Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Venting about just Simming!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, so today I planned on Simming all day long. Playing my newbie family, ready to have Brandi. they live in the original 7 Sim Lane home from Sims 1. They are my "seasons" family gameplay. I love it, been through 3 "years" and it's so much fun.

Today I played for like 6 hours. My fault for not saving. So, I was like "let me save before something happens and I'm really annoyed. Boom. save file issue where it just says Sims 3 not responding. I coulda cried. Brandi was about to be a toddler in 2 days. I played like a Sim week or 2, but did some editing in RV, got their next home ready for them to purchase, etc. Did some stuff to the firehouse. Lost it ALL. So annoying. SOOOO Annoying.

So I wasn't gonna play that world again today because once something annoying like that happens I usuallyc an't stand to redo it all in the same day. Well I said, I'm gonna anyways because I'd like to get Angela & Dustin going again. they were one of my fav Sims 2 families. But I wanna play through it nicely with my Newbie cuz I love having them again and reliving orginal Sims gameplay but in Sims 3. Its so cool

So I'm playing, I get all the build stuff out of the way (minus the town stuff I did) and I get Bob's fire engine all fixed and upgraded AGAIN. Have Brandi, AGAIN. Then Bob was on an Earthquake Emergency. Then I saw the message about their dog and the social worker so I go back to Betty, wake her up to socialize with the dog before something happens. I'm good. Nope. She starts crying signaling the loss of the dog. I exit to main menu sign into the forum just to complain.

LOL what a day. What an annoyingly aggravating Simming day. LOL I almost went and played another world again. I swear I'm putting everything into hyper fast mode and testing cheating my way through a sim week to catch up I'm so annoyed right now lol

ever happen to you guys? Worst thing ever. 2x tonight!!!

Comments

• Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I especially hate it when I'm in C-A-S and lose a character I spent 2 hours working on T_T
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2013
    It is so easy to lose track of time while playing! Sorry you lost your game time.

If you are okay with a simple mod, get Saver from Twallan. It will remind you to save every 30 minutes (or whatever set it to, can be sim time like 5am, or real time like 30 mins).

Or else you can use a timer/alarm while playing.

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2013
    I know what you mean.. It really sucks to lose it all. But they say the second time around doing it all again it ends up working out better then the first time. 8) I find that to be true sometimes..
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited January 2013
    That was painful to read. :cry:
    Sorry you had to endure that. *hug*

The greatest loss I've had was losing my whole family, the only thing that I liked about The Sims 3, due to a hard drive failure.
    By family I mean everything.
  • Options
    MurlMurl Posts: 121 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I know how you feel, this happened to me the other day! I went in to Edit Town to build a house (which took 2 hours), moved them in and then my game crashed.. and I hadn't saved it yet :(
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited January 2013
    I've been trying to remember to save after important events, primarily aging up. I really hate it when it crashes in CAS.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited January 2013
    LOL I ended up getting through my plans for my Newbie family. their all settled in their new home and Betty got a horse. However it happened again but only after like one sim day more of simming, I lost the horse purchase set up day, but it'll take 5 minutes to redo. I clicked into buy/build mode and it never would finally sqitch over. Even the interface was half live mode half build mode, it was stuck on loading for like 10 min, I finally just ended the task

However, I'm being smarter about saving. I'm saving every 3 Sim days as a general rule. I am running alot of stuff on max so it's not like the days of Sims 1 when you could play 20hrs in a row (yes I most certainly did when Superstar came out, lol) and not worry about save issues lol.
  • Options
    Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    edited January 2013
    Aargh how annoying! I've had this happen on a few occasions and I can honestly say twallan's Saver mod is such a lifesaver, I don't know where I'd be without it lol :-) my computer has lots of issues and likes to bsod at will, I literally have to save every ten minutes, real time. It's a bit of a grind but so worth it when the game or computer crashes.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited January 2013
    I cannot tell you how many times I've restarted the current family I'm playing. I have this tendency to only play Sims I have created myself. It took me awhile, but I figured out how to have the four branches of the family related. I started, originally with just the three brothers (one of whom is my singer Sim). After several attempts wherein my singer reached the pinnacle of his career, was a Vocal Legend, and at the top of his guitar skill, plus being a five-starred celebrity, I lost it when he took his new bride "overseas" (WA) to have an exotic honeymoon. He lost his steady gigs.

It was suggested I get Twallen's Traveler mod, which I did. So, once again, it required I start anew. Something else untoward happened, which made me start anew again. I think I was up to the 7th or 8th round, before it dawned on me that I also wanted his sister and her family in the mix. I believe this was after Erik and his bride got trapped in China (never to be seen or heard of again). That may well be when it was suggested I get the mod mentioned above. (I think I've been through it all with this particular Sim. LOL)

My current game consists of the three brothers, their younger, married sister and her identical twin sons (created in CAS — the only way I know how identicals can be achieved). Again, Erik is doing great (all WITHOUT SimPort, I may add). Sadly, tragically, he died in a freak home fire, right after he attained Rising Star Status (level 6). :shock: I shrugged and was all about starting over again, but my almost 12-year-old granddaughter suggested I just keep going.) I pondered whether or not to exit without saving, or to just see what the paper write up would be, when the game made up my mind for me. It was one time I wasn't annoyed that "Sims 3 has encountered an error(Windows)and must close down" …

Thankfully, I'm in a good habit of saving periodically — most often after something significant occurs — so the game picked up prior to Erik's untimely demise. I was able to circumvent things to a different outcome, happily. He has since sold 20 albums, had 3 Legendary gigs and has raised his career to level 7 and his celebrity to the B-list (3 stars).

Best of luck to you, as it seems we share a kindred style of play. LOL It's uproariously fun, but there is always the negative side of things, too, to keep it in balance. Oi!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    So the summary of this is to not play for two Sim weeks and neglect saving once?

Interesting. :lol:
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited January 2013
    Even though my game doesn't crash anymore, I still make it a habit to save my game the moment my Sim goes to bed. I suggest everyone do this.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee