Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Indoor skating rink

I made an indoor skating rink and arcade for my sims to enjoy. I think it turned out pretty nicely for the little amount of time I put into it. (I get bored fairly quickly when building) I also forgot to put in lights at the time these pictures were taken. Whoops.

Screenshot-67_zps4cb3ac94.jpg

Screenshot-70_zpse6c9d6d4.jpg

Screenshot-69_zps620c0cc8.jpg

Screenshot-68_zps7509f9f4.jpg

Screenshot-65_zpsfc944845.jpg

Screenshot-66_zps8bbc6179.jpg

So what do you guys think?
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow that's a great idea for a venue. Well done! :-D
  • Options
    vonHentzauvonHentzau Posts: 419 Member
    edited January 2013
    Nice! Love the floor decals.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2013
    Nice build. I like how we can build skating rinks now and ice skating rink venues. Imagine when we get bowling in universities having a combo bowling alley/skating rink.

I'm planning on building a candy themed skating rink soon with the Sweet Treats stuff pack.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited January 2013
    I actually used the ice cream lights from the sweet treats stuff pack for my venue. I need to start using those items more frequently.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love it great job ... :-)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I made an indoor skating rink and arcade for my sims to enjoy. I think it turned out pretty nicely for the little amount of time I put into it. (I get bored fairly quickly when building) I also forgot to put in lights at the time these pictures were taken. Whoops.

Screenshot-67_zps4cb3ac94.jpg

So what do you guys think?

I love it!! I built something like this a while ago (minus the skating rink) because I had to force myself to make use of Store items haha!!

Where did those counters/bar come from?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The counters are from Showtime. :)
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you! How have I never noticed them! Haha!!
  • Options
    emokun14emokun14 Posts: 78 New Member
    edited January 2013
    very nice btw do you have problems with the game crashing jw if not what did you do to prevent this?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2013
    Great idea! It looks awesome too. Are you going to upload it? I'd love one but I'm lazy... LOL :P
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to fix it up first and then upload it. When I initially built it, I just did it to get it done and didn't really care about decorations and such. I even forgot to add bathrooms which I have since added. I'll also probably remove the store items so people don't have to worry about those.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    edited January 2013
    emokun14 wrote:
    very nice btw do you have problems with the game crashing jw if not what did you do to prevent this?

Nope I've never had a crashing problem with Sims, so I didn't have to do anything to prevent it.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I'm going to fix it up first and then upload it. When I initially built it, I just did it to get it done and didn't really care about decorations and such. I even forgot to add bathrooms which I have since added. I'll also probably remove the store items so people don't have to worry about those.

Fantastic! Can't wait to see it in my game. :wink:
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love it!!Great job
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks awesome. :D

I tried the same idea and the game sent me back to the desktop.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited January 2013
    I never would have thought to add the disco lights over the skating rink. But I love it!

giphy.gif

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    What size lot did you use? I was thinking of doing one but maybe on a smaller lot, putting the arcade games on an upper floor or maybe a balcony surrounding the main floor. I'm trying to keep myself busy because I don't want to play my main family until University Life so I can send the girls to college.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's on a 20x30 lot. I feel it's just always the ideal lot size for all worlds. I'm going to go in game today to fix it up and get it ready for uploading.

EDIT: Here's the updated version without the store items. I forgot to change the coffee maker to a non-store item, but that's not a big deal because you can easily replace it yourself if the game doesn't.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6882056

Post edited by Unknown User on
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    savagemamasavagemama Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2013
    that is super cool you've inspired me to make one soon. I just made my 1stconsignment store today, that was fun!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, glad I could help inspire you. I'm trying to get better about actually building things for myself instead of always relying on others. It looks a lot different now than the original design from the screenshots.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    AbbyMcTabbyAbbyMcTabby Posts: 794 Member
    edited January 2013
    What size lot did you use? I was thinking of doing one but maybe on a smaller lot, putting the arcade games on an upper floor or maybe a balcony surrounding the main floor. I'm trying to keep myself busy because I don't want to play my main family until University Life so I can send the girls to college.

I built a game arcade for Hideen Springs that used a balcony on the game floor. I did it so that I could have a double height back wall to put a row of climbing walls against.

Now I have seen this I want to add a skating rink in the basement as the upper floor has Karaoke rooms.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2013
    Once Uni comes out you can add some vending machines and a coffee bartista to it.

I have yours bookmarked. I love to see what builders come out with after new eps come out.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait for the vending machines! I don't think I'll put a barista bar in it though.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    SEFGproductionsSEFGproductions Posts: 108 New Member
    edited February 2013
    what is the size of the rink? I plan on building a venue like this but I don't have seasons yet so I want to include the size in a blueprint. Also you venue is a great build. I really like it!