Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Many topics in one thread. Some arguments.

In Seasons it is already possible for a male to become pregnant (via alien abduction) so it would be great if male sims had the option to try for a baby with another male sim (and the same for females). I know gay couples can adopt but then the genetics are not carried on, which are a major technological part of the game.

Am I the only one who would love to see my sim's child be a perfect mix of their two fathers (or mothers)?

Comments

• Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    So how does that work does one of the girls just grow one and shoot army men in or something? I dont even WANT to think about what happens with the guys :lol: .
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited January 2013
    *Shudders*
    Just the thought of myself having a fetus inside me makes me cry, I'll leave it to the girls, they know what they're doing. :lol:

Although, when I have a homosexual couple, I just make them adopt and then add their genetics to the adopted child through Twallen. :]
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2013
    But in real life, gay couples can't procreate. I know men aren't typically impregnated by aliens either but that plays into some sci-fi tropes and the zaniness of The Sims. I think real world things such as homosexuality remain rooted in reality and not magically be able to try for a baby.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited January 2013
    In Seasons it is already possible for a male to become pregnant (via alien abduction) so it would be great if male sims had the option to try for a baby with another male sim (and the same for females). I know gay couples can adopt but then the genetics are not carried on, which are a major technological part of the game.

Am I the only one who would love to see my sim's child be a perfect mix of their two fathers (or mothers)?
    thatd be great, really, dont you think gay couples in real life would want their child to look like the 2 of them too? but thats not how life works..
    the alien thing is a joke on an old conspiracy theory. but males cant concieve. they have no womb. they have no way of carrying a baby for 9 months [or 3 days xD].

THATS why they dont do it in the game.

• IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited January 2013
    Let's see, first off, in real life:

http://www.gizmag.com/possibility-of-genetic-children-from-same-sex-couples/17228/

I agree. I won't use the feature, but it should be there.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2013
    You could always:

-Clone a sim to get a same sex child

-Move a female sim into your household and force one of the gay men into a relationship with her, then kick her out after she gives birth to his child. Better yet, put in 2 females and then they can both have a child of their own blood.

An addition to this suggestion would be to make sure that if you father children with both guys, make sure you get a boy and a girl, and then make those 2 fall in love and there will be a grandchild from both bloodlines! :)

-Totally unrealistic option - go into CAS with one of the sims and turn him into a female, let him give birth and then change him back again.

The above suggestions would work with gay females too. Personally I favour the 2nd approach. I don't play gay sims very often but I am sorely tempted to make 2 married couples, produce children with each, and then make the same sex partners fall for one another!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    IMeep wrote:

http://www.gizmag.com/possibility-of-genetic-children-from-same-sex-couples/17228/

heehee Bert and Ernie....lol I wonder if anyone made them as Sims. We got the crazy skin color sliders :lol:
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited January 2013
    Lakross wrote:
    IMeep wrote:

heehee Bert and Ernie....lol I wonder if anyone made them as Sims. We got the crazy skin color sliders :lol:
    so true.. lol
    but theyre just friends.. i wish people didnt have to turn them into something theyre not.
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2013

I really miss this from Sims 2! With just a few simple cheats, any two sims could be parents together. I had a gay couple who I loved dearly -- they had two daughters and a son. They were such good parents! So attentive and loving. I wish I could resurrect their whole family, but, alas, their children cannot properly exist in-game right now. I suppose I'm happy to be playing with Marcus and Jeff again, but I miss Ava, Julia, and Damian! As it is, my TS3 incarnations of Marcus and Jeff are going to be adopting here shortly. But what a shame that they can't start a family in a more 'traditional' way!
  • flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited January 2013
    The only time something similar like this would occur in real life is through a surrogate mother for the gay men and a lesbian couple doing artificial insemination.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • startamastartama Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 2013
    We don't need any mpreg in the Sims beyond in a mod or by aliens, thank you.
    There is a famous mod that does it if you really want it, though.

But anyway, I think surrogate mothers would be an adorable alternative. They can either hire a woman, and depending on their relationship with them, the baby will come out with traits you can choose or just random bad traits, or you can pick a woman you're friends with to be your surrogate.

And alternatively, for lesbian couples, what if one of them can get impregnated at the hospital? It's easy to include.
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    Lakross wrote:
    IMeep wrote:

so true.. lol
    but theyre just friends.. i wish people didnt have to turn them into something theyre not.

But what else is the internet for...learning? :lol:
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited January 2013
    The sims is based off real life, even if there are fantasy elements in the game, so they would never include this in the game. (The only way would be to get a mod)
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm all for some whimsy like alien abduction causing pregnancy in males but completely defying biology is too far out there for me.

Get a mod and have a ball.
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited January 2013
    Personally I've always envisioned same-sex couples having to use a combination of IVF and cloning techniques. No, it wouldn't happen in nature, but I believe that science and medicine have advanced to the point where it is theoretically possible. In addition, it is possible for pregnancy to occur outside of the womb. In happens occasionally in women and it is incredibly dangerous for the mother.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Sorry, but I would be against EA forcing us to implement gay-pregnancies for our Sims. :?
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited January 2013
    I can't even imagine how he would give birth to the baby. :lol:
  • flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited January 2013

It would be possible in real life for a man to carry a baby but it could kill him.

A Sim male giving birth, you mean? Probably the same way he has the alien.
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013

It would be possible in real life for a man to carry a baby but it could kill him.

If a baby kills someone while they're carrying it/creating it, that means they cannot support a baby and thusly are not optimized for having babies... in every case (unless the person is transgendered and was born with a womb), a man cannot carry a baby. Their abs would not allow for the baby to grow, nor would their hips/waists. In addition, men have a high muscle content (which is a BAD environment for a fetus), whereas women have naturally higher fat contents (which is better for babies). This is why bodybuilding women cannot have babies, either. So no, it is impossible for a man to CARRY a baby, because the body would terminate the pregnancy as it would be seen as "foreign" or the baby would simply not develop and miscarry.

At any rate, I agree with RawrGoesTheCat. It'd be a little strange. :shock:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2013
    There is also the wishing well that lets sims have a child whether thier gay or straight. Incidently one of my male sims wished for love and got another guy. That hit it off.
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited January 2013
    Obviously a male would have to have a C-section in order to remove a baby.

In theory, no, it isn't impossible for a man to carry a child to term in his abdomen. However, I would deem in highly improbable for a man to successfully carry a child to viability. Certainly, no reputable physician would even consider carrying out such a procedure, given that current medical advice is to terminate any pregnancies that occur outside of the womb.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited January 2013
    What if two same-sex sims could go to the science facility and mix their genes to get a baby together? :D After 3 sim-days, or however long pregnancy last in sims, they will get a notice that their child has been born successfully - they can come and pick it up! Ta-dah!
  • ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited January 2013
    General replies -

Nobody would force you to use the feature (NPCs don't even get into gay relationships)

Males can already get pregnant

The sims is not about scientific realism. Ninjas can teleport. There are vampires, werewolves, witches, and ghosts. You can bring a ghost back to life or be abducted by aliens. You can die by mummification..

I see no reason why the programming wouldn't be able to make a mixture of the two mens' genes..

And Vandalis' idea seems like a good compromise too! :)
  • ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited January 2013
    danivixen wrote:

If a baby kills someone while they're carrying it/creating it, that means they cannot support a baby and thusly are not optimized for having babies... in every case (unless the person is transgendered and was born with a womb), a man cannot carry a baby. Their abs would not allow for the baby to grow, nor would their hips/waists. In addition, men have a high muscle content (which is a BAD environment for a fetus), whereas women have naturally higher fat contents (which is better for babies). This is why bodybuilding women cannot have babies, either. So no, it is impossible for a man to CARRY a baby, because the body would terminate the pregnancy as it would be seen as "foreign" or the baby would simply not develop and miscarry.

At any rate, I agree with RawrGoesTheCat. It'd be a little strange. :shock:

Male pregnancy isn't a feature they'd have to add though. Male sims can already get pregnant via alien abduction so this isn't about whether men can carry babies or not :)
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't know what to think about this. My gut reaction is that is just seems too weird (and this is coming from a simmer who really wanted the alien male pregnancy! :mrgreen: ). I know the game isn't exactly realistic but hmmmmm... :?

I don't like to reject ideas and I'm open to the inclusion of it. I'm definitely not against the idea of two male or two female sims magically getting pregnant. I would probably find it quite sweet and amusing actually. :D

I think I would prefer an option to visit the science facility or hospital and get a 'test-tube baby' or something: where your controlable sim can visit the facility and click on an option to 'make a test tube baby' and can either do it alone (a clone as we have now) or to have 'make test tube baby with...' and to be able to select from a list of sims you have a very high relationship with. You could also have the interaction with other sims 'Suggest we make a test-tube baby' which could be accepted or denied depending on your relationship.

I don't even think it's necessary for sims to be romantically involved. In real life, people ask friends to be surrogate mothers and fathers. I just think you need a super-high relationship status (or maybe the askee needs the 'good' trait).

So when you've asked the science facility or hospital for your baby, picked a sim to help (or not if you want a clone) you go home, wait a few days and then get a notification saying your baby is ready to be collected! Or if that takes the nuturing side away, perhaps they send you home with a big egg that you nurture (like the dragons in sims 1) and then you get a child (not a dragon! Or maybe if things go wrong... !!!) :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top