a dog lovers monopoly, monopoly here and now, even a coke lovers Monopoly. They've also had Monopolies based on TV shows, such as the Simpsons, so why not a Sims Monopoly? They could have the properties be different locations from each of the sims games, for example, Strange Town, Sunset Vally, Bridgeport. Instead of houses and hotels, players could build houses and apartments. Than they could change to chance and community chest cards to reflect things in the Sims game as well. Instead of money, players would use Simolieons. If they made a Sims Monopoly, I might consider buying it, and I'm probably not the biggest Sims fan out there. Would you consider buying it, if they made one? In what other ways could the game be changed slightly to reflect the Sims universe? What locations from the Sims 3 or past sims games you would like them to include on the board?

Comments

• MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm hooked, I'd buy it.

Just too easy when it comes to Sims :wink:
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'd prefer a business game instead. One where my sims could start off with a home business and build it into a global corporation by buying out all homes and businesses in all towns. If my sims are successful, they'll ultimately control all resources and be responsible for providing all good and services to townies and NPC's.

Along the way, my sims would have to watch out for competitors and make good business decisions to avoid bankruptcy and takeover.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited July 2011
    G01denswan,

That's an interesting idea, but it would be kind of hard to do with a board game.
  • allycayallycay Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I don't really think it would be very entertaining, it would just seem to easy, it should probably be a little more like the video game, maybe more like The Game of Life... But you can still make it a little differently though. :?
  • allycayallycay Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    g01denswan,
    That seems more like a video game, not a board game, but I could see what it would look like. I would definitely buy that game.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'd buy it, but since in my group of real life friends and family I'm the only simmer nobody would ever play it with me. So it'd probably sit around collecting dust.... but I'd still buy it.

Edit: just realized how old this is. I'd still buy it if they ever made it though. :lol: But it seems the idea didn't take off.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    Go to Liam, go directly to Liam do not pass go do not collect 200 Simoleons. In other words I'm in .
  • tiffanywentzeltiffanywentzel Posts: 132
    edited January 2013
    I'd buy/play it! :thumbup:
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sounds neat.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:
    Sounds neat.
    what a great idea!